New Manager thread.

Can't help thinking a piss-taking Mike Keegan's behind that.

Or, "Mike, we're announcing Dean Holden as permanent manager and it's going to go down like a sack of :censored:. Can you run a story linking him with a slightly bigger job, maybe Peterborough? Oh, and stick one of your mates names on it not yours, that would be too obvious"

:grin:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, "Mike, we're announcing Dean Holden as permanent manager and it's going to go down like a sack of :censored:. Can you run a story linking him with a slightly bigger job, maybe Peterborough? Oh, and stick one of your mates names on it not yours, that would be too obvious"

:grin:

Fully expecting the Daily Mail to run a 'Graeme Sharp in Oldham return?' story before the weekend.

I find it incredible that season tickets are now available and we don't even know who the manager's going to be next season.

Surely an announcement before they went on sale would have the maximum impact on sales ............. That is unless it is Dean Holden!

From speaking to a couple of Peterborough fans, they seem to think it's nailed on that Steve Evans will be their manager next season.

They laughed at the suggestion Holden might be in the running.

This sounds like the sort of story that might have been fed to the press by Dean's agent to pressure Latics in to a quick decision.

Them getting Steve Evans seems as improbable to me.

Them getting Steve Evans seems as improbable to me.

On the face of it yes, but he's from Peterborough, still has a house and family there and has apparently said it's his ambition to manage them one day.

Not sure why he'd leave Rotherham though if he keeps them up.

Back on the Dowie rumour, in the past Matt Chambers has always been pretty quick to dispell false rumours, however, this time there have been no such comments.

Either he knows nothing or the rumours are fact.

Here's hoping!!

On the face of it yes, but he's from Peterborough, still has a house and family there and has apparently said it's his ambition to manage them one day.

Not sure why he'd leave Rotherham though if he keeps them up.

If he's from Peterborough where did he get that accent from?

Wonder if Barnsley might come knocking for Holden....?

Hearing it was dinner with Dowie Tues night, and some club staff. It's all moving forward, with just Corney to arrive and confirm ahead of a potential appointment before Sat.

Food predictions anyone...?

I reckon pie, chips and beans, with a bottle of Stella.

And then a desert of lemon posset topped with seven garnishes - citrus tutti-frutti, charred grapefruit and orange, a lime tuile, limoncello pistachio crumb, edible flowers, tarragon leaves and a lime air.

Edited by IceStationLatic

Hearing it was dinner at Dowie's last night with the directors. It's all moving forward, with just Corney to arrive and confirm ahead of a potential appointment before Sat.

And then a desert of lemon posset topped with seven garnishes - citrus tutti-frutti, charred grapefruit and orange, a lime tuile, limoncello pistachio crumb, edible flowers, tarragon leaves and a lime air.

Sounds like your source is a stalker.

Hearing it was dinner at Dowie's last night with the club staff. It's all moving forward, with just Corney to arrive and confirm ahead of a potential appointment before Sat.

Where the :censored: do you go when you eat out? Must be a right rubbish nosherie if they don't do Angel Delight instead of that lot. :grin:

He wasn't being paid and had the rug well and truley pulled from under him. He isn't a fan it is a job...

Prostituted or applied for work that was stable and paid?

Anybody other than Oldham fans demanding loyalty and blood with say the 2nd.

LJ on the other hand was in paid employment and given everything he asked for. He prostituted himself

Edited by palmer1

It's just a personal thing, but the thought of Dowie being back here concerns me. I take issue with putting faith in someone who has let us down before, and the way he prostituted himself to other clubs in 03/04 did, and still does, leave a sour taste in my mouth...

You were quite understanding about the previous manager wandering over t'hills to lay down with the sheep.