Holden Appointed ..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying hard not to be pissed off with this total lack of ambition from the club..................what a bloody season, from the positivity after Dale away, fast forward a few months, fans have been consistantly kicked in the nads, Ched, poison dwarf, injuries Sculley and Mulder cant explain and now this steaming pile of guff!

On the bright side at least I will have plenty of elbow room in the Rocky tonight. :petesake:

So, have we seen improvements since the few games prior to Johnson going and Dean Holden took over?

Our injury list would make that impossible, yet we had a chance to beat Barnsley.

It is very unfair to judge Dean Holden as season over with 8 players out, Get them back and things could move in the right direction.

If we win our game in hand we are 4 points of the play off place.

I don't think we have the skill to do it, but we are far from out of it.

Of course, certain things have to change, winning against relegatin threatened team, and pick wins from team around us.

Giving Dean till the end of the season gives us time to do it properly, and that is a good things. I just cannot understand the rush.

What is the point of accepting second best at this stage of the season

TP will be a big help, and important point.

We will see, tough ask, but the correct decision.

I have confidence in Dean Holden, he has something about him.

A few back from injury though will help.

Edited by singe

The playoffs were well withing reach, not because we are brilliant, but because everyone else going for 6th is beatable and as :censored: as us.

Ridiculous comments from the directors again - basically read that as Dean Holden sees this season die out to nothing & we go for promotion next year. Absolute crap when we were in the mix this year with what is possibly our best chance in a long time to give us, the fans, a little bit of success. Losing patience with the morons who run this club.

That aside, all the best to Holden, had a rough ride with injuries so far, but hopefully he will do enough to keep us top half.

So, who would you have appointed?

I'm hoping the thought process of the club is:

- with the injuries play offs are over therefore someone internal is best placed to guide us to safety by blooding youth

- the ideal candidate isn't available until pre season

- the club are planning a big marketing and manager announcement in line with season ticket sales with the new stand

It was quoted somewhere that we were checking out the applications credentials and claims. "Due Dilligence" was then amusingly used!

But this would indicate we are going down the, off the radar unkown name.

Obviously a name we would know ttheir claims.

As someone else said, all most succesful managers of the modern era have ben a first appointment, an unknown or both.

That said Dowie and Royle were known (perhaps not famous) internationals beforehand, so that could be part of the template.

Think you've got the wrong name...

Oh do grow up.

Why would being pissed off and sick to death of our stagnation and lack of any ambition whatsoever mean I don't love the club?

I'm pissed off with Corney not the club.

I won't spend my money going to the game but I'll still be listening on Latics Player.

Not that I have to explain myself or prove anything to you.

So, have we seen improvements since the few games prior to Johnson going and Dean Holden took over?

Our injury list would make that impossible, yet we had a chance to beat Barnsley.

It is very unfair to judge Dean Holden as season over with 8 players out, Get them back and things could move in the right direction.

If we win our game in hand we are 4 points of the play off place.

I don't think we have the skill to do it, but we are far from out of it.

Of course, certain things have to change, winning against relegatin threatened team, and pick wins from team around us.

Giving Dean till the end of the season gives us time to do it properly, and that is a good things. I just cannot understand the rush.

What is the point of accepting second best at this stage of the season

TP will be a big help, and important point.

We will see, tough ask, but the correct decision.

I have confidence in Dean Holden, he has something about him.

A few back from injury though will help.

But Holden must surely realise no matter how thin his squad fans won't put up with a lack of goals at home, this weakness eventually hands over the initiative to the opposition and puts pressure on the defence.

If Holden sends out a team tonight with the same formation as Barnsley my heart will sink.

Positive attacking play please Mr Holden with 2 out and out strikers and a constant supply to them, ditch the fear and negativity.

But Holden must surely realise no matter how thin his squad fans won't put up with a lack of goals at home, this weakness eventually hands over the initiative to the opposition and puts pressure on the defence.

If Holden sends out a team tonight with the same formation as Barnsley my heart will sink.

Positive attacking play please Mr Holden with 2 out and out strikers and a constant supply to them, ditch the fear and negativity.

There's not a chance of it, he's reading from the Johnson handbook.

Thats it im not going tonight! .....Im working

what must the players think of their coach carrying on like he has most of the season leading them in training sessions with help by the well liked Tony P !? what message does this send to the real fans who throw toys out of the pram every time they dont do something they want no matter what!?

These fans who dont have to give an explanation but feel the need to tell everyone when they will not be going again like its any our our business!!!! every other week. The same fans who will be singing Dean Holdens name if he wins the next 3 calling for him to be made permanent.

I used to enjoy the melt downs once a season.... now its every time we lose a game. If you dont want to go - dont go!

Its Oldham Athletic not Dean Holden Athletic or Simon Corney Athletic. In 10 years time both Holden and Corney will be gone. The same fans will probably posting the same :censored: on here!

Edited by palmer1

Thats it im not going tonight! .....Im working

what must the players think of their coach carrying on like he has most of the season leading them in training sessions with help by the well liked Tony P !? what message does this send to the real fans who throw toys out of the pram every time they dont do something they want no matter what!?

These fans who dont have to give an explanation but feel the need to tell everyone when they will not be going again like its any our our business!!!! every other week. The same fans who will be singing Dean Holdens name if he wins the next 3 calling for him to be made permanent.

I used to enjoy the melt downs once a season.... now its every time we lose a game. If you dont want to go - dont go!

Its Oldham Athletic not Dean Holden Athletic or Simon Corney Athletic. In 10 years time both Holden and Corney will be gone. The same fans will probably posting the same :censored: on here!

Irony meter just exploded.

Now my initial anger has subsided I'm beginning to think this isn't as bad as I thought. Most of the players who are out injured are out for 4 to 6 weeks. This would give any new manager probably only 4 games at the end of the season with a potential full squad. So if we appoint someone new at this stage, what's he got to work with? If we are writing off the season it's because of the injuries not because we don't want to appoint anyone immediately.

The more I think about it, the more this might be a good move - if we get a cracking manager on board once the season is over.

Yes that's a big if - but I think the season ticket sales point, while it has a lot of merit, is mainly stemming from understandable impatience.

My gut feeling is we have a gaffer lined up.

I feel sorry for those with season tickets when the season has effectively been written off though.

Are we that organised to have one lined up?

So, who would you have appointed?

I dont see why we didnt appoint Holden to end of season straight away. He could have made the loan moves he made last week straight away & we wouldnt be as light on our feet. Holden & Lockwoods coaching roles presumably wont be filled, therefore we are 2 men short from what we had to train the lads & keep them fit. Could point to the injury crisis?

I am not anti Dean Holden, what I would wish though is that the quotes on the official website were a bit more positive than 'least we've got an ok squad for next year' when we were very much in the mix 4 games ago for a playoff spot this season. Shows a complete lack of desire in the short term, which is rubbish for fans that have already paid up front for this season.

And FYI given 120 candidates to look at, I am sure I could have found a decent motivator & tactical manager to get the best out of the squad until the end of the season to work alongside Holden/Philiskirk. Holden is a rookie, which has been shown up in conceding goals too easily from set pieces, defending far too deep away from home & lacking a real attacking threat. He may learn from his mistakes as the season goes on, but when we were in a position to do well this year, its not what the fans want to see.

That's me not bothering tonight for the first time this season.

Really don't know why I bother any more.

Why do I part with so much money when them upstairs are happy to just survive by the skin of our teeth every season.

Trying hard not to be pissed off with this total lack of ambition from the club..................what a bloody season, from the positivity after Dale away, fast forward a few months, fans have been consistantly kicked in the nads, Ched, poison dwarf, injuries Sculley and Mulder cant explain and now this steaming pile of guff!

On the bright side at least I will have plenty of elbow room in the Rocky tonight. :petesake:

Why would being pissed off and sick to death of our stagnation and lack of any ambition whatsoever mean I don't love the club?

I'm pissed off with Corney not the club.

Taking the piss out of us. No more money off me this season.

Just don't get the comments about Corney and lack of ambition from the board - as a club we walk a financial tightrope every season - Corney has invested so much of his money and backed every manager he has brought in. The players have let this club down yet again - no mental strength, no determination to win - too many hide on the pitch and it's time they stood up to be counted. I would prefer that we appoint a manager now but am prepared to wait until the end of the season.

I am not overly impressed with Holden so far either - his negative approach is passed on to the players and we are in a downward spiral. A spiral that started in December when LJ was in charge. Yes I am as fed up as I ever have been in the years I have supported this club - and I often wonder what would have happened if my Dad had chosen Old Trafford for my first game...

But I recognise where we are as a club and what we have to work with. Until we can find a buyer who is prepared to put substantial sums into the club, we will carry on in the same vein.

By leaving LJ admitted failure - and that he was not prepared to stay and try and turn it around - it will take a special manager to do that - and that is a decision that should not be made in haste.

Holden is a rookie, which has been shown up in conceding goals too easily from set pieces, defending far too deep away from home & lacking a real attacking threat. He may learn from his mistakes as the season goes on, but when we were in a position to do well this year, its not what the fans want to see.

We did all that under Johnson...