New Manager thread.

Moisley has been here as commercial manager for months hasn't he? I know he was handing out questionnaires in the Chaddy end a few games ago & seemed keen to get opinion.

I remember telling him that 'the sooner we got out of this :censored: hole, the better'. I was talking about League One but have just realised what I've done.

No, he meant there were 3 people there. MArk Moisey and a new conf mgr and the new catering manager

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

failed managers aren't always the solution to Football Club's problems even ask the likes of Barnsley, Portsmouth, Plymouth just to name a few i think Dean Holden has overachieved with a team which isn't even his own his done well earning 13 Points against Champions & 2 Play Offs contenders, top 10 clubs aswell why so egar to get rid of the guy when he puts his foot-print in Latics you'll be Top 10 Club without a doubt this thread makes you look like Barnsley Fans

Thanks for those enlightening words, it all becomes clear now.

failed managers aren't always the solution to Football Club's problems even ask the likes of Barnsley, Portsmouth, Plymouth just to name a few i think Dean Holden has overachieved with a team which isn't even his own his done well earning 13 Points against Champions & 2 Play Offs contenders, top 10 clubs aswell why so egar to get rid of the guy when he puts his foot-print in Latics you'll be Top 10 Club without a doubt this thread makes you look like Barnsley Fans

The worrying thing is you'll be back where you belong in the bottom 4 next season which guarantees you 6 points off us.

The worrying thing is you'll be back where you belong in the bottom 4 next season which guarantees you 6 points off us.

Considering the calibure of teams (Bigger budgets than both our clubs) coming into the league, i think Rochdale will finish a comtable 16th in this league depending on the Summer Transfer window & If Blackburn Rovers aren't taken our Manager possibly higher

Even if as seems likely all this source stuff is a load of bull...I'm still quite enjoying it!

Redfearn over dowie though... Thought of very highly by many Leeds fans

As good a reason as any to avoid like the plague then...

Edited by deyres42

Having watch leeds at sheff weds last week, Redfearn plays the same as we do now, narrow and no wingers. Think he is similar to TP good with the kids and youth but not much else, just a hunch

Dowie on the other hand just exudes enthusiasm, knowledge and drive

These videos show you what we know we would be getting - a proper coach - i'd get my boots on myself to play for this guy, very inspiring listening to him.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/pro-tips/iain-dowie-building-a-good-vocal-unit

only this link works for some reason, other video links on different coaching areas are at bottom of page

Fingers crossed!

Edited by shefflatic

Reading Ice station on our board or fact?

From the MEN

Oldham Athletics search for a permanent manager goes on, with ex-boss Iain Dowie again looking to be in the frame.

It was believed that caretaker boss Dean Holden, former Cheltenham boss Mark Yates and overseas coach Paul Ashworth were the three remaining candidates for the job.

Those plans appear to have changed, though, and Dowie is again being strongly linked with the position.

Reading Ice station on our board or fact?

From the MEN

Oldham Athletics search for a permanent manager goes on, with ex-boss Iain Dowie again looking to be in the frame.

It was believed that caretaker boss Dean Holden, former Cheltenham boss Mark Yates and overseas coach Paul Ashworth were the three remaining candidates for the job.

Those plans appear to have changed, though, and Dowie is again being strongly linked with the position.

The lack of details suggests this is taken from here, rather than based on anything substantial.

My piri piri has said I can reveal him once it's done.... I've got no problem with that.

But in fairness, he revealed about Blitz turning up... And an MEN story tonight confirms Dowie back in the running. No quotes, suggesting an off the record chat. And the Chron has mentioned this too. And Worcester has also mentioned Redfearn, we'll see about that I guess...

But as per story 'changing' four times... I corrected one or two miscommunications. But also in fairness to Tabasco, things change in football - do you not remember "Oldham have no interest in signing Ched Evans", or "Corney: I've had enough".

And don't forget it's the club's preogorative to say - or not say - what they want before, ultimately, a decision and announcement is made.

My own opinion is that if there was a chance of Redfearn, it would make sense to play it down.. And it would very much make sense to take time if he has become a possibility - as Corney has already said, "no rush".

I await the outcome with interest, just like you lot.

And for the record, I absolutely support the 100 Club HP campaign. They should do at HT raffle, with the winner earning a dinner date at Dowie's. Nice one.

Edited by IceStationLatic