Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allowed to play today so is now cuptied....almost certainly rules out any move back in my opinion.

Was thinking about past comments on here about him 'finding his level' scoring in league 2....we really showed league 2 how bad it is today didnt we?!

So, by the same token, Liverpool and Everton in recent years, proved that League One standard is exactly the same as Premier League. Not to mention all the other instances of lower league teams beating higher division opposition.

Comparing 'levels' by using Cup Games does NOT stack up!!

It's obvious we are going to face massive upheaval of the team. Again.

What Dunn wants, Dunn gets it would seem.

Mind you I'm of the opinion every manager has been backed pretty much into many of their signings, but it is a revolving door.

It does make you think how many quality players we could have bought over the last decade, if we could find a manager with a decent record of getting players to do their jobs.

It's obvious we are going to face massive upheaval of the SQUAD. (team.) Again.

What Dunn wants, Dunn gets it would seem.

Mind you I'm of the opinion every manager has been backed pretty much into many of their signings, but it is a revolving door.

It does make you think how many quality players we could have bought over the last decade, if we could find a manager with a decent record of getting players to do their jobs.

Hopefully Dunn will be that 1 but if he is then he will be poached or 'sold'

• 2 weeks later...

With Murphy's good positional sense and with the right service I think he'd make the perfect striking partner for Higdon in a 2 man strike force,picking up on the big man's flick ons with his intelligent runs and movement.However,I think Higdon will have gone back to the Blades and Murphy sold for a nominal fee in January.

There's generally 5 reasons why a club would send a player out on loan:

1. Player development

2. With a view to a permanent move

3. Wage bill

4. Out of favour

5. Out of form

Player development is usually a youth loan and I don't think Murphy's wage is a problem. He was definitley out of favour, and some would argue out of form, but - usually - form and selection go hand in hand.

Murphy is scoring goals. Therefore, unless a 'with a view to a permanent move' deal was agreed before the loan, the club should be recalling the player.

Murphy was out of form and out of favour. The loan move has been a success. Give the guy a second chance.

There's generally 5 reasons why a club would send a player out on loan:

1. Player development

2. With a view to a permanent move

3. Wage bill

4. Out of favour

5. Out of form

Player development is usually a youth loan and I don't think Murphy's wage is a problem. He was definitley out of favour, and some would argue out of form, but - usually - form and selection go hand in hand.

Murphy is scoring goals. Therefore, unless a 'with a view to a permanent move' deal was agreed before the loan, the club should be recalling the player.

Murphy was out of form and out of favour. The loan move has been a success. Give the guy a second chance.

You are right, of course. But bringing him back now, and his confidence will go right back to what it was when we sent him on loan. The crowd will want him to do the same in a higher league, and because we are playing badly, expect him to do so.

He was very often brought on as a no.10. Seldom given a chance on his natural position, on the shoulder.

On who's should? His anticipation of the ball was absolutely wank in every performance I saw from him, either 3 yards behind or 3 years in front everytime the ball was played to him.

Surely this is the purpose of a loan deal though, if he does well (as he is...) we get him back in Jan and give him another go.

You are right, of course. But bringing him back now, and his confidence will go right back to what it was when we sent him on loan. The crowd will want him to do the same in a higher league, and because we are playing badly, expect him to do so.

So, what are you suggesting? Leave him on loan until we start winning a few games? How long do we wait?

And is League One really that much of a step up from League Two?

Chris O'Grady is beginning to spring to mind here. Out of favour fans wanted him gone within the first few months and goes out on loan and bangs them in.

I hope for the first time I can remember (or ever?) we actually do this properly and bring back and PLAY a loan player whose loan has done what it was supposed to for him & us.

If it was the case that he wanted out permanently and we were ok with that Dunn needs to MANAGE that situation and talk him into staying.

How much would we need to pay for any of the other League 2 strikers with a similar record?

On who's should? His anticipation of the ball was absolutely wank in every performance I saw from him, either 3 yards behind or 3 years in front everytime the ball was played to him.

Surely this is the purpose of a loan deal though, if he does well (as he is...) we get him back in Jan and give him another go.

Totally disagree...i thought a lot of his runs were excellent, just went unseen 90% of the time. You can sew he learnt at a high level if you actually focus on him for 15-20 mins Edited by Fruitygoo