New Manager thread.

Although this appointment seems very strange, it just worth pointing out that it's highly unlikely that he'll have been scouting 8 or 9 year olds. He will have had some responsibility for the academy as a whole but his academy work seems to have been around the development / youth level rather than the foundation phase. In other words, the older age groups and more like what Pete Wild does for us. It had been mooted that Scott Sellars & Tony Carrs had been in the running, both of which (I think) are currently working at u21 level which isn't in line with our club structure so in some ways appointing at this phase makes relatively more sense than those two in certain regards.

Its a valid point but to me and it appears many others the appointment makes little sense on any level. Looks on paper like the chancer has hit the jackpot, if only from a commercial aspect its a very poor appointment.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this appointment seems very strange, it just worth pointing out that it's highly unlikely that he'll have been scouting 8 or 9 year olds. He will have had some responsibility for the academy as a whole but his academy work seems to have been around the development / youth level rather than the foundation phase. In other words, the older age groups and more like what Pete Wild does for us. It had been mooted that Scott Sellars & Tony Carrs had been in the running, both of which (I think) are currently working at u21 level which isn't in line with our club structure so in some ways appointing at this phase makes relatively more sense than those two in certain regards.

I've glazed over. Maybe Corney did too.....

Absolutely gutted and shocked with this appointment. How on earth can he get the job ? Powerpoint presentation and an ability to bull:censored: at an interview seem the only criteria to getting a managers job at OAFC. We had a chance to show some ambition and appoint a manager who would have given us a chance of upward mobility. Dowie or Rosler would of increased the sale of season tickets following on from the open days last week and created a buzz around the club.

37 years a season ticket holder and I am done. No more whilst present ownership strangles our club to a slow painful death. There is no enjoyment going anymore and no hope for progression on the pitch. Like a small time Newcastle, we are happy to survive in the lower reaches of League 1. This appointment will increase the pace of decline and with Holden alongside him, the future is deeply worrying. This decision is financial suicide by the club who have a total disregard for its fan base. In the last 4 months, we have had the Ched Evans saga and now this. Seem to like to create problems out of nothing.

New manager bingo

100 day plan

First 90 days.

From good to great.

Dossier.

Attended games anonymously (how hard would that be)

Due Dilligence

Checked out references

Bull:censored: baffles brains

Barry Owen's cardigan

With an underwhelming CV. He must be phenomenal at interview.

5 months at Sunderland starting in Jan, after less than 3 years in youth development at the footballing giant of York.

The new board members with PR experience are definitely going to earn their corn selling this to the dwindling masses.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. This was the perfect time for that approach. Unfortunately Corney is yet again scraping the barrel for who will take the lowest wages with the snazziest slide animations.

If you want to know about DArren KElly's style, follow this guy on twitter.

https://twitter.com/coachesfriend1

Or just look at his own twitter account. Bit worrying to be honest. At the very least someone needs to tell him to tidy up his photos... not exactly child friendly and very unprofessional. He has a strange collection that he follows too (btw, that's "too" not "to" Darren). Take it he isn't married?

Or just look at his own twitter account. Bit worrying to be honest. At the very least someone needs to tell him to tidy up his photos... not exactly child friendly and very unprofessional. He has a strange collection that he follows too (btw, that's "too" not "to" Darren). Take it he isn't married?

Who he follows will please some Oldham fans but will be another reason to "hate" him to others, very Irish Republican.

For the record the Republican/Unionist divide in Ireland is something I see myself sitting on the fence on.

Doesn't football mirror life?

You can spend decent money on something that is quality, lasts a long time and brings you happiness and enjoyment.

Or, go for the cheap, low quality option that doesn't last long, never makes you particularly happy & needs replacing regularly ultimately meaning you spend much more money in the long run....

Doesn't football mirror life?

You can spend decent money on something that is quality, lasts a long time and brings you happiness and enjoyment.

Or, go for the cheap, low quality option that doesn't last long, never makes you particularly happy & needs replacing regularly ultimately meaning you spend much more money in the long run....

Buy cheap, buy twice as the saying goes.

Who he follows will please some Oldham fans but will be another reason to "hate" him to others, very Irish Republican.

For the record the Republican/Unionist divide in Ireland is something I see myself sitting on the fence on.

Seems his uncle was killed in Bloody Sunday