New Manager thread.

From said message board "I overheard simon in there on his phone saying and i quote ' i see ya sunday dowie make sure you wear a suit for the big announcment." :laught30:[/size] :laught30:[/size] :laught30:[/size] [/size] [/size]

A 5 year old could write a more realistic conversation!

"I see ya Sunday Dowie"....:lol:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we to gather blitz is back bankrolling us and when will it be sorted.

I think that's jumping ahead a little.

The club's debt has increased sharply, from £5.9m to £8.2m at 30th June 2014. The reasonable assumption is that Blitz has "invested" the money needed to build the new stand. I'd also assume it's increase from £8.2m to a higher number in the last ten months.

I think it's highly likely that he's expecting a return on this investment. So as the retail units in the new stand hand over their rents to Latics I'd expect a proportion of this new income to be used to repay a chunk of that new debt each year and eventually a chunk of the old debt too. It might even be that 100% of rental income minus maintenance costs goes on debt reduction (my guess).

But sell 11 boxes out at £14k a piece, get 100 people to part with £675 for a posh seat, get a few more vanilla season tickets sold and have 400 beer drinkers supping away pre-match and post-match and you can easily add £250k or more to the annual wage bill. If Blitz is less demanding with his debt repayment requirements than I've suggested above there could be an even bigger boost that allows us to employ a "name" as manager and get a bloody striker to score 20+ a season.

Edited by opinions4u

How many extra season tickets can the club expect to sell if Dowie is appointed under the back drop of the new stand?

The average the season he was manager was over 6000. How many will be captivated enough to return with this new-found ambition? Could we expect over 3000 ST holders for a start?

Hearing Corney hasn't travelled due to illness, but Blitz met Dowie tonight and talks were 'positive'

Corney was on the :censored:ter talking to Dowie on the phone, according to someone on the other message board. Interesting ;)

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Wow, downboated for saying Corney was there.

Sorry if the guys source was a bull:censored:ter, not really my problem.

Downboated by PostmanNat. Remarkably similar name to another poster with the same modus operandi. Smell a rat re the Dowie rumours now, some multi faceted posters maybe.

Edited by singe

And too many updates......you'd have to be sat in the actual meeting to know these sort of details.

The only thing I will credit him being right about is the appearance of Blitz I think the rest could be pure fantasy!!