Simon Blitz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant we be one of those clubs it's owners just build a stadium for the club? rather than Brassbank owning and reaping the rewards from the land and now OEC owning this income streams venture part of the ground. Yes I know it's their money etc but all these things make it highly unlikely anyone else will ever take us over.

Why cant we be one of those clubs it's owners just build a stadium for the club? rather than Brassbank owning and reaping the rewards from the land and now OEC owning this income streams venture part of the ground. Yes I know it's their money etc but all these things make it highly unlikely anyone else will ever take us over.

I tend to agree, the club isn't worth a carrot currently unless they are prepared to hand everything over, which makes no sense to them at the current time.

I'd rather this than us continue to stagnate.

I think with Blitz back on the scene, him and Corney can take us further, as long as the ambition they are currently showing continues and we further improve the club and the stadium.

I'd rather this than us continue to stagnate.

I think with Blitz back on the scene, him and Corney can take us further, as long as the ambition they are currently showing continues and we further improve the club and the stadium.

What is the ambition though? do you know cos I don't.

I will be surprised if Blitz is here with renewed vigour to see the club into the championship with hard cash to back it. It seems to me that all the real chance of getting revenue from the club and land are separate from OAFC (2004) LTD.

Don't get me wrong, it's far better seeing this new stand in place, makes the ground a ground again. We have is what we have at Latics and I for one cannot see myself not ever going.

Edited by Lags

I will be surprised if Blitz is here with renewed vigour to see the club into the championship with hard cash to back it. It seems to me that all the real chance of getting revenue from the club and land are separate from OAFC (2004) LTD.

Don't get me wrong, it's far better seeing this new stand in place, makes the ground a ground again. We have what we have at Latics and I for one cannot see myself not ever going.

Maybe a new main stand soon?

Maybe a new main stand soon?

Yes maybe. Lets face it, it's not really fit for purpose anymore. It still doesn't mean it will be a money generator for OAFC (2004) Ltd other than getting the place full week in week out.

I am not anti SC/TTA far from but I call a spade a spade, or at least say what I see. It just seems to me with all these other companies set up to own the money spinners that it not about the club full stop. If I was shown otherwise, happy days....

Don't get me wrong, it's far better seeing this new stand in place, makes the ground a ground again. We have is what we have at Latics and I for one cannot see myself not ever going.

Surely just progression? Corney has repeatedly said we are hindered by FFP which means he has more money to spend than what we are being aloud to.

Get this stand up and running and more bums on seats and we have a budget to compete to get into the Championship.

Surely just progression? Corney has repeatedly said we are hindered by FFP which means he has more money to spend than what we are being aloud to.

Get this stand up and running and more bums on seats and we have a budget to compete to get into the Championship.

I don't think he means he has cash he wants to spend and can't, I really don't.

It may well be that OEC Ltd as been set up so that they can keep control of the thing with every intentions of ploughing the income streams straight into the club, in which case, fantastic. FFP is there for certainly helped. Remember we had 6000 bums on seats at the start of their tenure, I am sure you'll agree a far better place to start from than currently. It's certainly not all down to TTA the decline in attendances and am sure should Latics hit a purple patch of 2/3 seasons form the fairweather fan will return. It would take 2/3 seasons success and not a one off flash.

Lol.

I don't think he means he has cash he wants to spend and can't, I really don't.

It may well be that OEC Ltd as been set up so that they can keep control of the thing with every intentions of ploughing the income streams straight into the club, in which case, fantastic. FFP is there for certainly helped. Remember we had 6000 bums on seats at the start of their tenure, I am sure you'll agree a far better place to start from than currently. It's certainly not all down to TTA the decline in attendances and am sure should Latics hit a purple patch of 2/3 seasons form the fairweather fan will return. It would take 2/3 seasons success and not a one off flash.

I agree with the final part of your post, Lags. However we can never get that prolonged period of success while we are so quick to let them go at the first sign of cash.

I am holding on to the hope that this is just to get the stand finished and now it is all but done, we can bring a Dowie type name in on a half decent wage and hold on to him.

Only time will tell I suppose!

I think it pertinent to look at Gazal backa s well.

There is no direct link to BrassBank, other than maybe rent.

So I doubt that any money from OEC will go to paying back the debt, but the debt stands against the land.

Potentially a win win though, and keeps the debt from being called in.

So, it OEC a reward for them not pulling their money out?

There is no blueprint for how club ownership is set up. It would be extremely unlikely for 2 clubs to be set up identically. Probably the nearest you would come is when a 'fan' owns the club.

What we've got is what we've got - no vote and no meaningful say - apart from our patronage. It is simply business.

The visual (new stand) and publically announced Directorship appointments now being applied are an indication that we are about to change up a gear. Blitz, back on the scene strengthens the optimism.

I find the number of season tickets reserved/sold in the last two days quite remarkable, but that, in most cases, is what they are, reserved.

There is a buzz not felt since the 3 Amigos first pitched up.

I don't know who the new manager will be but I will be dumfounded if it is someone who will fail to further ignite season ticket sales and therefore our playing budget.

Igniting our on the pitch fortunes will be another matter though, that's pretty much down to the manager.

Yes maybe. Lets face it, it's not really fit for purpose anymore. It still doesn't mean it will be a money generator for OAFC (2004) Ltd other than getting the place full week in week out.

I am not anti SC/TTA far from but I call a spade a spade, or at least say what I see. It just seems to me with all these other companies set up to own the money spinners that it not about the club full stop. If I was shown otherwise, happy days....

Due to logistics if we replaced the main stand all we could really do with it is replace it with a new stand their isnt the room for much in the way of add ons.

Their is space at the back of the Chaddy end to have any additional offices, corporate facilities gymnasium or you could even build some flats at the back which we could rent out. Trouble is I don't see this happening and I can see that land being built on for houses the proceeds of which will go straight to brassbank.

Like you I think the new stand is a good thing but its only fair for us to ask whats the plan going forward after the north stands completion, because we will need more than that off the field for us to kick on, on it.

Realistically, there is plenty of room behind the Chaddy End and the RRE for lots of things to earn the club money.

I probably wouldn't knock the Main Stand down, just spruce it up, take the roof off and install a new roof going the length of the pitch, then install seats on the old terraced bits at each side of it.

Lets just break a few things out.

Brassbank (Land owner) is owned by TTA

OEC is owned independently by TTA

OAFC is owned independently by TTA

I might be wrong but im sure only the Club Company (OAFC 2004) revenue accounts for Financial Fair Play, you cant throw in every private business you own in to the mix. Otherwise Man City would throw in Etihad Airways, Their Oil business, hotels etc and never get find.

OAFC 2004 Has no share options in any of TTA other companies therefore they will not be able to call upon this money to increase FFP.

The new stand is the end game for TTA, there way to get their money back before walking away.