League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they see it as being beyond what the team does on the pitch. They believe the Oyston's are taking them out of the football league asap anyway so they feel like they have nothing to lose.

I'm not sure I agree with this pitch invasion, but I can see the logic behind it.

I think they see it as being beyond what the team does on the pitch. They believe the Oyston's are taking them out of the football league asap anyway so they feel like they have nothing to lose.

I'm not sure I agree with this pitch invasion, but I can see the logic behind it.

They spent £180k on a striker the other day though. I'm no Oyston apologist but that's not the action of somebody who wants them in non league. We'd be bloody ecstatic!

As soon as LJ left is he was already wanting to be there and didn't look interested in playing for us.

Not what it looked like when he came on at Crewe, bagged the winner and made a bee line for the bench to celebrate with Holden.

I can't. I think they're deluded. They're no bigger than Oldham (or Oxford, Luton etc). Like many other clubs, they went too far too fast and couldn't sustain it. i remember the anger felt (and demontsrations asking 'where's the money gone') after we got relegated. You can feel the rot setting it, but you haven't got the resources to do anything about it.

The Oysten's haven't helped, especially in their managerial merry-go-round, but Blackpool are back at the level where they can compete. Their fans need to wake up and smell reality.

I can't. I think they're deluded. They're no bigger than Oldham (or Oxford, Luton etc). Like many other clubs, they went too far too fast and couldn't sustain it. i remember the anger felt (and demontsrations asking 'where's the money gone') after we got relegated. You can feel the rot setting it, but you haven't got the resources to do anything about it.

The Oysten's haven't helped, especially in their managerial merry-go-round, but Blackpool are back at the level where they can compete. Their fans need to wake up and smell reality.

The difference is though is that the Oystens trousered all the money from their season in the premier league around about £47million has been alleged to have been taken out of the football club by the Oystens in the form of dividends money that could have been invested back into the club. They had the resources to do something about it they havent utilised them and went down last year without a wimper 20 points behind 4th from bottom.

They have also sued their own fans, Karl Oysten has allegedly said and done some other trully appaling things towards the fans including verbal and physcial threats. I dont think you can compare our situation and theirs when you look at how Oysten has run the club down over the last 3 years they have been far more cynical than our board was between 94-97 who just stood still and didnt realise the world was changing around them. The irony is that between 2001-2011 they pretty much showed the way for others on how to run a small football league club.

The difference is though is that the Oystens trousered all the money from their season in the premier league around about £47million has been alleged to have been taken out of the football club by the Oystens in the form of dividends money that could have been invested back into the club. They had the resources to do something about it they havent utilised them and went down last year without a wimper 20 points behind 4th from bottom.

They have also sued their own fans, Karl Oysten has allegedly said and done some other trully appaling things towards the fans including verbal and physcial threats. I dont think you can compare our situation and theirs when you look at how Oysten has run the club down over the last 3 years they have been far more cynical than our board was between 94-97 who just stood still and didnt realise the world was changing around them. The irony is that between 2001-2011 they pretty much showed the way for others on how to run a small football league club.

I agree, and i'm no lover of the Oystons (daddy Oysten was a pervert and son of Oysten is a total bastard), but that money goes very fast once you get relegated and unless you've got some form of back-up then you can slide very quickly. I've no doubt the Oysten's messed up (and the irony of how they got promoted is biting), but i still think that some Blackpool fans are deluded, not entirely like fans of other similar sized clubs.

Luke James to Bradford is a brilliant transfer.

They're going to have a very good season.

That's one on my DK list gone, but in reality we couldn't really have competed with Bradford.

Ollie McBurnie to Swansea from Bradford for a six-figure fee.

Failed to score in 16 appearances for Bradford, scored 5 in 14 on loan at conference side Chester.

Seems a bit of an odd one (without having a clue what he's like and judging him purely on his goal scoring stats)

Ollie McBurnie to Swansea from Bradford for a six-figure fee.

Failed to score in 16 appearances for Bradford, scored 5 in 14 on loan at conference side Chester.

Seems a bit of an odd one (without having a clue what he's like and judging him purely on his goal scoring stats)

Mate in work is a cheater season ticket holder. This lad went there on loan, played up top on his own. Think he's 18 or 19, 6ft 3 so obviously a lot of potential

Chris Kirkland and Danny Pugh to Bury.

Another two over 30s. Only Mellis is a young signing and he's clearly a lose cannon. Their short-termism is astoundingly naive.

I'd take their short-termism in player recruitment over ours any day of the week. They are buying players to do a job, pretty good ones at that. Give me them players over our projects/rejects any day of the week.

Chris Kirkland and Danny Pugh to Bury.

Another two over 30s. Only Mellis is a young signing and he's clearly a lose cannon. Their short-termism is astoundingly naive.

Kirkland will be a great signing provided they can keep him fit.

Whilst I see your thoughts regarding their signings being over 30 etc they still have the base of their promotion squad from last year which featured Mayor/Riley/Rose/Cameron who are all under 25 and would more than likely get in our team

Reckon Bury could be easily top 6 if their squad produces..

It's a bit embarrassing all this small time bitterness towards Bury isn't it?

Especially when it's on on Twitter for anyone and everyone to see.

I only hope it goes tit's up for them because that would work in our favour.

That aside, good luck to them. I'm envious.

If it does work, at least it'll show our powers that be how it can be done.

I'd take their short-termism in player recruitment over ours any day of the week. They are buying players to do a job, pretty good ones at that. Give me them players over our projects/rejects any day of the week.

I think I've said it before but a large number of our supporters have now been programmed to view throwing a bit of money at promotion as a bad thing.

Say what you like about SC but that's some feat where football club ownership in this day & age is concerned.

Kirkland top signing for this division and as long as his injuries are behind him a keeper that has at least another 5 years left him in.

People rubbished my post when I stated that he would be a cracking player and exactly the type of keeper required to bring on Coleman for a season or two.

Too good for this division well obviously not.

Good luck to Bury some top players brought in and a good mix of experienced league 1 / championship players playing alongside young league 2 promotion winning players, IMO they will be top 6 come the end of the season.

Archived