Ryan Hiwat PSV winger

I think that there is little doubt that Sterling is a good player, with the potential to be something genuinely special.

However I also think that he is still a bit of a rough diamond, and he could go on to be truly brilliant or fail to develop and improve and end up being another player with potential that didn't realise it. Nothing more than you'd expect from a player at his age.

City however IMO have paid the price I'd expect from a player that is more like the finished article than a potential player. If he goes on to be the player he could be, they will look back and think that £49m was a reasonable amount of business (don't think it will ever be considered a bargain), but equally he could end up failing to live up to the hype and end up at West Ham / Villa in a few years for about 30% of what they paid for him.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got the age and nationality tariff though, young and English equals higher fee due to the Champions League requirements, plus there was time left on his contract.

Transfer fees stopped being about what a player's ability is worth some time ago.

I can confirm with lags that playershare was approached with regards to help fund the players transport over here.

If it then works out, he could very well be a playershare funded player.

Fingers and toes crossed....

It could well be an inspired signing, but after the Joskts fiasco I thought PlayerShare were going to fund more trusty players?

Hope he signs if PlayerShare funds his transport!

Hold your horses there Lags, there could be a tremendous loan signing soon.

I can confirm with lags that playershare was approached with regards to help fund the players transport over here.

If it then works out, he could very well be a playershare funded player.

Fingers and toes crossed....

So does that mean we're securing a tremendous loan signing AND funding the transport for Hiwat too?

If two players then superb and great to hear the money we're donating is coming up with the goods

It could well be an inspired signing, but after the Joskts fiasco I thought PlayerShare were going to fund more trusty players?

Hope he signs if PlayerShare funds his transport!

The manager asked for help, we listened to his rationale and it was agreed that playershare could afford thee cost of the plane fare.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the scheme, those that attended the recent latics legends evenings with....and of course those that use the online easyfundraising for web purchases or searches.

Without your help it could not be possible.....it's a risk yes, but so was Kuqui, Evina, Eddie, Elockobi, Murphy. Some you win some you loose but if the manager has asked for help then we look at it and make a decision.

Edit: forgot to add fundraising via the playershare pledge every season and the OWTB subscription prediction league, which you still have time to have a bash at.

Edited by underdog

The manager asked for help, we listened to his rationale and it was agreed that playershare could afford thee cost of the plane fare.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the scheme, those that attended the recent latics legends evenings with....and of course those that use the online easyfundraising for web purchases or searches.

Without your help it could not be possible.....it's a risk yes, but so was Kuqui, Evina, Eddie, Elockobi, Murphy. Some you win some you loose but if the manager has asked for help then we look at it and make a decision.

Murphy??

Sorry to all again but didn't see an answer and may have been overlooked but...

Is the playershare looking to fund a loan player in addition to Hiwat's flight, i.e. other than Hiwat, or are we looking to fund Hiwat's wages if he succeeds on trial?

Sorry but just picked up on that we were looking to fund a loanee but didn't know if you meant Hiwat.

If the club can't afford to put the lad on an easyjet flight and a couple of nights at a travel lodge or club associated dig then we really in trouble...

Thats astounding that the club needed help funding flights from Holland...

FFS

While I remain a big supporter of playershare, I completely agree with this.

Whilst on the face of it the club asking for playershare to cover the cost of bringing the lad here looks a bit mickey mouse, i fully endorse the playershare decision to fund it.

If you don't buy a ticket, you ain't going to win the lottery.

Whilst on the face of it the club asking for playershare to cover the cost of bringing the lad here looks a bit mickey mouse, i fully endorse the playershare decision to fund it.

Might have been more of one for the Trust to get involved with if assistance was needed.

Could you write that on a letter and send it to the club addressed to Simon Corney.

If the club can't afford to put the lad on an easyjet flight and a couple of nights at a travel lodge or club associated dig then we really in trouble...

Thats astounding that the club needed help funding flights from Holland...

FFS

I'm glad somebody said it. I was thinking the exact same and have found myself agreeing with Postman Matt FFS