New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evans is solid, with a proven winning mentality at several clubs. McCall has never done it in England, as impressive as the Motherwell achievements were.

This paints a very different picture of Evans at Leeds (a job which is going to be near impossible with that nutter hanging above you): http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-mission-accomplished-for-departing-steve-evans-1-7940927

And, as I've already said, that Rotherham team he made for this division was superb. When we played them I said: 'They were everything we thought we could be at the beginning of the season. Inventive, high pressing, skilful, clinical. Fair :censored:s to that fat prickly Evans, he's made a fantastic outfit'.

An exciting team like they had would do me and so many others who have given up on the boring dross we so often see.

No he's not. He makes me look slim.

Despite the problems and the issues, i'd find this a fantastic appointment, but i just can't see it.

We can't afford to feed Steve Evens never mind pay him

That's it! Pies. We give me free access to the pie stand at the back of the Main Stand. It can be renamed the Steve Evans Pie Stall. The Trust might have to get on board with keeping it well stocked, but it could be the clincher.

3 straight European finishes with a fairly low budget compared to 2 promotions on a relatively big budget and 1 on an average sized budget.

Evans' is slightly more relevant to us but debatable? Yes it is.

'Fairly low budget' means nothing though if it's not relative.

Who else had a big budget in the SPL during the two years McCall achieved anything, except Celtic?

Evans had a decent budget at Rotherham, but compared to clubs they finished above it won't have compared. Not to mention there's 12 extra teams to a division...

:censored: me...we might as well throw David Moyes, Fabio Capello and Ryan Giggs into the hat if the Chron are playing 'let's link as many managers as we can to the Oldham vacancy'

Steve Evans ... clutching at straws ... no chance

:censored: me...we might as well throw David Moyes, Fabio Capello and Ryan Giggs into the hat if the Chron are playing 'let's link as many managers as we can to the Oldham vacancy'

Steve Evans ... clutching at pies... no chance

FTFY

They've not just made it up, mate.

There will have obviously been some level of discussions or at the very least he'll have been mentioned as a target within the club.

To be fair to the Chron, the article does say that Latics chances of getting him may be hampered by the wages he's been used to earning at previous clubs.

I'd suspect they have probably spoken to him, and several others, and decided that he's someone they'd be very interested in. That conversation probably didn't include any detailed salary discussions, which would happen at the next stage of the process. That's probably the point at which they'll not be able to reach an agreement with him.

They've not just made it up, mate.

There will have obviously been some level of discussions or at the very least he'll have been mentioned as a target within the club.

Discussions maybe...

SC - "Hi Steve, do you fancy the job as Oldham's manager?

SE - "No chance, thanks"

SC - "...but we'll pay you X with a playing budget of Y"

SE - ......after five minutes of laughing down the phone.... ":censored: me, did you get relegated last season then?! Definitely no chance but thanks for the call as that's made me right chuckle"

Mmm I would agree with you if and when it was suggested by someone on here as a potential manager. But the fact that the Chron are reporting it suggests that he may actually be interested in it which pleasantly surprises me a little.

Sorry I'm not being facetious but perhaps the club have put Evans on our wish list or target list but can I add a few too?! Might as well aim high even though we've got no chance.

The Chron may be simply quoting a source but shoving Evans face on the back page is just to get fans to buy the paper of click the website with a totally misleading article as there is no chance he'll come here.

To be fair to the Chron, the article does say that Latics chances of getting him may be hampered by the wages he's been used to earning at previous clubs.

I'd suspect they have probably spoken to him, and several others, and decided that he's someone they'd be very interested in. That conversation probably didn't include any detailed salary discussions, which would happen at the next stage of the process. That's probably the point at which they'll not be able to reach an agreement with him.

He is out of work, and 6 months wages until he moves on to another job might appeal to him.

Sorry I'm not being facetious but perhaps the club have put Evans on our wish list or target list but can I add a few too?! Might as well aim high even though we've got no chance.

The Chron may be simply quoting a source but shoving Evans face on the back page is just to get fans to buy the paper of click the website with a totally misleading article as there is no chance he'll come here.

It's Steve Evans pal not Steve Gerrard, he's hardly a giant of the English game.

Latest news on the OS

'Oldham Athletic have agreed terms with Carl Winchester to remain with the club next season.'

Six days now!!!!! FFS. Can we have an update on the hunt for a new manager?

Update: we have interviewed several strong candidates and as yet we have not offered the job to anybody who has as yet accepted Edited by Magister