The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha really?

I miss a few home games a season due to timing, a 2 hour round trip and the finance involved.

I will be there Saturday regardless.

You are boycotting something you don't even go to in the first place. How does that even work?

You are boycotting something you don't even go to in the first place. How does that even work?

You asked me a question regarding Wembley.... You asked if I would go... Under normal circumstances I would certainly go. Everyone crawls out of the woodwork for a Wembley trip and I would be no exception. I wouldn't if Ched was signed.

Does this help you out ?

Edited by oafc0000

It was directed to those that go to home games.

They have the decision to make. You are a stay sway fan who under normal circumstance would go to Wembley for a day out.

Your boycott means nothing as you don't attend or pay anything towards the club anyway. Your boycott if Evans signs affects nobody, changes nothing and just gives you another excuse.

Does that help you?

Your boycott means nothing as you don't attend or pay anything towards the club anyway. Your boycott if Evans signs affects nobody, changes nothing and just gives you another reason.

Other than the correction... Yeah I know...

What is your point ? Other than to state the obvious as usual :D

Edited by oafc0000

I did, death by dangerous driving is a fair way behind rape on my moral compass.

Really I'm suprised by that, so your tipping point is somewhere between mowing a group of innocents down under the influence of cocaine and alcohol and leaving the scene of the accident and rape, think your moral compass is a bit skew if you ask me.

I was reading @chiller replies yesterday, and although we've locked horns over foodbanks and other stuff - I was thoroughly disgusted at the level of abuse and dehumanisation from (seemingly) young OAFC fans she received for her comments on the subject - comments she is perfectly entitled to have.

I had a pretty lazy first day back at work today, with the freak show happening at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane I spent too much time reading here and twitter and I too have been amazed at the vitriol, bile, ill-informed opinion and hate being spewed by many people on twitter. If this really is an example of the modern generations then I fear for the future. I can tolerate txt spk, I have gotten over the misuse of their, there and they're, love a good c-bomb, even misplaced :censored: are fine but the anger, hatred and bitterness to those who are fiercely presenting a different point of view is astounding.

I've told many sexist jokes, many sick jokes but most of these have been in company where I am fairly certain that it has been as close to being acceptable as some of those jokes can be but to happily type "Fookin lezza bitch hope sum1 rapes ur :censored:" or similar from an account with your picture on, linked to pictures of your family, friends, car, workplace and other easily traceable identifiers is beyond me. "But itz only bantz lad" :censored: me, a lot of people have some major growing up to do.

Other than the correction... Yeah I know...

What is your point ? Other than to state the obvious as usual :D

The obvious being as a non attendee and non paying customer fot a number of years your opinion about how the club should be run doesnt count for :censored:.

The obvious being as a non attendee and non paying customer fot a number of years your opinion about how the club should be run doesnt count for :censored:.

Maybe not to you... Maybe not others... It does to some...

Personally I value your opinion close to something I left in the toilet recently but lets not get personal hey :D

Edited by oafc0000

I had a pretty lazy first day back at work today, with the freak show happening at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane I spent too much time reading here and twitter and I too have been amazed at the vitriol, bile, ill-informed opinion and hate being spewed by many people on twitter. If this really is an example of the modern generations then I fear for the future. I can tolerate txt spk, I have gotten over the misuse of their, there and they're, love a good c-bomb, even misplaced :censored: are fine but the anger, hatred and bitterness to those who are fiercely presenting a different point of view is astounding.

I've told many sexist jokes, many sick jokes but most of these have been in company where I am fairly certain that it has been as close to being acceptable as some of those jokes can be but to happily type "Fookin lezza bitch hope sum1 rapes ur :censored:" or similar from an account with your picture on, linked to pictures of your family, friends, car, workplace and other easily traceable identifiers is beyond me. "But itz only bantz lad" :censored: me, a lot of people have some major growing up to do.

Society certainly has fallen a long way, seems this is the modern way, I suppose this is what they sometimes mean as dissing someone.

Ed Miliband, the leader of the Labour party,today advised Oldham not to sign Ched Evans.

In the house, Harriet Harman, sits on Ed's left. She has been convicted, but still retains her job and allowed to work.

On Ed's right sits Ed Balls. He's been accused of "hit and run" but once realised he'd been spotted, admitted his offence. He still retains his job and allowed to work.

Jeffrey Archer,who is supported financially by millions of book buyers, was convicted of perjury and of perverting the course of justice and duly jailed, is still allowed to work by writing and publishing his books and earning a fortune, thank you very much.

Much nearer home, Joey Barton has twice been convicted of assault, sentenced and imprisoned, but he is still allowed to play football, today in the Premiership for QPR.

Ched Evans has been convicted, served his time, but is being hounded and to date not allowed to return to his work as a footballer

Methinks double standards are being applied.

I back Oldham for their courage in allowing Ched to work for them.

Ched should be allowed to return to his previous work just as other convicted people have.

Correct

Took a step back today and read some facts on the trial....and the circumstances leading upto the incident!

What happens if he is innocent?

Its not like people haven't been wrongly convicted before.

A lot of people on here would have hung the IRA lads imprisoned and vilified for years in prison only to find out later it was a set up and they were released.

The case was as flaky as :censored:.

The girl in question didn't even make a complaint over rape, if when questioned he had replied "no comment" to every question it wouldnt even have got to court, but he admitted to having sex with her.

And before anybody has a pop i have 2 daughters 1 of them 2 years older than the girl in question, she can't walk in shoe's like the girl in question had on walking into that hotel that night when sober never mind pissed.

He may have pulled the wool over my eyes with the website etc we will never know.

But before everyone joins the lynchmob culture and declares he he guily and should never play for us or anyone else for that matter you could all take a look at the facts that are out there for all to read.

It makes for interesting reading.

Took a step back today and read some facts on the trial....and the circumstances leading upto the incident!

What happens if he is innocent?

Its not like people haven't been wrongly convicted before.

A lot of people on here would have hung the IRA lads imprisoned and vilified for years in prison only to find out later it was a set up and they were released.

The case was as flaky as :censored:.

The girl in question didn't even make a complaint over rape, if when questioned he had replied "no comment" to every question it wouldnt even have got to court, but he admitted to having sex with her.

And before anybody has a pop i have 2 daughters 1 of them 2 years older than the girl in question, she can't walk in shoe's like the girl in question had on walking into that hotel that night when sober never mind pissed.

He may have pulled the wool over my eyes with the website etc we will never know.

But before everyone joins the lynchmob culture and declares he he guily and should never play for us or anyone else for that matter you could all take a look at the facts that are out there for all to read.

It makes for interesting reading.

He went on trial. He was found guilty. When/If he proves himself innocent we can re-consider signing him.

The justice system is by no means perfect but it is what we have!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

What have her shoes got to do with anything?

No I wouldn't boycott Latics - neither would I ever boo anyone on the pitch or sing negative songs during a game. I would however, express my vocal disgust at any gathering outside the ground AFTER a game (so it doesn't affect the players prior to playing). I have no massive thoughts on Ched Evans - but cannot believe the atrocious way the club has handled this - we are a laughing stock and the directors should be ashamed of themselves - incompetence beyond incompetence!!