New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defence, Old Hallam (not a pop at you, btw), is that it appears they are holding the club responsible for Evans backing out. One excuse for packing it all in, I guess. Sorry, but I honestly cannot see how the club are at fault here. They obviously wanted the man and he agreed to the terms we offered. Can't do a lot more than that.

A massive lack of judgement in all these recent managerial negotiations. Talking to 4 long term supporters today and three close to calling it a day. "Lack of hope." ... "Dont trust the club."....."Treating people with contempt." ........"Better things to do frankly its a waste of time." No real defence to those remarks. Only sharing as none post on here.

I genuinely can't believe some messages on here and on Twitter. ?? fans want a proven manager we go for one, people moan because it's not one they would pick. Then when we tell him to do one as he wants more staff than agreed and wants to wait before accepting as he still thinks he can get the forest job we all lose our heads again!! ?? Club can never win sometimes.

Edited by adamoafc

I'd love Coleman to give another chance at this level. However, I think it will be Frankie Bunn with Shirtliff assistant

I'm not sure they can take a chance with someone like Bunn now after seemingly getting so far down the road with Evans, would go down like a lead balloon and we need someone who can come in and hit the ground running with recruitment.

I genuinely can't believe some messages on here and on Twitter. ?? fans want a proven manager we go for one, people moan because it's not one they would pick. Then when we tell him to do one as he wants more staff than agreed and wants to wait before accepting as he still thinks he can get the forest job we all lose our heads again!! ?? Club can never win sometimes.

Agreed

The club made a genuine attempt to get in a good manager but know they can't afford to be held to ransom with 6 weeks until the start of the season.

As frustrating as it is I'd feel a bit hypocritical criticising Corney and Co for trying to bring in successful and proven manager, certainly one we never thought we'd get weeks ago, given all the :censored: they'd have taken if we went for the cheap option as we have in previous seasons.

It's :censored: all around, the board are probably just a frustrated as us.

Edited by PlayItLivo

The club made a genuine attempt to get in a good manager but know they can't afford to be held to ransom with 6 weeks until the start of the season.

As frustrating as it is I'd feel a bit hypocritical criticising Corney and Co for trying to bring in successful and proven manager, certainly one we never thought we'd get weeks ago, given all the :censored: they'd have taken if we went for the cheap option as we have in previous seasons.

Agree with that.

Club have done nothing wrong here. Change the record.

I'm the boards biggest critic but if he's holding out for something - we can't afford to wait. No fault of our own and congratulations for at least trying to get a proven manager.....

Bang on, everyone there.

Its gonna be Dowie isn't it.

You're paying too much attention to the Gospel according to Ibby. Stop it. Now. :grin:

The kit man has just tweeted with regards to the 3 keepers that have left ... using the hash tag #propercoaching!

is that a dig at our ex keeper coach or a dig at the club?

Congratulations @joelcoleman33 & @chrisrenshaww all the best boys #proper coaching now

Congratulations @DavidJCornell0 on your move @ntfc proper GK coach @P_Kenny1

Edited by thetramdriver

The kit man has just tweeted with regards to the 3 keepers that have left ... using the hash tag #propercoaching!

is that a dig at our ex keeper coach or a dig at the club?

Congratulations @joelcoleman33 & @chrisrenshaww all the best boys #proper coaching now

Congratulations @DavidJCornell0 on your move @ntfc proper GK coach @P_Kenny1

Sounds like dig at GK coach white might not have got on

The amount of time you've been on here and Twitter considering you're in Mexico is nothing short of pathetic. Why don't you just enjoy your holiday... ?

The Mexican Mafia have held him hostage and are torturing him with Forum Posts and News from the club.

Its gonna be Dowie isn't it.

We need someone who is going to galvanise the club (again). He'll need to hit the ground running. A big personality. We need someone to go hard or go home...so, yes, i think a Dowie-esque character is needed.

I also think it is very unfair to blame the club. It looks like they've really tried to pull off what would've been a bit of a coup. Hats off for showing some ambition......fat bastard.

Well said.

Most clubs take a month to get their man (Unless they are sacking someone and have another lined up, which was clearly not on our case)

In recent weeks alone Forest , Charlton, Reading, Bolton have all taken longer than us so far.

The problem is, negotiations leaked out, so it felt an age.

That said, the genie is out of the bottle. They can't afford to go back to a cheaper inexperienced option against the experience of Evans.

It may be someone may appear out of the woodwork who may not have thought it viable before.

So who is comparable, available and happy with the budget/salary? Not that many.

Edited by singe

If you believe that we agreed terms with a Evans that is 6 managers in 15 months with whom we have agreed terms....yet we do not have a manager. To me that begs fundamental questions about the club, not a shrugging of shoulders that the club did its best , not accusations of disrespect by Evans and certainly not a belief that the club is well run and that the world is somehow conspiring against us

If you believe that we agreed terms with a Evans that is 6 managers in 15 months with whom we have agreed terms....yet we do not have a manager. To me that begs fundamental questions about the club, not a shrugging of shoulders that the club did its best , not accusations of disrespect by Evans and certainly not a belief that the club is well run and that the world is somehow conspiring against us

A bit contrived.....