Oldham 1 Shrewsbury 1 FT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[abusive nonsense] and stay at home if you don't like it.

Think your wrong there. Telling people to stay at home when an unbeaten team cant muster 4000 is laughable.

Edited by Ackey
Removed Light's bile but left Yardog's reasoned reply.

I thought it was quite poor, got nothing against the manager but that was very negative today hoofing it up to Forte on his own with two men on him didn't work,thought dieng did well and Dunn was good with the ball at his feet draw was probably fair

Middle half hour was very good 30-60 with good runs from forte but I think DK was tactically nieve and should have brought turner on 10 minutes early. I like Danny P in a deeper role because he makes the forward runs well and looks for the ball. I think the sideways passing is needed 70% of the time but we do a bit too much of it than is needed.

Square pegs round holes today, Forte isent a striker he is far more effective from the wing, I would of played Turner today thought we deserved our lead, we played some neat stuff first half and created a couple of chances, switched off for the goal simple punt up field flick on there striker runs on and rounds Coleman, then we went flat, substitutes were poor Green and Winchester both weak on the ball we were lucky to hold on for the draw in the end, still unbeaten but shrews were poor and we should be putting teams like that away with the quality we've got, thought there CM Woods was excellent looks a good player and thier CB Grandison had a decent game other then that they were poor.

Hopefully we will beat Bury and it will make up for today although it will be a tougher game, Bury seem to score loads but concede lots to do we will have to take our chances and stay solid, hopefully DK brings in a replacemant for Cassidy this week as Forte as the target man doesent work !

Trying to be positive, unbeaten, not conceded many goals...but come on shots on target????

Even without strikers surely to God our midfield which is suppose to be bountiful of talent, can take some pots shots from outside the box, get some rebounds. Yes I am that desperate.

Glad for point today, we were lucky, but against some of the better teams I fear we wil not do so well.

There does not seem to be any vocal leader, no one to either to step up, grab the game by the balls, calm it down when it needs to.

Thought deing had a decent game, but when your goalie again, is high up the food chain for motm..says it all.

Edited by underdog

Poor 1st half. 2nd half started brightly for which it was a stone wall penalty. Kelly takes croft and dunn off and it all collapses. Forte was dire and clearly unfit! Dieng and jones had good games

Stone wall penalty? Sat right in front of it in RRE & it looked one of the the most blatant dives I've seen at BP! :laught30:

To say we are supposed to have a strong midfield we create very little, negative tactics at home, same as last season, can be nice on the eye but whats the point if it is leading nowhere.

Also thought dunn dived for the penalty.

Still unbeaten.

Unbeaten teams don't go down.

If we drew every game we would go down since 50 points is the usual starting point for safety - but we've won one so that might just push us over the line

Not that we have a cat in hells chance of going the whole season unbeaten

We'll get hammered off a half decent side.

Dieng at right back a big positive.

One upfront rubbish, especially when the one upfront is a winger.

He's not had a chance, but if Murphy isn't going to get on the pitch, get rid. Waste of a wage.

Croft had acres of space infront of him at times today but decided to stand on the half way line and wait for the pass?

I fear for Kelly when we get beat, 'cos some of the main stand have already turned against him.

I said it last week and i'll say it again

...DK just stands there all game. Doesnt give advise, doesnt tweak, just tells them to raise their game every now and again.

We were a tad lucky to hold on to 3 points last week and lucky to get a point today in the end...we wouldnt be able to complain if we were sat on 2pts right now.

Attacking football has scored us 2 goals from open play in 4 league games...and one of those came from a hopeful punt upfield...

Edited by Fruitygoo

All I can say about the penalty is that Dunn was clever, lucky to get a point today, we need to be a little bit more adventurous at home, 4-4-2 anybody?

The number 4 for Shrews was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch in a football sense. Not sure why Forte didnt take the pen but at least Kelly scored.

Fleetwood scored 8 since they failed to score against us and Walsall won all 3.

As a new manager, I'm quite happy to see him build from the back - he is understandably a little cautious at this point.

It was miles better than the hoof ball tactics against Fleetwood.

The main stand was a horrible place to be at FT.

Lets just take stock here ... we are unbeaten in four games and the crowd are booing and shouting for the manager to go. Unbelievable Jeff.

I said it last week ans i'll say it again

...DK just stands there all game. Doesnt give advise, doesnt tweak, just tella them to raise their game every now and again.

We were a tad lucky to hold on to 3 points last week and lucky to get a point today in the end...we wouldnt be able to complain if we were sat on 2pts right now.

Attacking football has scored us 2 goals from open play in 4 league games...and one of those came from a hopeful punt upfield...

The coach by his side stood with his arms folded all afternoon.

Edited by BP1960