New Manager thread.

Hearing it was dinner at Dowie's last night with the club staff. It's all moving forward, with just Corney to arrive and confirm ahead of a potential appointment before Sat.

On the night of the youth final? Looked like pretty much all the club & coaching staff were at the game.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the night of the youth final? Looked like pretty much all the club & coaching staff were at the game.

I would imagine first team managerial talks would be more important business than the youth team final for the directors.

Could be wrong though and if anyone saw a director at the game, feel free to correct me.

I would imagine first team managerial talks would be more important business than the youth team final for the directors.

Could be wrong though and if anyone saw a director at the game, feel free to correct me.

Directors were at the game as well, as you'd expect for a national final. Edited by Twisbrogan

Directors were at the game as well, as you'd expect for a national final.

Like I said, I would have thought talks regarding appointing a first team manager would take priority over a youth team game, final or not, if that was the only available date both parties could do.

Obviously if you saw directors at the game, the source must be wrong or indeed I am wrong.

Difference is that Johnson had security of a contract, long-term future at the club, squad being strengthened at his bequest and everything rosy. Dowie wasn't guaranteed he would keep his job, players being sold off left right and centre ripping the heart out of his team - I'd be ****ed off and would want out.

I've spoke to Dowie a few times and he loves the club and rates his time he as probably the best and most enjoyable and rewarding as a manager. Wanted to finish the project but taken out of his hands.

It's clear too that him and the club keep in regular contact and he is good friends with Corney. Unsure how he'd get on with Owen but he'll walk into the job with his eyes open. This is why I question the terms, budget etc because he claimed it was poles apart before Johnson was signed and he turned down the offer last time.

I've been too busy with work to get any info but sounds like there's enough sources on this thread anyway.....

He wasn't being paid and had the rug well and truley pulled from under him. He isn't a fan it is a job...

Prostituted or applied for work that was stable and paid?

Anybody other than Oldham fans demanding loyalty and blood with say the 2nd.

LJ on the other hand was in paid employment and given everything he asked for. He prostituted himself

Didnt they both just decide, for different reasons, to get a better job?

Like I said, I would have thought talks regarding appointing a first team manager would take priority over a youth team game, final or not, if that was the only available date both parties could do.

Obviously if you saw directors at the game, the source must be wrong or indeed I am wrong.

Neil and Ian were there from the start, Owen came a bit later saying something about having to pick his apron up from the dry cleaners

Didnt they both just decide, for different reasons, to get a better job?

They did, it was the term prostituting i disagreed with.

Dowir wasnt being paid half the time so technically he could have walked away at any time, he didnt have to bring any player in like Ernie etc. He had a right to look for work where he was paid on time and his chairman wasnt ripping the club apart.

Dowie went above and beyond before leaving. Dowie was shafted by the club. Johnson however shafted the club, the players and the supporters.

An announcement on Sunday would be disrespectful to our current manager Dean Holden who has done well but not quite well enough. It should still be his and the players day along with a mighty cheer for our cup winners.

I'm still thinking it will be after the season ticket cut price sales end on 21st May (and probably the premiership season ends 24th) but it could be next week in an attempt to boost sales.

I am seeing a little bit of rewriting history.

Dowie left with fans upset because it was only a very short time after "Go hard, go Home speech" and other motivational bollocks and was at that time applying elsewhere. As Old Hallam said then got into dispue about a company car. that said, it seems to have resolved itself as SC and him keep in regualar contact. He then repeated the same two facedness by saying he wanted to move North when at Palace only to end at up at Charlton and thereby ensuring Charlton did not have to pay compensation.

Now, I am a fan, but I hope he learned from that.

Johnson, though was being two faced over Evans,s still spouting the motivational bollocks, and then touting himself for other jobs when he was in paid employment. Adn went to watch his new team whilst his now job was not confirmed.

Some siilarities between the pair of them though, isn't there....

But, id'd take Dowie for what you get. Whether he is the same without Harbin remains to be seen.

Dowie went above and beyond before leaving. Dowie was shafted by the club. Johnson however shafted the club, the players and the supporters.

An announcement on Sunday would be disrespectful to our current manager Dean Holden who has done well but not quite well enough. It should still be his and the players day along with a mighty cheer for our cup winners.

I'm still thinking it will be after the season ticket cut price sales end on 21st May (and probably the premiership season ends 24th) but it could be next week in an attempt to boost sales.

Spot on

Dowie felt he was owed money from the fire sale of players due to the terms of his contract (players he and Bob brought in),

and he deserved a % of a sell-on. Some of the players he and his brother scouted and brought to the club were great servants - Fitz Hall and Wayne Andrews being too. Ernie Cooksey was limited in ability but made up for it in determination ... hence why he is fondly remembered by both Oldham and Rochdale.

If only he could discover another Fitz Hall

I am seeing a little bit of rewriting history.

Dowie left with fans upset because it was only a very short time after "Go hard, go Home speech" and other motivational bollocks and was at that time applying elsewhere. As Old Hallam said then got into dispue about a company car. that said, it seems to have resolved itself as SC and him keep in regualar contact. He then repeated the same two facedness by saying he wanted to move North when at Palace only to end at up at Charlton and thereby ensuring Charlton did not have to pay compensation.

Now, I am a fan, but I hope he learned from that.

Johnson, though was being two faced over Evans,s still spouting the motivational bollocks, and then touting himself for other jobs when he was in paid employment. Adn went to watch his new team whilst his now job was not confirmed.

Some siilarities between the pair of them though, isn't there....

But, id'd take Dowie for what you get. Whether he is the same without Harbin remains to be seen.

Didn't he also pay for a pre season tour that summer out of his own pocket?

Whoever we sign as manager we need a catalyst.

With one game remaining we're currently on same points as we finished last season. Goal difference is better but we're 16th rather than 15th. 3 points on Saturday and we can go as high as 12th.

The above just goes to show how we imploded after Johnson's head was turned and we was on the cusp of a Play-Off place.