New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was told it was not Barton, but an ex International doing a good job (still playing) in the Premier league. My contact wont give me a name, but its someone no one thought of and will amaze supporters. He would be a player manager if appointed and a massive coup for SC.

Will he bring a player/coach with him too?

I don't think the next manager is even in the betting.

Would be Ok with that - not blown away by any of them on the list (Scholes would be good for profile but has ruled himself out already).

Do you have any idea of when any appointment is likely to be made?

Would be Ok with that - not blown away by any of them on the list (Scholes would be good for profile but has ruled himself out already).

Do you have any idea of when any appointment is likely to be made?

SC says in ho hurry and it could be be man I heard of might want to see the season out in the top flight.

It wasn't mentioned Chaddy, I imagine due to still playing he would want an older head on the sidelines,not only for assistance,but to negotiate transfers.

Come on, give us another clue. How many syllables in his surname? What does his first name sound like?

I reckon it could be Nolan. He's often mistaken as a striker because he's played in an advanced attacking role. He's from the north-west.

But, you wouldn't make that mistake BP.....come on the suspense is killing me.

SC says in ho hurry and it could be be man I heard of might want to see the season out in the top flight.

Well I think that given the league position now there is no chance of promotion and very little chance of relegation so he has some reason to not hurry.

Downside is that a poor end to the season can do further damage to crowds, chances of better players wanting to stay, less time for the new manager to get to know the team etc.

Also - given I presume the individual has applied for the job, then presumably they are willing to move now.

Banned from driving for parking next to a zebra crossing whilst going into the bookies.

Pretty low level stuff. Not sure he'll meet Barry's criteria.

Adam Johnson would, though. Oh, hang on, he's not a striker nearing the end of his career. Apart from that, he fits the bill. Get his phone number, Barry. If you haven't already.

Heard a rumour a big name player currently in the Premiership and not been mentioned before could get the job. No name yet but he would draw the crowds.

No,he's playing regularly at the moment I was told but looking to his future in management.

Was told it was not Barton, but an ex International doing a good job still playing in the Premier league. My contact wont give me a name, but its someone no one thought of and will amaze supporters. He would be a player manager if appointed and a massive coup for SC.

I have been putting the names suggested by you all to my contact, but its none of them, he says its a striker. I will keep on to him until he cracks.

I think amazed refers to actually dropping down to play at this level not just manage, thus bringing in extra on the gate.

So:

A big name player

Who would draw the crowds/amaze

Still playing regularly in the prem

Ex international

A striker

Possibly at the end of season.

I still have no idea!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

So:

A big name player

Who would draw the crowds/amaze

Still playing regularly in the prem

Ex international

A striker

Possibly at the end of season.

I still have no idea!

The only one I can think of is Bobby Zamora, aged 34, and possibly getting relegated with QPR.