The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

After 62 years, I wouldn't touch the club with a bargepole again until Corney is out. This episode is shameful. I am a "stakeholder". I have watched us through thick and thin, but the lack of morality here is sickening. Nobody has asked me for my views. I can't believe that I'd countenance harming the club, but an early relegation might help us in the long term. It would certainly clean the filth from my nostrils and hastens this board's departure. We have become a disgace to the civilised world. One good thing about a boycott is that it would hit Corney in the balls. It would burn him, and help get his hand out of the till.This could be turned into a very similar position to what happened at Swansea a decade ago, when another London spiv "owner" was physically thrown out of the Vetch. And look what happened there. Supporters can make a difference. The few hundred nazis that support Corney will soon disappear when they are confronted.

Chav Evans is an unrepentant rapist whom, with his rich friends and footballing-chums, is hounding a victim to desperation. She has had to move home five times in five months (thanks in part to his old chum now in exile with the Cumbrian giants). The Lord Chief Justice has said unequivocally that there are no grounds for appeal, ie that the facts and arguments were fully discussed and that a jury had come to an unarguable decision. And he thinks he is fit to play fo the Latics.

Friends are about to arrange a demo when we visit next month. Boycott, boycott, boycott.

supporting Corney makes you a Nazi, behave, get a grip and have wird with tourself.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are questioning the signing and questioning wether they should continue their support because of this should not be scorned on or looked down on for being less of a fan.

Who are they to tell me that I should support a rapist why should I? Why should we be looked down upon. For those people who do think that we should sign him I disagree with you but that does not make you a bad parent or woman hater necessarily because you believe we should sign him.

For what it's worth I will probably be there Saturday. I've been going for 23 years and it takes a lot to get out of that habit. But it could be the catalyst for me to fall out of love with the whole thing. I won't want to see him on the pitch and I won't ant to see him score and I won't want to hear his name chanted by the fans. Other people will feel the same others will feel differently. This will cause a division between the fan base.

For Oldham athletic to be successful we need everyone on board we can't progress if we are divided. At the moment as the board are still undecided and the fans are divided on the issue dare I say it some of the players may feel very divided about the issue we are divided at every level and for that reason it shouldn't happen.

I'm really on the fence at the moment. I think if he signed without apologising and deleting that rancid website of his, seeing him holding up a Latics shirt with Blatter and Corney either side of him and the look of desperation on LJ's face would do it for me.

But if he signed, gave a press conference and showed some :censored:ing remorse for his despicable crime and looked to make some reparations in the community and actually rehabilitate himself, I'd have some more sympathy for the club's decision.

A suggestion if he signs - would need someone to organise and my days of doing that are over.

Set up an an e mall address for the specific purpose of receiving messages from those who would have gone but are not doing so for this reason.

They send a message confirming that they would have gone and how much they would have spent - ticket, programme, raffle ticket, pie, bovril, whatever.

Keep a running total and send it to Mr Corney after every game.

I'll be there....

He's done what the legal system deemed suitable punishment. This maybe less tham we all agree it shpuld have been but hes done what was judged fit.

I don't buy this 'you cant go back as a copper or doctor etc'. No, you can't...but thats becauase rules are set out that say so and anybody entering the profession knows when they start that this is the case.

There is nothing to say he cannot play again. Whether this is right or wrong im not sure...but the fact is, there is not. He is therefore entitled to play again.

Regardless, i support a club, not an individual and if its deemed by the people in charge to be the right thing to do, thats fine by me.

He is therefore entitled to play again

Terrible awful logic...

How would you feel about a meter reading company or home delivery company having the same thought process and sending a convicted rapist around to your house ? Happy for your wife or daughter to invite them in to have a quick look at the meter? The registered sex offender ?

Nothing in the law to stop it. Does that make it right ? Is that the ONLY test that interests you ?

This concept that its only Evans who has employment issues following a rape conviction is laughable. Thousands of companies would struggle to find a position for him. Out of 92 football clubs... Its only us that seems to have found a position for him. He is a PR disaster and you would of thought an right minded club wouldn't of touched him with a barge pole. Our little family club is playing a beltter...

Edited by oafc0000

Everyone is entitled to feel anyway they wish regarding Evans and future attendance if he signs. Out of interest.......

If we make the playoffs would you return at Wembley if he plays? I would imagine it would be difficult to stay away from that.

Everyone is entitled to feel anyway they wish regarding Evans and future attendance if he signs. Out of interest.......

If we make the playoffs would you return at Wembley if he plays? I would imagine it would be difficult to stay away from that.

I personally would not go...

Edited by oafc0000

You don't even go to Boundary Park do you?

At last check he hadn't signed...

Yup... Neither do you by the sounds of a couple of your posts today...

I have a young family. Its not even an option at the moment. Although my daughter is now four and starting to get to the age where I could consider it again.

Edited by oafc0000

I can put up with getting called a lesbian feminazi mong (thanks Twitter), but being accused of not being a proper supporter because I feel that voting with my feet is the only option left is painful.

I was reading @chiller replies yesterday, and although we've locked horns over foodbanks and other stuff - I was thoroughly disgusted at the level of abuse and dehumanisation from (seemingly) young OAFC fans she received for her comments on the subject - comments she is perfectly entitled to have.