The board

The failings of the board have been brought up a few times in the kelly thread but i reckon its worth a thread of its own

For me the board are the sole reason we are in the current predicament. Whatever you believe their part in the new stand fiasco is, i think the bigger issue currently is that of the management of the football club

So what can this board do to rectify the current situation?

Which board members are at fault or is it a more communal :censored: up?

Is it that serious someones head should role?

We all know we cant buy our way out of this mess, but what exactly would you like to see?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they actively looking to sell the club? Is a buyer waiting in the wings?

Those questions are based on no insider knowledge but if we have a 5 page thread on it I expect a completely groundless rumour to appear on twitter by the end of the week.

Corney said on many occasions that he would sell to the right buyer, they've even made a video apparently (i can only presume barry presents it with the utmost professionalism, ohh and a nice red jumper).

Those questions are based on no insider knowledge but if we have a 5 page thread on it I expect a completely groundless rumour to appear on twitter by the end of the week.

They've supposedly been actively looking to sell for years. There's a sales video in production too isn't there?

funny you should say that was at village hotel this afternoon in ashton and got talking to a chap who when he found out i was a oldham fan blurted out that we are to be taken over pretty much as soon as stand opens.I said that am sure something would of been said about this from someone with a "source" at the club but he was adiment.

didnt seem to be lying but am not for 1 min saying its true.

We had chants of "sack the board" and sit in protests when Lees's were in.

Corney and Co. saved us when we were faced with going out of business so have always been cut a lot of slack because of that.

Which of the two "boards" have been worse for the club???

I'd say Lees..just. Success at the club was fresh enough in the memory to make us more sellable, especially as football in general was taking off at the time, but they neither sold or invested. I think Graeme Sharp's parting shot was something along the lines of "if you cut a tree back too much, it won't grow back", referring to Lee's lack of investment (He was a :censored: player and an even :censored:ter manager...but one hell of a philosopher!).

I think for starters the current board need to get a better spokesperson, because I can't believe they're happy with the stuff Barry comes out with....or maybe they're just past caring.

We had chants of "sack the board" and sit in protests when Lees's were in.

Corney and Co. saved us when we were faced with going out of business so have always been cut a lot of slack because of that.

Which of the two "boards" have been worse for the club???

Honestly believe the fans have reached such a level of apathy with the club they are virtually passed caring as well. These days you wont see sit in protests, people just stop coming

Explain please

I said similar in the pub yesterday.

"Secrecy" was the word I was looking for but went with "subterfuge", I think :lol:

It's :censored:ing mental isn't it?

To give Kelly his due he seems happy to tell us things that are of interest to us sad OAFC anoraks but of little consequence otherwise...

Barry et al would be too paranoid for the CIA....

I'd say Lees..just. Success at the club was fresh enough in the memory to make us more sellable, especially as football in general was taking off at the time, but they neither sold or invested. I think Graeme Sharp's parting shot was something along the lines of "if you cut a tree back too much, it won't grow back", referring to Lee's lack of investment (He was a :censored: player and an even :censored:ter manager...but one hell of a philosopher!).

I think for starters the current board need to get a better spokesperson, because I can't believe they're happy with the stuff Barry comes out with....or maybe they're just past caring.

If you think Graeme Sharp was a :censored: player God knows what you've thought of the last 20 years or so.