The Boycott of Home Matches

The boycott of home games  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting home games for the duration of Ched Evans time if he is signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on his perfomance and team efforts/league position

And the unfortunate thing is, that if any parent taking his or her children to a Oldham Athletic match in the foreseeable future, they better get used to the bile and hatred being chanted towards them and their team about a certain rapist.

And would you sit there actually thinking these vile chants had anything to do with you? cos it certainly don't reflect on me.

Some on this board make it like they're gonna curl up in ball sobbing at what those nasty people over there are singing.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I struggled to tell a nine year old about Lee Hughes, but I got there. Evans is a different league. Good luck to anybody in that position.

My now 17 year old is appalled by the thought of this man signing but loves his football club. He's upset that his Dad might not be going to football with him.

I've got done serious thinking to do.

I'm extremely fortunate that my kids went once and winged all the way through so have no intention of returning.

The fact we're even thinking about this shows what a disastrous mess Corney, Barry Owen & Co have made of it. How could they not have seen this coming? They've divided the fans & quite possibly the players during the most promising season in years. Even worse if it's true that LJ was against it.

A lot of other teams fans used to think well of Oldham from the Royle-Premiership-Wembley days. Now we're the team that signs convicted criminals. Yet we sacked Montano for 'gross misconduct' & as yet he's not been convicted of anything - his lawyers must be looking at this too.

I respect the opinions of those who are still going - we shouldn't even have to make the decision - but I won't be while we're employing a totally unrepentant rapist.

I voted yes to the boycott but then I rarely go to home games anyway with living down south. so no great impact on the club in the short term.

What would be a good poll to gauge opinion (if it could be answered by season ticket holders only) would be whether they'd renew or not if we signed him.

He's not the club.

Why would any true supporter want to damage their own club?

Don't agree with the signing. Not for one second. I will make my feelings clear, but i won't damage the club because of a rapist or anyone else.

The clubs damaged itself, and anyone boycotting will not have made their decision lightly some of the fans have been going years and years but can't accept this situation.

The clubs damaged itself, and anyone boycotting will not have made their decision lightly some of the fans have been going years and years but can't accept this situation.

I'm one - gone through thick and thin since early 90's when my dad first took me (a :censored: 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd) I've not made the decision lightly at all I love watching Latics, my dad lost interest years ago but I plugged away got my season ticket and my pie and my programme - this whole episode has made me feel sick and I will not attend a single game if Ched Evans pulls on an Oldham shirt and people can say I'm jumping on a bandwagon or throwing my toys out of some imaginary pram - no I'm standing up for what I believe in and will not clap cheer or support any man convicted of rape

The thought of standing on the terraces alongside some of the absolute :censored: who have surfaced since Sunday makes me feel ill so for that reason, but not only that reason, I'm out.

This has been the worst, most unexpected byproduct of it all.

I got used to being surrounded by moaners a long time ago but all these fiends aswell?

No matter who comes and goes the main thing is the club remains. As fans we need to stick with that and make sure this doesn't kill the club.

:censored: Barry, :censored: Evans. 3 years time they'll be forgotten, we'll still be :censored:e but at least we won't be Rochdale.

I won't be boycotting anything. I will gladly take me daughter when she's old enough. She will know that even footballers, so called "role models" are not above the law and will be punished for their wrong doings.

She will most certainly, though, be brought up with more respect for herself than to slag herself around attempting to become a WAG.

Wow.

The thought of standing on the terraces alongside some of the absolute :censored: who have surfaced since Sunday makes me feel ill so for that reason, but not only that reason, I'm out.

The saddest thing I've read on here. People with extreme different views so your off? At dale I had 3 middle aged fans spouting all sorts of racist bile about our own players. Awful stuff. I still went and followed my team the next game.

People I knew before hand have said some awful things, and actually seem content and happy with the fact that we're signing a rapist... I just don't get it. Fine, if you're happy to carry on attending games and supporting the team with him in it i respect that, but celebrating the fact we are signing him? Na, mingin that.

I'll carry on going, I won't celebrate his personal success if he signs. I don't mind him playing football, I just really didn't want it to be us and what most of us sane fans have had to sit through and listen to (or not listen to in our Club Officials case) isn't needed at all.

Edited by kieranmcandrew

The saddest thing I've read on here. People with extreme different views so your off? At dale I had 3 middle aged fans spouting all sorts of racist bile about our own players. Awful stuff. I still went and followed my team the next game.

Not just that Cliffo, just bored of the whole thing to be honest, Corney's bull:censored:, Sports Direct, Barry Owen, continued asset stripping, ticket prices etc.

I was getting the bug back this season but this nonsense has soured me, not saying I'll never go again but can't see me being there unless there are big changes.

Not just that Cliffo, just bored of the whole thing to be honest, Corney's bull:censored:, Sports Direct, Barry Owen, continued asset stripping, ticket prices etc.

I was getting the bug back this season but this nonsense has soured me, not saying I'll never go again but can't see me being there unless there are big changes.

You have become me :P

If he does sign. If any of the 94 who've voted yes are season ticket holders.

I'll gladly take it off your hands for a named price.

Quite a few of them are Luke, some who've been going for as long as you and me put together, some a lot younger. I'm not after a tawdry few quid to make me feel better thanks all the same.

This has been the worst, most unexpected byproduct of it all.

I got used to being surrounded by moaners a long time ago but all these fiends aswell?

He will get hero worshipped from the off by these cretins as well. I remember that game at Burnley when they were singing Lee Hughes name. The ink hadn't even dried on his contract, let alone him do anything good for us, yet he was getting his name sung like he was Andy Ritchie or something.

The same thing will happen with Evans. I feel sick just thinking about it.