League 1 Activity

4 years ago and 3 years ago.

You'd think, with the proximity of Oldham to these clubs, and the number of good young players they have, we'd have had more than that.

The only decent loanee City gave Latics in a while ended up leaving after about 2 games - Rusnak

Said it many times but we should be one of the go-to clubs for some of the best of the North West yoof, perhaps it just comes down to money.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Most lads at United and City will never make it, and by taking them on loan you're giving yourself an opportunity to take them when they're inevitably released. Granted, we've had some disasters from City especially, but there are clubs that have very successfully used the loan market. MK, Barnsley, Swindon come to mind.

We have to accept that not all the youths will be good enough to make it.

Aye, I suppose you might have a point in that regard, I just thinking.sometimes we fail our young crops progression by taking a loanee from the prem in on the logic that he must be good cause hes been trained at manu, city, chelsea, wherever, obviously Burn has come in on loan and made a major impact but that inturn has slowed.down there progression of Edmunson who by all accounts looked fairly solid in preseason.

I think the FA should make it conpulsary that all league sides have a reserve team aswell that way we could be putting our young pros up against other young pros and older end professionals who are trying get back in the first team weekly.

Chelsea are rumoured to be tabling a bid for Everton's John Stones for £40m. Bids of £20,£26n, £30m already rejected. He left Barnsley for £3m, and they have a 15% sell on. It would net them a cool £5.5m. Johnson is rubbing his hands with glee I expect. Everton are reportedly standing firm though, against accusations of Bill Kenwright tkaing them money. Presumably, if they can get into Europe it will be worth more. Hard to refuse that sort of money in the end though. I'd imagine. He could be crocked on Saturday.

Chelsea are rumoured to be tabling a bid for Everton's John Stones for £40m. Bids of £20,£26n, £30m already rejected. He left Barnsley for £3m, and they have a 156% sell on. It would net them a cool £5.5m. Johnson is rubbing his hands with glee I expect. Everton are reportedly standing firm though, against accusations of Bill Kenwright tkaing them money. Presumably, if they can get into Europe it will be worth more. Hard to refuse that sort of money in the end though. I'd imagine. He could be crocked on Saturday.

156% sell on fee!!!!

Max we get is 20% !!!

Fold the club!! Corney out and such and such

Chelsea are rumoured to be tabling a bid for Everton's John Stones for £40m. Bids of £20,£26n, £30m already rejected. He left Barnsley for £3m, and they have a 156% sell on. It would net them a cool £5.5m. Johnson is rubbing his hands with glee I expect. Everton are reportedly standing firm though, against accusations of Bill Kenwright tkaing them money. Presumably, if they can get into Europe it will be worth more. Hard to refuse that sort of money in the end though. I'd imagine. He could be crocked on Saturday.

156% sell on - that's some negotiating that!

Archived