Poleon missing?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I missed? I'm away but forcefully offered to Scotland or just turned down a move?

The first sign of a player with an actual attitude but nobody is banging that drum for once...

Must be DKs or Barry fault...

He very publicly said how strongly they're pushing to get certain players out of the club. He's a young lad and petulance is what comes with that. How much to blame Poleon is it is to early to say, but he is missing and that doesn't really suggest there has been good man-management.

I want us to make the most out of the players we have, but I think Poleon is one of those players that would require a lot of work to become a regular starter at this level and I don't think we have the time to put in that work. I could see him going to a League 2 club and having a Craig Davies-esque season, but we need a consistent workhorse up front in the system that DK wants to play. Poleon is too unpredictable and unreliable to play that role.

He played well at the back end of last season from the wing, and it the first time he'd had a run of games for a while. He has raw ability and we have a good midfield that should be creating more than we have done, so I'd like to see at least how he'd do in one game. The next best alternatives aren't near ideal.

Who else is being frozen out?

Murphy, Winchester, Green. There may be a valid reason, but friction will naturally arise regardless.

Murphy, Winchester, Green. There may be a valid reason, but friction will naturally arise regardless.

Murphy played half an hour against Shrewsbury, Winchester is injured and Green played eighty-five minutes against Shrewsbury. What is it that I'm missing?

Murphy played half an hour against Shrewsbury, Winchester is injured and Green played eighty-five minutes against Shrewsbury. What is it that I'm missing?

On the other hand, Murphy has played 30/630 minutes.

Green has been an unused sub in 5/7 games.

Winchester - our player of the season - was dumped after one average performance.

He very publicly said how strongly they're pushing to get certain players out of the club. He's a young lad and petulance is what comes with that. How much to blame Poleon is it is to early to say, but he is missing and that doesn't really suggest there has been good man-management.

He played well at the back end of last season from the wing, and it the first time he'd had a run of games for a while. He has raw ability and we have a good midfield that should be creating more than we have done, so I'd like to see at least how he'd do in one game. The next best alternatives aren't near ideal.

They said we needed to sell before we bring anyone in. They didn't mention Poleon or forcing players out or did I miss that one. How have you come to this conclusion?

Green and Winchester are not being frozen out very well as they have been on the bench nearly every week and have made appeances.

You seem to be looking very hard to find issues with the management? Have managed to dig up that Scottish club yet because Poleon may actually be looking for a club now. He may even try to force it..

On the other hand, Murphy has played 30/630 minutes.

Green has been an unused sub in 5/7 games.

Winchester - our player of the season - was dumped after one average performance.

Murphy - the sole 30 mins were in out most recent game. He is pretty near the back of a fair length list of strikers at the club, and I think it's fair to say not many people would complain if he were frozen out. But the time he has had was in our LATEST game.

Green - Everyone knows he arrives at the club a massive distance from being fully fit. He played 90% of our LATEST game. From what I heard, he maybe didn't grasp that opportunity as firmly as he might of., so it does not necessarily mean he should be a shoe-in for the next game.

Winchester - There's a complete thread over this one, but I don't think there's any evidence that he is being actively frozen out in any form.

So, assuming what we can all see is the only available evidence, how any of the above equates to any of the three being frozen out, heaven only knows.

Hence, what am I missing?

Murphy - the sole 30 mins were in out most recent game. He is pretty near the back of a fair length list of strikers at the club, and I think it's fair to say not many people would complain if he were frozen out. But the time he has had was in our LATEST game.

Green - Everyone knows he arrives at the club a massive distance from being fully fit. He played 90% of our LATEST game. From what I heard, he maybe didn't grasp that opportunity as firmly as he might of., so it does not necessarily mean he should be a shoe-in for the next game.

Winchester - There's a complete thread over this one, but I don't think there's any evidence that he is being actively frozen out in any form.

So, assuming what we can all see is the only available evidence, how any of the above equates to any of the three being frozen out, heaven only knows.

Presumably it's Kelly's fault that he's only allowed to play 11 at one time :)

Presumably it's Kelly's fault that he's only allowed to play 11 at one time :)

Exactly, and the thing is, moving into the realms of pure personal opinion, I probably wouldn't currently have any of the three in the starting line-up, if everyone is fit and available.

The bit where I said "There may be a valid reason, but friction will naturally arise regardless"?

Not that having scored 4 in 5 games and created little wouldn't cause friction between players who think they deserve more of a chance.

They said we needed to sell before we bring anyone in. They didn't mention Poleon or forcing players out or did I miss that one. How have you come to this conclusion?

Green and Winchester are not being frozen out very well as they have been on the bench nearly every week and have made appeances.

You seem to be looking very hard to find issues with the management? Have managed to dig up that Scottish club yet because Poleon may actually be looking for a club now. He may even try to force it..

Either I have a bad memory or one of them mentioned the word 'push'. I've not discounted that Poleon lies within blame as well, but surely when a player goes 'missing' on your watch, questions are going to be asked...

I'm not looking hard to find issues with this management whatsoever. How have you come to that conclusion...

When a player goes missing its the player that should be questioned. If you went from your job is it because of management or your own decisions? Poleon has been asked to train with the youth. He is a 22/23 league 1 footballer who isn't above such requests and shouldn't think he is.

You think the management are freezing out players and forcing players out when it's just a matter of picking his best team in his opinion and dealing with players who very possibly think they are better than they are.

You may not agree with it but you can't take a little information and decide whats true and what's not. Like forcing a player to Scotland which having asked 4 times I assume you have no proof.

I wonder how you would react if the players you belie are being forced out are one you don't rate?

Anyway I'm off on the piss in sunny Kefalonia. Have a good evening fellow blues! :)

Edited by palmer1

Is there some history here?

At the end of last season Poleon missed a home game, not sure which, but at the time he was playing well.

He then turned up and sat in front of us in the main stand.

When we asked a club "official" why he was missing the reply was "He's been a naughty boy". The obvious reason, we concluded, was that he had been omitted for disciplinary reasons.

Out on the piss the night before with Jacob mellis. Edited by welshgaz

People are forgetting that when you call in sick you're probably not fit to play. Also the team travelled to the Shresbury game in the afternoon, so maybe he was left behind and told to train with the youth team (even though he didn't do) he could still be sick.

There may well be more to it but why is everyone trying to blame someone when it could be that simple.

People are forgetting that when you call in sick you're probably not fit to play. Also the team travelled to the Shresbury game in the afternoon, so maybe he was left behind and told to train with the youth team (even though he didn't do) he could still be sick.

There may well be more to it but why is everyone trying to blame someone when it could be that simple.

Maybe but he has not really had a sniff since DK arrived has he ? Plus the tweet from the menoafc would indicate that he has done something to warrant getting pushed out of the picture.