New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure it's going to be Dowie?

2 years ago he quickly came out and said he turned it down when he was asked and we then went and signed Johnson.

This time he won't (or can't) comment....

....read into that as you wish

Interesting too that Chron hasn't posted anything major on the manager hunt regarding Yates etc. I get the feeling they know it's Dowie but been asked to keep quiet in return for an exclusive.

IF it is him then I'm happy with appointment but curious on what our budget will be next season. He wanted an ambitious budget...it's likely the new stand allows this or perhaps Blitz has reignited his interest and bankrolling on the field because of all the positivity off it and all the stars aligning (Dowie, solid team contracted, new stand, off field income activities, upturn in ST interest) to make next season a great opportunity...

Edited by Midsblue

2 years ago he quickly came out and said he turned it down when he was asked and we then went and signed Johnson.

This time he won't (or can't) comment....

....read into that as you wish

Interesting too that Chron hasn't posted anything major on the manager hunt regarding Yates etc. I get the feeling they know it's Dowie but been asked to keep quiet in return for an exclusive.

IF it is him then I'm happy with appointment but curious on what our budget will be next season. He wanted an ambitious budget...it's likely the new stand allows this or perhaps Blitz has reignited his interest and bankrolling on the field because of all the positivity off it and all the stars aligning (Dowie, solid team contracted, new stand, off field income activities, upturn in ST interest) to make next season a great opportunity...

I agree, there's been virtually no other names banded about whatsoever aside from those in the Chron and that includes supposed 'sources' on here who are quick with 'info'

Think we will all know come 12noon sunday anway

Edited by shefflatic

Maybe Corney had the trots, hence why he was on the phone in the loo.....

No surprise there, he was on those free pies and hot dogs all day.

'No decision on Dowie until next week now'...

Read into that as you will...

To be fair, it would have been pretty awkward for poor Deano on Sunday as ppl on here mentioned... Especially if Dowie had sparked a pitch invasion at full-time ;-)

Is that no decision or no announcement?

As far as I know, the main speculation around Dowie in recent weeks has come from this thread with any reference in the Chron being minimal. If I was running the club, I'd keep be keeping quiet with no denials whilst season tickets were selling well before appointing someone else later on.

As far as I know, the main speculation around Dowie in recent weeks has come from this thread with any reference in the Chron being minimal. If I was running the club, I'd keep be keeping quiet with no denials whilst season tickets were selling well before appointing someone else later on.

That's something a cynical, horrible club would do.

I hope we aren't in that ballpark.

Been today....Corney wasnt there, Blitz was wandering around whilsting looking very happy with life, spoke at length with Neil Joy wouldn't divulge any Managerial information, at one stage to my horror Mr Owen was loitering behind as if to engage in conversation (it was neither the time or the place to share my thoughts with him!)

Mark Moisley, a new conference manager and a new catering manager (been at Leeds Utd for the last 7 years) were also there

If an announcement of a new manager (not Holden) is to be made pre-game on Sunday both Holden himself and fans alike must be informed beforehand.

ie. something along the lines of ......

We will be introducing our new manager to the fans before Sunday's game. Dean Holden has been informed and has agreed to manage the team for the final game of the season.

I can't see any other way it could be done as they will have to show respect to Dean and also maximise revenue for the final game.

Edited by oafc1955

Leeds historically have always been very good with corporate hospitality.......it shows how much the club are investing in this by appointing Catering & Conference Managers

That sort of experience will be invaluable. Looks to be an excellent appointment.

Leeds historically have always been very good with corporate hospitality.......it shows how much the club are investing in this by appointing Catering & Conference Managers

Yes. Joking aside I've been to a few do's there and they were all very good once you'd had two or three pints and forgot where you were.