New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

McCall is more likely to end up at Bradford where he would have a much bigger budget and a better chance of success.

He's also odds on 2nd fav for the 'Valley Parade' job.

They'll go for a bigger name.

Mccall is an interesting one. Failed in England but did brilliantly in Scotland.

Always worked on small budgets too. Not a bad name either.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall is more likely to end up at Bradford where he would have a much bigger budget and a better chance of success.

He's also odds on 2nd fav for the 'Valley Parade' job.

I don't think that is necessarily a given otherwise Ritchie would have had twelve stints as our manager based on his past links and older fans misty eyed memories.

To say we are heading for oblivion that is quite an impressive list.

Got to agree with that. Apart from Feeney, I'd be relatively comfortable with any of them. Some more than others, obviously.

Whilst it is ideal to want to give the new manager plenty of time and take the long term view, in our current situation of an entire squad, the better choice is the manager with the best contacts book. Obviously we don't know who that is.

McCall would seem to be a real coup. No one we get will have a perfect record.

Stuart McCall is the other name says Alan Nixon in the sun. Warren feeney, frankie Bunn, Neil redfearn are the other names interviewed apparently

We're concluding that the shortlist of 7 was Adams, Bunn, Feeney, McCall, Redfearn, Shirtliff, and a quick phone call to Dowie?

We're concluding that the shortlist of 7 was Adams, Bunn, Feeney, McCall, Redfearn, Shirtliff, and a quick phone call to Dowie?

Out of that list Feeney is the only one that I think would be a non-starter. His records with Linfield and Newport have hardly set the world alight and his previous history with us would not get fans on his side.

The rest are flawed but all clearly have something about them. McCall is an intriguing one, he clearly did a good job at Motherwell and comes across well when on the telly. Anyone know why it didn't work out at Bradford?

Obviously he has an affinity to Bradford and is 2nd tag for their job too, but the fact that he was sacked by them previously and that their owners seem to have Rosler lined up would explain why he would look towards our job first.

I'm just relieved i've heard of them all and they have some reasonable level of experience. Six of them also have connections to the club, which makes it a little easier because they'll already know what miserable gets we are.

I'd be reasonably happy with McCall, but I'm not sure I can get behind that horrendous middle parting.

If he wins his first game, you'll be down to your local barbers sharpish on Monday (or would that be a unisex hairdressers) for the same.