Latest Conspiracy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're confusing Real Oviedo (Shareholders Trust) with Ebbsfleet United (MyFootballClub with decision-making Members).

...some fan owned clubs have a one member one vote in club business with a paid membership.ebbsfleet was a :censored:ing disaster,thats the internet for you tho...... having said that,look at how much our trust pull in from fans wanting to have an input in the club, its woeful.......nobdy is interested

It would be the second time the Club had gone into Administration and I would think it would result in at least 15 points being deducted.

A lot more confidence than me if it was 15 points minimum

I think you're confusing Real Oviedo (Shareholders Trust) with Ebbsfleet United (MyFootballClub with decision-making Members).

Wasn't aware of that. What are the benefits of an Oviedo membership then?

It gives me less hope seeing FC United - they have the biggest fan base in the world to tap into and are non-league, I don't see how Latics would cope. Like PV says above, nobody seems that bothered about getting involved themselves - happy to criticise but the Trust appears pretty powerless without any fan-clout, despite the efforts of a hardy few.

Don't think some of the club's decisions in the recent past have encouraged anybody to want to be a part of Oldham Athletic...

Edited by NewBlue

It's been a long time since someone produced a halfway decent football conspiracy theory. For me, it's lacking two staples: a motorway service station, which is a staple of football conspiracies generally, and Featherstall Road Tesco, which is a staple of OAFC conspiracies. I'm all for originality but tradition is tradition.

My mum used to second all my comics when they got posted through the letterbox. She gave them to me the next day but all the pages were loose. She was on a staple diet... She didn't lose any weight as she had an iron stomach and a steely resolve

It's been a long time since someone produced a halfway decent football conspiracy theory. For me, it's lacking two staples: a motorway service station, which is a staple of football conspiracies generally, and Featherstall Road Tesco, which is a staple of OAFC conspiracies. I'm all for originality but tradition is tradition.

In today's MEN, a billionaire returns home from Switzerland where he is resident, to Failsworth. Maybe this is the one!!!

Wasn't aware of that. What are the benefits of an Oviedo membership then?

The Trust represents the minority shareholders worldwide. Originally there was no tangible benefit because the shares were effectively worthless and, ultimately, it was a charitable donation with only a share certificate to show for it. However, in addition to deciding that new shareholders are not liable for any present or future debt, the Club announced that, for every single new international shareholder, whenever they go to Real Oviedo, they get free admission to games. Effectively, this has become the cheapest season ticket in history! For the price of one share in Real Oviedo, a foreigner can go to games for free for the rest of his/her life. Mind you, at some stage the club might have to back out of this promise, once they see how many people actually start turning up!

Having been to Oviedo and experienced fantastic warmth and hospitality from the local people, I have to agree with the Trust’s claim that I’ve actually become a part of something much larger than a football Club. As some have put it in Oviedo, it’s ‘more than a feeling.’ It’s hard to describe, it’s something you have to experience to understand. It becomes a way of life. Shareholders are made to feel more important than being mere tourists, and everyone I’ve met is just as passionate about our club as its Ultras.

Supporters’ weekends are held, during which, in addition to a game, the Trust organises:

• Sightseeing Tour of Oviedo;
  • Lunch and guided tour around the training ground;
  • Traditional Asturian dinner;
  • Party with all other shareholders and Real Oviedo fans.

On the day of the game, food, drink and live music is provided in part of the Stadium car park, together with a guided tour of the Stadium and Museum. Also in my case, it was arranged for me to meet the Latics legend that never was, Club captain and fellow share-holder….Diego Cervero!

Hotels offer discounts for Shareholders Trust members. Oviedo is a beautiful place, regularly winning awards for Europe’s cleanest city and the Asturias region is a great mixture of mountains, green valleys, superb beaches, pre-Romanesque architecture and excellent food and drink.

There's a huge community online of people following the team from every part of the globe, in every time zone, for social media addicts.

NOTE: The Real Oviedo share sale closed midnight Friday 29th May 2015 and shares will no longer be available.

:censored:in wow.

But now we are on the subject, Latics owe TTA about £7mill, even tho theyve made £millions building houses and hospitals, that isnt balanced off against the 'loans'. So you gota pay that £7m for the club, but you don't get all the land they bought cos it been built on.

Bargain.

:censored:in wow.

But now we are on the subject, Latics owe TTA about £7mill, even tho theyve made £millions building houses and hospitals, that isnt balanced off against the 'loans'. So you gota pay that £7m for the club, but you don't get all the land they bought cos it been built on.

Bargain.

TTA have built hospitals??????