Could suddenly be a different player........

Connor Brown has done, if Deano and Lockwood can get Mellor to pay to his true potential give them the management jobs on a permanent basis.

Edited by BP1960

I would have mellor over dieng any day

Really? Dieng's only in his first season of English football and Mellor's been fairly consistent in being bang average.

Dieng had a really promising spell in November against Sheff U and Rochdale I thought and hasn't had a run in the side since Elokobi returned. Mellor had a promising spell 3 or 4 years back and hasn't taken any of his chances since. He'll be gone as soon as the new stand is finished.

needs to believe in himself and have someone believe in him.

Get him properly fit and he can be a success ala Winchester.

Hoping it's because Dowie is coming in and wants all the players back to assess them.

It's set up for him to be appointed before the Barnsley game isn't it? Imagine the decent crowd and atmosphere if that were to happen?! (I can't make the game either way! Gutted!)

Seen what he can do...agree you have to improve as per winchester but:

1. He rarely gets a run of games

2. He is played in a number of postions

Sit the lad down and agree where both parties feel his BEST position is and train him there and when necessary PLAY him there.

I feel his confidence is key to his performance and playing all over the park isnt going to help this. Once we know his proper position and get him confident..hes more likely to be comfy in other roles if necessary.

Whats does the lad train as?

The free kick from Mellor was brilliant. He played well and was fit enough. Then it all went wrong and it has stayed wrong. He is now a last choice and if we don't keep him I don't suppose anyone will want him. Sad but true.

To be fair after Brentford i didnt think he played again, but the following game against Mansfield LJ threw him back in and he was one of are better players. He played well away at Sheff United and Coventry last season.

People may say he his lightweight but am sure if Dowie was in charge he soon have him all toughened up like with Wilko and the rest of the players. At times i have wondered are all league one sides to dirty or are players just to soft? especially at Orient the other week we seemed to bottle of alot of challenges and fair few headers.