Ryan Hiwat PSV winger

To be fair, if you have alast minute flight from Holland by easyJet, then you pay through the nose. EasyJet £49 are only that price ifbooked well in advance.

But, it does seem a bit wierd to help with flights. Still, that is what it is for.

As long as he has his mobile taken off him and the toilet doors are locked.....

Edited by singe

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just looked on Skyscanner and you can book a flight from Amsterdam to Manchester tomorrow for £56, train fare from Eindhoven to Schipol Airport is 19 euros and roughly a 40 minute train journey again i find it shocking the club cant directly fund this themselves (surely the club holds a credit card) after all we have beaten the small minnows Newcastle Utd to his possible signature.....

Ive just looked on Skyscanner and you can book a flight from Amsterdam to Manchester tomorrow for £56, train fare from Eindhoven to Schipol Airport is 19 euros and roughly a 40 minute train journey again i find it shocking the club cant directly fund this themselves (surely the club holds a credit card) after all we have beaten the small minnows Newcastle Utd to his possible signature.....

To attract him we need to offer First Class travel so he is comfortable when getting a good view of the pennines and beautiful City stadium upon entry to the UK, and then a car with blacked out windows to pick him up from the airport. Then drop him off and say theres paparazzi so throw a coat over his head from the car to the entrance. Reckon that should get him to sign no danger.

I take it Postman Matt has never come across the immortal phrase 'there isn't a budget for that'?

I'm familiar with the phrase.

But I'm not convinced that this is part of the mandate that PlayerShare collects for.

Doubtless a small amount, but I think it's something that should be considered should a similar request follow.

I take it Postman Matt has never come across the immortal phrase 'there isn't a budget for that'?

Are you saying there's a flaw in our recruitment system whereby quality players have been available and wanted to sign but we've had to drop our interest in the one's who wouldn't pay for their own transport?

£50k transfer fee? - no problem.

£2k a week? - no problem.

Last minute EasyJet flight? - :censored: off.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'm familiar with the phrase.

But I'm not convinced that this is part of the mandate that PlayerShare collects for.

Doubtless a small amount, but I think it's something that should be considered should a similar request follow.

Yes i'd probably agree.

That was my point. The club may have decided not to fund travel costs of trialists as small amounts add up. Which may have been why DK went to Playershare, as there may have not been a budget for it.

So yes, quite agree that Playershare needs to consider the same, do they have a budget for this?

N.B. It seems an odd thing to ask for generally, but it could make a good story in the future: '£27m Hiwat signs for Real, had his plane fair paid by Playershare'!!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Are you saying there's a flaw in our recruitment system whereby quality players have been available and wanted to sign but we've had to drop our interest in the one's who wouldn't pay for their own transport?

£50k transfer fee? - no problem.

£2k a week? - no problem.

Last minute EasyJet flight? - :censored: off.

Yes.

Or they don't pay for travel for overseas players or the budget has already been used up?

You'll have the same issues in the biggest companies in the world. They may spend millions on something which might not prove to be any good, but won't spend £100 on something that will give lots of value, because there is no budget for it.

God knows if this is the case, but you can't assume that the club cannot afford something by the decision it makes.

To attract him we need to offer First Class travel so he is comfortable when getting a good view of the pennines and beautiful City stadium upon entry to the UK, and then a car with blacked out windows to pick him up from the airport. Then drop him off and say theres paparazzi so throw a coat over his head from the car to the entrance. Reckon that should get him to sign no danger.

He got picked up in a :censored:ty little Kia,So that plan went out of the window from word go..

Yes.

Or they don't pay for travel for overseas players or the budget has already been used up?

You'll have the same issues in the biggest companies in the world. They may spend millions on something which might not prove to be any good, but won't spend £100 on something that will give lots of value, because there is no budget for it.

God knows if this is the case, but you can't assume that the club cannot afford something by the decision it makes.

You'd think a League One football club would have more flexibility & common sense.

By "League One Football Club" I don't mean this one, obviously.