The last time i looked forward to watching latics every week was when the Broadway stand was still up ...Matchday experiance was great. crowded but adequate bar , loads of opinions aired (half time and full time)attacking football on the pitdh ...(liddle, warne, welllens), God we've seen some sh** since then... Freezing cold open air pints in the rocky....screaming at Dean Brill that he's left his goal wide open from free kicks only to see the ball fly in...and clapping Gregan off is all we've had since then. Yeah we've had tiny positive blips but . watching latics these days with all the loanees is not that far above pub football when the manager chucks a few ringers in that no one knows or has an affinity with because there gone tomorrow (step forward the guy with the dreads ..scored for us at Rochdale and against us for Preston) ...Watching football shouldnt be a chore!

Please let this new stand herald a new era!

And yes I know i dont have go but since the lookers came down 4 thousand people Haven't

With 6 home games played we're averaging 3131 which isn't bad in our 3rd season in the conference north, especially when you consider the visiting support is often around a dozen. Whether or not your crowds would hold up as well is something I hope you never have to find out.

With 6 home games played we're averaging 3131 which isn't bad in our 3rd season in the conference north, especially when you consider the visiting support is often around a dozen. Whether or not your crowds would hold up as well is something I hope you never have to find out.

With that sort of support, surely success is due to you.

Good to hear China, and good to see Flynnie involved. Think I last saw you up here when our mutual friend Mr.Wright was over from Bradford.

Thanks for that Sheridan (I think) although I find your hatred puzzling as we never really had a rivalry since maybe the 60s and we were pretty much miles apart during the hooligan years of the 70s and 80s when a lot of rivalries developed. Anyway I'd take getting stuffed by Latics and Rochdale right now, it's definitely better than getting stuffed by Stalybridge!

Hi Max, are you still in touch with Wrighty? I might pop over again this season if you've not already played them, I'll definitely get a match in when we have a free Saturday.

Disjointed, we're still in debt so our 3000 are pretty much needed to service that debt, the problem in our division is if someone puts £500k into Brackley for instance it goes straight into the squad, in our case it would be swallowed up which is deterring investment, things are improving though.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that Sheridan (I think) although I find your hatred puzzling as we never really had a rivalry since maybe the 60s and we were pretty much miles apart during the hooligan years of the 70s and 80s when a lot of rivalries developed. Anyway I'd take getting stuffed by Latics and Rochdale right now, it's definitely better than getting stuffed by Stalybridge!

Hi Max, are you still in touch with Wrighty? I might pop over again this season if you've not already played them, I'll definitely get a match in when we have a free Saturday.

Hi China,sorry I missed this.still in touch yes,we are there 16th January.

After supporting OAFC for around 50 years I am very close to calling it a day. I'm forced to sit in a stand I don't want to sit in with 0 atmosphere now that the north stand is open. The manager chooses to play towards the Chaddy second half which reduces any build up of noise which helps the players when trying to get back in the game. The play is far too slow and ponderous. Never much goal mouth action unless it's a corner.It's boring. I've supported SC in the past, but realise that his life is in the USA and we are just one of his businesses, and one he would really like to get rid of.

[quote name="al_bro" post="811898" timestamp=". The manager chooses to play towards the Chaddy second half which reduces any build up of noise which helps the players when trying to get back in the game.

/quote]

Must admit I thought that was because we had lost the toss

After supporting OAFC for around 50 years I am very close to calling it a day. I'm forced to sit in a stand I don't want to sit in with 0 atmosphere now that the north stand is open. The manager chooses to play towards the Chaddy second half which reduces any build up of noise which helps the players when trying to get back in the game. The play is far too slow and ponderous. Never much goal mouth action unless it's a corner.It's boring. I've supported SC in the past, but realise that his life is in the USA and we are just one of his businesses, and one he would really like to get rid of.

Everything in this post is spot on, but, although I agree Oldham fans should still be in the Chaddy, it hardly gave us much benefit kicking that way in recent years. It was dead.

Must admit I thought that was because we had lost the toss

Unless it has changed when you win the toss you decide which way to kick and the other team gets kick off. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I prefer it as I sit near chaddy end though lol

Everything in this post is spot on, but, although I agree Oldham fans should still be in the Chaddy, it hardly gave us much benefit kicking that way in recent years. It was dead.

We wouldn't score many kicking to the home end both halves.