Rhys Murphy

Totally disagree...i thought a lot of his runs were excellent, just went unseen 90% of the time. You can see he learnt at a high level if you actually focus on him for 15-20 mins

I think that most of us are guilty of following the ball whilst watching. Anyone trained at Arsenal will make decent runs. Mind you didnt Poleon start at Chelsea?

Edit Just seen that Poleon was released by Chelsea in his later years at school and went to Southend

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that most of us are guilty of following the ball whilst watching. Anyone trained at Arsenal will make decent runs.

Agreed people generally ball watch but last couple of years, ive been that bored watching some of the games, i've focussed on the boo boys here and there.

I usee to be a striker (only ever amateur) so its usually the strikers I look at. Generally those that get the grief (poleon / murphy / rooney) dont do a lot wrong....

Totally disagree...i thought a lot of his runs were excellent, just went unseen 90% of the time. You can sew he learnt at a high level if you actually focus on him for 15-20 mins

Completely agree. His movement across the back four was excellent, always on the shoulder just waiting for the right ball. Unfortunately because nobody gave him that pass it means he's wank. Latics logic

Completely agree. His movement across the back four was excellent, always on the shoulder just waiting for the right ball. Unfortunately because nobody gave him that pass it means he's wank. Latics logic

Couldn't sum it up better myself.

Several times a game you can see him making clever runs but he's never seen by our players. Then when he gets it hoofed to him and doesn't win a header against a lad twice his size he's :censored:e

Thirded.

Look at the highlights from yesterday:

Last shoulder of the defence and he has a tap-in, and then for the second goal he's intelligent enough to hang back from the defender's header so he can collect the ball to run with it. Shows that he's a clever player and his movement is excellent. Just look at every goal he's scored for Crawley. They all display the same skills.

Probably only works in a positive-minded team though.

Thirded.

Look at the highlights from yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjAfm2_VxG4&feature=youtu.be

Last shoulder of the defence and he has a tap-in, and then for the second goal he's intelligent enough to hang back from the defender's header so he can collect the ball to run with it. Shows that he's a clever player and his movement is excellent. Just look at every goal he's scored for Crawley. They all display the same skills.

Probably only works in a positive-minded team though.

He'd have got moaned at for not winning that header here...

On who's should? His anticipation of the ball was absolutely wank in every performance I saw from him, either 3 yards behind or 3 years in front everytime the ball was played to him.

Surely this is the purpose of a loan deal though, if he does well (as he is...) we get him back in Jan and give him another go.

On the shoulder of the centre half.

Each time I saw him he took up good positions and made good runs, none of which were seen nor anticipated. In short he is too intellegent for us.

If he comes back our management will almost certainly stick him up front as a lone striker and hoof it to him.

Why do I think this - because that is the way this management team think.

So, what are you suggesting? Leave him on loan until we start winning a few games? How long do we wait?

And is League One really that much of a step up from League Two?

Of course not. But if he comes back he is not going to start scoring for fun in this side and set up. We need to look at the way we are playing too.

Difference between League 1 and League 2? that is a million dollar question. I think it is a step up though for a striker. I guess there are stats that support it and those that don't.

Edited by singe