TAXI FOR DUNN!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more inclined to think that the players were overperforming for a period last season, the before and after is more indicative of their ability.

I'm not so sure. Mills had been good for us even before last season. Wilson is well-known for being soft as :censored: - when the going gets tough he's found wanting - Jones is a consistently good player and the way he's been used has limited him as much as anything, Winchester has been on-and-off but he wasn't consistently brilliant last season, he had players performing well around him when he was average.

We've brought in decent replacements, too. Yeates is a very solid player at this level, so is Higdon, Poleon has come on, Philliskirk is being Philliskirk and we've got rid of Brown for someone better. I just can't see how this is worse.

To me, it fits that when Johnson left we turned to :censored:. Yes we were poor over Christmas and slumped a bit, but every team has a period like that, and we recovered. The real downturn has come since he left.

We are now in the bottom four.

As four teams below us won I think you will find we are 21st.

Crewe beat us by more than 3 goals and they will overtake us,after signing a proven striker, Swindon have already, after appointing an experienced manager.

Yep. At least it was entertaining in the 2nd half with all out attack tactics. I thought that was what everyone wanted! If we'd have had a keeper who knows what would have happened.

I thought everyone wanted that too (not me, I'm a 4-5-1 fan). Did people enjoy the game today then?

Comedy club defending and Cornell, Jesus he's not even a good pub standard keeper.

I was getting de javu crosses kept coming in and I kept seeing the ball trickle over the line with Cornell stuck unable to move.

That's as poor a keeping performance I've seen since Dean Brill was here.

Mills, Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Cassidy, Dieng, Philiskirk, Poleon. All contracted talented players. Whilst not world beaters they are players who managed well should be free from relegation troubles.

At the moment we are certs to go down.

How many of them would improve one of the sides above us?