New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Auntie Beeb, McCall has "agreed in principle" which could be confirmed this weekend. Unfortunately, my work PC won't let me post a link. (We're still using quills down 'ere tha nos. Bic biros will be used in the coming years if they catch on.)

If we are spending money on Evens the manager it casts a different light on why Shez left - obviously not the money but maybe being told by SC that Evens the player has been signed and Shez spat the dummy.

Seriously though the money spent on Evens the managers wage would strongly suggest that maybe the budget is not as bad as we have been presuming.

Pure speculation - 100% no facts were used in the making of this post

If we are spending money on Evens the manager it casts a different light on why Shez left - obviously not the money but maybe being told by SC that Evens the player has been signed and Shez spat the dummy.

Seriously though the money spent on Evens the managers wage would strongly suggest that maybe the budget is not as bad as we have been presuming.

It's odd how you spell them both Evens..

I'm pretty sure that Evans has said in one of his quotes that it's not to do with money. He doesn't have to work straight away, but is looking for another challenge. I think that was the gist of it anyway, but I can't find it.

Thanks for the link, Mark59.

Edited by Bristolatic

What would you like ? "As you know we are interviewing for a new manager."

Arsey for the sake of it. Six :censored:ing days of the same headline!

Yes, I'd like an update. Why the :censored: not? It wouldn't kill them.

I'd also like a web site that us updated more than once a week. Hardly asking for a lot.

Can't get evens anymore. 1/2...

According to Twitter, the 768 post was at 2:42am on the 14th. Thw owtb one quoted above is dated 11:02am on the 14th. So, either you copied the Twitter post, or ......

Just saying, :smoking:

Not a good detective are you?

My post was 9.15am and if you check 768's twitter account the time clock on posts is wrong - out by 8 hours

'just saying' :smoking:

possibley still getting money from Dirtyleeds how long was his contract ? payout might be enough that he doesent need a big wage once hes "invested off shore " keeps his tax liability's down

"THE WAIT goes on for Athletic to finalise a deal for a new manager ­- but the club hope to have a new face installed by tomorrow", according to today's Chron.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/98552/waiting-game

That article in fact says that Evans has not spoken to Latics before this morning?

I'd also like a web site that us updated more than once a week. Hardly asking for a lot.

You already know they're looking for a new manager. No update needed till he's appointed.

What do you want to be updated on apart from that? What few players and staff we have are on holiday

Do you really look at the website for news?

Anything that ever happens appears on here or Twitter way before it's ever made official...

I'm pretty sure that Evans has said in one of his quotes that it's not to do with money. He doesn't have to work straight away, but is looking for another challenge. I think that was the gist of it anyway, but I can't find it.

Hopefully, contrary to the perception of him being a bit of a :censored:, he'll be happy take the usual £60k p.a and simply be up for the work and the challenge.

We'll probably need him to if this is to actually happen :grin:

The club have abandoned updating the website for now in favour of just communicating managerial updates directly to Ibby apparently.

If you follow him on Twitter, you'll discover that he spoke to someone at the club this morning for an update.

Evans isn't coming as he has 3 offers in a higher division and the job is going to Dowie with Bunn as his assistant.

The club have abandoned updating the website for now in favour of just communicating managerial updates directly to Ibby apparently.

If you follow him on Twitter, you'll discover that he spoke to someone at the club this morning for an update.

Evans isn't coming as he has 3 offers in a higher division and the job is going to Dowie with Bunn as his assistant.

Who is that clown? I followed him on twitter after he was mentioned on here and he removed me then same again and now blocked me even though I've never tweeted him hahaha

He's a Dowie evangelist who seems to believe if he states that Dowie has got the job often enough it will come true.

Used to be known as Royle Army on here (amongst other user names) before he was banned.