New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate reckons he asked the question to a director and was told -

"will have to wait and see but it definitely WONT be Holden" !!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I'd like that to be true, I can't imagine a director being that disrespectful to a current employee of the club while he's still in charge of the team.

As much as I'd like that to be true, I can't imagine a director being that disrespectful to a current employee of the club while he's still in charge of the team.

It wasn't blurted out in public ,

It was a whisper in the ear of somebody enquiring about Exec boxes.

It wasn't blurted out in public ,

It was a whisper in the ear of somebody enquiring about Exec boxes.

Yes but I wouldn't have thought even our directors would be daft enough to tell a fan that Holden definitely isn't getting the job, before any announcement.

Unless of course Holden has already been told and is fine with it, which would tie in with the theory that the new man will be paraded in front of the fans on Sunday...

I hope you're right.

Really, you can't think of a director of ours who only opens his mouth to change feet?

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

I'm going to limit updates now to prevent misunderstanding/miscommunication via me.

To be honest,you may as well carry on with the updates. Plenty of sources on here have proven to be misleading in the past. I've noted a couple of inconsistencies with them but if that's what you're being told, post it. It's better than anyone in my office is coming up with.

Yes but I wouldn't have thought even our directors would be daft enough to tell a fan that Holden definitely isn't getting the job, before any announcement.

Why not?

If it turns out to have been fact and makes a punter potentially willing to part with £14k for a box feel "special" he should absolutely do it.

Why not?

If it turns out to have been fact and makes a punter potentially willing to part with £14k for a box feel "special" he should absolutely do it.

Not buying that at all.

I don't for a second want Holden in charge, but I can't see them saying that.

What I don't understand is in the article about the new stand in the Oldham Chron, Holden says there will be a meeting after the game on Sunday where everyone can air their views on how the club can move forward on the playing front.

Does this suggest there will be no Dowie announcement before the game?

OK I'm bored now. Announce Dowie already so we can get on with planning for next season. Holden probably knows already that he hasn't got the gig and just keeping the seat warm for last game of season.

You sure it's going to be Dowie?

I've been told things about signings by one of TTA in the past when they had no need to. Owners, directors, they'll gossip and leak info (or disinfo) just like anyone else.

Some on here have always seemed to think the Official Secrets Act applies to the minutiae of the day to day running of a 3rd Division football club.