New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one is described as 'standout' what are we waiting for? He stands out. Therefore he is the outstanding person. Therefore we have a winner. and the winner is the one who stands out....

Adams and Bunn are both similar in age, club connections as well-respected players, with lots of experience in managing and coaching youth players. I can't put anything between them, so it would go to personality and the impression they give. Both come across as a little softly spoken, as nice people. I can't choose, having never really met them.

Dowie is totally different. He always strikes me as ideal for a third division club. Strong personality, good at organizing and motivating. Articulate. No nonsense. However, i don't think he's the modern coach with the others might be.

So, in conclusion, i don't know. But the club does, because there is a standout candidate. What are we waiting for???????

Not that i'm taking away from this rather random sub-conversation...

We're down to three candidates, most likely...

Neil Adams

Frankie Bunn

Iain Dowie?

Who would people choose? None of them jump out, I think I'd go for Adams myself.

I'll go Octopus, followed by Wild Boar then Adams I guess

In all honesty, if Dowie gets it and I've spoken to him in the past then either he's really desperate and his other activities are struggling or Corney has found an oil well behind the Chaddy End

If it's Adams then we'll plunder Norwich's stiffs and youth as the club owe him big time and Uncle Joe will give us a hand via Everton now they're loadsamoney

Edited by Midsblue

If one is described as 'standout' what are we waiting for? He stands out. Therefore he is the outstanding person. Therefore we have a winner. and the winner is the one who stands out....

Adams and Bunn are both similar in age, club connections as well-respected players, with lots of experience in managing and coaching youth players. I can't put anything between them, so it would go to personality and the impression they give. Both come across as a little softly spoken, as nice people. I can't choose, having never really met them.

Dowie is totally different. He always strikes me as ideal for a third division club. Strong personality, good at organizing and motivating. Articulate. No nonsense. However, i don't think he's the modern coach with the others might be.

So, in conclusion, i don't know. But the club does, because there is a standout candidate. What are we waiting for???????

The money to pay for them?

Not that i'm taking away from this rather random sub-conversation...

We're down to three candidates, most likely...

Neil Adams

Frankie Bunn

Iain Dowie?

Who would people choose? None of them jump out, I think I'd go for Adams myself.

"The Chronicle can reveal that Adams ­- said to be very keen on the role ­- ­was interviewed by club directors yesterday."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/98496/adams-in-job-talks

I presume, at least as a matter of courtesy, that Shirtliff has been interviewed, and that Dowie has been contacted by Corney. Wonder who the other 3 interviewees were?

If it's down to three, and the general opinion is that two of them are Adams and Bunn, is it reasonable to assume that the third may be Shirtliff and not Dowie. Didn't Dowie say on Pointless that he would be at the Euros as mentioned by Latics_Fanatic?

Ask Alan Nixon about the new manager and if Adams was a done deal. He said don't think they have picked yet but a latecomer has a real chance who he described as a good name

Also says the latecomer will be in the paper potentially tomorrow.

Edited by adamoafc

Might be Sherringham? Or James Beattie,.. :-/

The former was sacked, I remember the statement said he was very unlucky with injuries - it was slightly strange.

What if it's.... SCHOLES!

Beattie did OK at Accrington in tricky circumstances, Sheringham got a Westley team to play decent football but completely ripped up their solid defence in the process.

Stuart McCall is the other name says Alan Nixon in the sun. Warren feeney, frankie Bunn, Neil redfearn are the other names interviewed apparently

Out of that lot, McCall would be my choice. I can't see Feeney getting the fans on his side, Bunn is looking for a step up and could be a gamble whilst Redfearn looks like another very good coach but not quite a manager.