The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

I know all the ched evans thread have been locked and merged into one, but given the quantity of members on this forum, it would be interesting to see whether you would boycott home matches.

I for one, if ched evans signs WILL be boycotting home games as I refuse to put my hard earned income in to his pocket. I will still go to away games, but in my opinion we could be rock bottom and heading into League 2, I still would not want this man here.

Lets be liberal about the idea too, respect each others opinion. This poll is merely a stance to see on the general opinion. Also comment on your reasons.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've paid for the season ticket, whether I go or not is irrelevant. If he isn't signed by Saturday I'll go to the game and see how I feel when I'm there. I'll join in with any "Sack the board" type chants as I think they've done pretty irreparable damage to the club over the last few days.

If he does sign before Saturday I've got a different decision to make.

Iv'e been supporting Latics for 57 years, and for most of that time it has been an ordeal. The Royle years were a long time coming but sensational when they did. I'm sat here tonight sick to the core as to the soap opera that is unfolding. I am angry at the fact that we appear to be rudderless, and haven't got a clue as to what kind of future the club is facing. Falling gates, the never ending story of the new stand, and dozens of other things that irritate over the years, have driven me to doubt my sanity. BUT I support Oldham Athletic and will continue to do so whatever. Boycott games!!!!!!. A true supporter wouldn't even think about it.

As someone who struggles to make every home game nowadays due to finance issues. If any season ticket holders don't wish to attend. Maybe we could agree on a deal for the no longer used ticket?

Maybe getting way ahead of myself but I will be going when I can no matter

Why not get everyone against it to attend the next few games and have a sit in! I support Latics, not Simon Corney or the shower of a board. I will still be going when they have long gone. If people really give a crap, show it and turn up. Support the team for 90 minutes and protest after the final whistle. it's too easy to whine and bitch on social media these days. Ched or no Ched I will be there on Saturday cheering for 3 points

I never really get the "I'm not going to pay his wages" argument. When he (and thousands like him, some of whom are even worse specimens) was in prison, taxpayers were paying to keep him fed and healthy then. I appreciate there is a small difference when he's directly on a payroll but the principle makes it not worth bothering about.

I never really get the "I'm not going to pay his wages" argument. When he (and thousands like him, some of whom are even worse specimens) was in prison, taxpayers were paying to keep him fed and healthy then. I appreciate there is a small difference when he's directly on a payroll but the principle makes it not worth bothering about.

You were paying to keep him somewhere he didn't want to be rather than his dream job.

More than a small difference

I don't know what I'll do. Frankly, it's disgusting that I have a decision to make.

Probably about where I'm at.

The thing that might sway me in favour of not boycotting is the fact that LJ has conducted himself with more dignity than anyone in all this and probably deserves support.