Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't a goal machine when we sent him to be fair!

Very true, but he had just broken his league scoring duck.

A spell out on loan wasn't the most surprising move of the year but the timing felt wrong. I'm sure the general consensus on here was that we were hoping he'd kick on at that point.

Anyway, water under the bridge now. Either he comes back (and hopefully continues scoring) or we sell him to pay a couple of weeks wages.

Would he be scoring goals for us now if he was playing because I don't think even Andy Ritchie in his prime would be scoring regularly in this team right now.

...and Crawley are playing like Barcelona.

They would be in the relegation zone were it not for his goals, good job we aren't

Oh hang on a minute!

...and Crawley are playing like Barcelona.

They would be in the relegation zone were it not for his goals, good job we aren't

Oh hang on a minute!

The point I'm making is not a criticism of Murphy as such but the way we are collectively playing which is awful. we don't Watch crawley so we don't know what chemistry he has with their players and the way they play.

Jonathon Forte hasn't been a very regular goal scorer prior to his stint in the first half of last season he had the like of Winchester and Jones playing through balls for him and he starts scoring regularly.

This is my worry for when Forte gets back are we going to find his runs. The last couple of home games I've seen we've had poleon up top not once have we threaded a ball through to him to get in a sprint against a league 1 centre half something he will win 9 times out of 10. When Adam Rooney was here he needed service from crosses we didn't provide him with that the right striker needs the right service.

All strikers are going to struggle in this team at the moment. If we brought him back Wed probably pass the ball side ways a bit and then lump it over his head.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The point I'm making is not a criticism of Murphy as such but the way we are collectively playing which is awful. we don't Watch crawley so we don't know what chemistry he has with their players and the way they play.

Jonathon Forte hasn't been a very regular goal scorer prior to his stint in the first half of last season he had the like of Winchester and Jones playing through balls for him and he starts scoring regularly.

This is my worry for when Forte gets back are we going to find his runs. The last couple of home games I've seen we've had poleon up top not once have we threaded a ball through to him to get in a sprint against a league 1 centre half something he will win 9 times out of 10. When Adam Rooney was here he needed service from crosses we didn't provide him with that the right striker needs the right service.

All strikers are going to struggle in this team at the moment. If we brought him back Wed probably pass the ball side ways a bit and then lump it over his head.

Point taken.

However when he went to Crawley they were in the relegation zone and are now 15th thanks in part to his goals.

As for the midfield they have only had statues to aim at in Higdon and Fuller.

Either that or Poleon who's first touch is the worst I have ever seen in an Oldham shirt

It amazes me that people can quickly write off a player who hardly got a chance. He never got a proper run in the team and I would have liked to see more of him in a latics shirt. I suspect the fans who have decided he is :censored: are the same ones who didnt rate rooney. Rooney was scoring goals before we signed him and is scoring goals after he has left. Murphy is arguably doing the same. Perhaps the problem isnt the players but managers not using players to the best of their ability