Latest Conspiracy

In my line of work I do a lot of travelling as a salesman and I sell a product many sports teams buy anyway I was in the midlands yesterday and got talking to a new contact and we got onto football so naturally I spoke about Oldham Athletic and this is where things got interesting.

This gentleman who we will call Richard told me in no uncertain terms the club was sold pending the new stand being completed and fully functional but the deal will only go through if the club is put into administration as the new potential buyers see the club able to sustain and survive a points deduction this year before being well backed and funded in attempt to get out the division next season, they already have a well known management duo who have agreed in principle to follow the potential new owners to the club.

Richard then said the club were stalling on opening the stand and as they are aggressively trying to find alternative suitors but are running out of time, the stand COULD have been finished and opened for the start of the season this Richard was adamant in that.

Anyway he bought 6 months worth of my product and provided an hours worth of conversation albeit very interesting conversation.

Make of that what you will.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney wants more than what these investors are prepared to pay and they know nobody else is interested in the club...

In Richards words "they will be getting the club for a song" if the deal goes through they know they have the current owners against the wall they know it Corney and Blitz know and apparently all the loyal fans are being taken for a ride with the lies and cover ups regarding the new stand.

Doesnt Admin clear debt like Portsmouth did and give a clean start....? Genuine question dont know. That would allow well backed to be used positively rather than clearing debts? It sounds odd someone in Midlands knows any details unless an element of truth in it or how would they know anything at all unless a bull:censored: merchant in general.

Good point, they just got rid of having to get a CVA if I remember rightly?

I agree, how does he know whats going on? Until you know that, he could have been just told by a mate who 'knows whats going on' (in his opinion) and then span it for the sake of trying to get a better deal out of the OP.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I thought that it would be the role of the appointed administrator to find a buyer, not the previous ownership & I'd say that if any administratior got whiff that any deal was pre-areanged, they'd be duty bound to report all those involved. Writing off debts like that would impact those who are owed money (including local businesses) so a pre-arranged deal like that, can't simply just be done.

Well done on the sale but I think he's (or someone else)has made that one up. He wasn't buying glue & sandwich bags was he?

In my line of work I do a lot of travelling as a salesman and I sell a product many sports teams buy anyway I was in the midlands yesterday and got talking to a new contact and we got onto football so naturally I spoke about Oldham Athletic and this is where things got interesting.

This gentleman who we will call Richard told me in no uncertain terms the club was sold pending the new stand being completed and fully functional but the deal will only go through if the club is put into administration as the new potential buyers see the club able to sustain and survive a points deduction this year before being well backed and funded in attempt to get out the division next season, they already have a well known management duo who have agreed in principle to follow the potential new owners to the club.

Richard then said the club were stalling on opening the stand and as they are aggressively trying to find alternative suitors but are running out of time, the stand COULD have been finished and opened for the start of the season this Richard was adamant in that.

Anyway he bought 6 months worth of my product and provided an hours worth of conversation albeit very interesting conversation.

As bull:censored: goes, that really :censored:ing stinks.

As ever, now a few of them are starting - thanks for the info.

There are a few holes to this story, but the deal is pretty much a pre-packed adminstration, so plausible. About 1 in 4 adminstrations in the UK are now Pre-pack type. The allow things to carry more seamlessly. JJB used this.

The reason I can't quite see this being 100% true, is that the adminisatarion would presumably require SC to write off the £6m debts.

Also, if we were in such dire financial straights we would not have been able to hold onto our players this summer, or sign others of the calibre we have.

SC only has to hold on 1 year before the stand starts producing a profit, not a lot in terms of 12 years.

There has been quite a heavy investment in OEC in the past few months, not only cash but time, marketing and getting it right. Not the actions of someone about to sell and almost bankrupt.

On the other side, there is lot of detail there for some seemingly unconnected with no interest in peddling the tale.

Of course, that might not be the case, and there could be an unknown connection.

FWIW, I reckon that deal may well have been tabled, but SC has left it on the table and not been of interest (so far).

As with most speculation like this, there will be an kernel of truth and an embellishment. The embellishment, IMHO, is that it is a done deal.

It still amazes me people are corncerned that the stand has taken time. We are not a rich club, we have survived hand to mouth for decades.

The problems with the stand seem to be more cash flow related rather than near bankruptcy. Temp cash flow issues should surpise no-one, surely?

Edited by singe