Corney To Sell?

My take on it is the Chron took what he said and twisted it into a sensationalist headline to shift copies, whereas the official statement is more in line with the jist of it

Those words are exactly what Corney said. See post above. Every news headline does sensationalise though, doesn't it.

That said, I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Edited by singe

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 15, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, January 15, 2015 - No reason given

I support him.

And he doesn't....

But for some reason you seem to want to make a point of him not supporting him ?

You make an issue out of the person rather than the point or action being made. You do it a lot, you and the merry band of bullies :)

Its the tool of the weak minded.

Blind loyalty is no better than having no time for someone. They are both equally extreme reactions... but totally valid reactions...

Edited by oafc0000

Wow! I'm a bully? Along with others...

You are the one targeting people, downboating posts for no reason , insulting people as above calling them weak minded just because a good amount of posters dont agree with you and have pointed out that you don't attend games but have nothing but negative things to say.

Its about debate and opinion which is all I try to do. If you feel bullied.I suggest you don't sign into the message board. Just pretend there has been a game that day if it helps.

Edited by palmer1

Which posters have I "targeted" ?

I called you weak minded due to you focusing on people rather than opinions. To then use that to say I am doing it right back is frankly laughable. Its like hitting someone and then complaining when they hit you back in self defence :)

It is all about debate and opinion. So stick to that hey ?

If you feel bullied.I suggest you don't sign into the message board.

I couldn't really give a rats arse when push comes to stuff. Its only a messagboard But every now and then its good to just highlight how someones total lack of ability to actual debate the actual issues. Instead they resort to.... You never liked him anyway, how many games do you come to, your not a real fan if you are not 100% loyal lol.... and other mind numbingly boring misdirections :)
Its probably unfair to highlight you, as other posters are far more skilled at it. Sorry your not even a very good bully :P
Thanks for you time :)
Edited by oafc0000
Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 15, 2015 - No reason given

I always post about what the poster has said not the actual poster...

opinions and debate? you are the one taking this thread away from the actual subject for your own agenda. I will debate the football all day with anyone on here and I would be very, very suprised if you could find a poster to back up what you say about me on here. They may not like what i have to say but im not a bully!

you obviously do care or you wouldnt have taken the time to make 2 posts hours apart to make your point, you can block my posts or leave the messageboard if you dont like my opinions.

Its a piss take because they are always so on the ball with everything....

No :censored: Sherlock!!! See you downboated me again

I've mostly been supportive of Corney during his tenure most because, while he could've handled some things better, there's plenty of examples at other clubs that we could've done a lot worse than him.

But I disagree with his stance on Evans to the extent where I think that now (or after the stand is built) is the best time for Corney to part ways with us and let a new owner take on the challenge.

I've mostly been supportive of Corney during his tenure most because, while he could've handled some things better, there's plenty of examples at other clubs that we could've done a lot worse than him.

But I disagree with his stance on Evans to the extent where I think that now (or after the stand is built) is the best time for Corney to part ways with us and let a new owner take on the challenge.

In the main I think Corney has done a decent job also. Stabilized the club when it was needed. He's made mistakes, which he'll openly admit. Some have cost him and his mates quite a lot of money. There biggest I'd wager they would say is buying OAFC in the first place!!.

I feel he himself knows without the other's putting big chunks of cash in, he cannot take the club forward, Indeed it's taking all his efforts to get this stand up on it's own. Maybe he also feels it's time to hand over the reins. The time he now spends away from the club is telling us that.

So you asked a question you knew the answer to... You deserve this down boat :)[/quote

Im suprised you didnt use your superior intelligence to spot I was being sarcastic

In the main I think Corney has done a decent job also. Stabilized the club when it was needed. He's made mistakes, which he'll openly admit. Some have cost him and his mates quite a lot of money. There biggest I'd wager they would say is buying OAFC in the first place!!.

I feel he himself knows without the other's putting big chunks of cash in, he cannot take the club forward, Indeed it's taking all his efforts to get this stand up on it's own. Maybe he also feels it's time to hand over the reins. The time he now spends away from the club is telling us that.

Unfortunately, the 2008 financial crash hit his plans hard, that's got to be borne in mind in any criticisms.

I've hidden the tit-for-tat stuff. It's boring for everyone else to have to read through.

For the record though, I have no problem with palmer1 and certainly don't feel bullied. We have a difference of opinion on Corney but he's decent enough about it.

I think he's a dick. That's no secret.

I think he threw a wobbler and knows from past experience that threatening to walk away tends to get a lot of people back onside, after a :censored: up like last week.

This all week long....

I'm very grateful for what he's done for my club financially but, otherwise, i'm with you two.

Unsubstantiated rumour that talks have been held with an interested party this week.

The name I've been given is minted and has been involved in the ownership of a relatively successful football club previously and has other sporting interests.

I won't stick my neck out with a name yet though. It could well be a load of bollocks.

Unsubstantiated rumour that talks have been held with an interested party this week.

The name I've been given is minted and has been involved in the ownership of a relatively successful football club previously and has other sporting interests.

I won't stick my neck out with a name yet though. It could well be a load of bollocks.

Now I'm going to be trying to guess who this is, if I see you at fleetwood today I might ask you if I have a name in my head.