Players not paid?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually agree Harry, the board have put this out there to let us know the low attendances have contributed to the players not being paid on time. This is the board telling us we are going to sell players in January and also to let us know we can't afford to sack Dunn!!

All of our players have already been for sale for ages. Dunn will have 1 brief-get us to the FA Cup 3rd round draw, that's where the money is!

I am not saying at this current moment that he will but that is all that the club is bothered about. We need the money.

And how many goals have we had in return for this investment? Or games for that matter?? Latvian Eddie was as worthwhile a use of funds

Silly comment.....playershare is there to help the manager sign a player from what I understand not give advice on who to sign! If a signing works or doesn't work that's not a playershare issue.

Edited by super_blue

All of our players have already been for sale for ages. Dunn will have 1 brief-get us to the FA Cup 3rd round draw, that's where the money is!

I am not saying at this current moment that he will but that is all that the club is bothered about. We need the money.

If the club was more bothered about progession in the cup surely they would of got rid of Dunn after Saturday? Whats going to change, do people not think Sheff Utd are turning up Saturday? As it stands we will get battered at Bramhall Lane.

Wouldn't surprise me if Corney has put this story out there. Blame low gates for players not being paid to try to make us feel guilty.

Why make the Southend game a fiver if the players and more importantly back room staff haven't been paid on time?

Absolutely spot on. He is, after all a blood-drinking, shape-shifting lizard from the constellation Draco and he's after stealing Earth's mineral resources.

Whats the Trusts position on this then? Isn't part of the point of the whole Trust and the appointed fan on the board to safeguard against such things, finding out third hand from The Sun newspaper hardly smacks of transparency.

:shock: We have a trust ? :who:

Edited by oafc0000

Dear Yarddog, the trust have issued a statement on our official site. It's short but I can assure you does not depreciate how important we are taking this matter on board

By Simon Brooke December 1, 2015 0 Comments

Read More →

Trust Statement: Wages

The news that the wages have been delayed is obviously disappointing, more than anyone for the staff and players involved.

The club have assured us that this is a temporary cash flow situation and should be resolved within the next 48 hours. We are continuing to work closely with the club to monitor the situation.

So basically it was as much as news to you as it was to us...

So basically it was as much as news to you as it was to us...

Exactly, third hand from The Sun.

Its been reported this happened for the previous two months, couldn't see the statements regarding missed payments for those two months.

Edited by yarddog73

The trust were made aware that there was a news story about to break 24 hours earlier.

What do you want the Trust board to do??? go PSSTT everyone big story everyone about to break?? ooooo. Imagine if this was you and you did that on social media to your employer....these days there are implications with it all and we want to work with the club not alienate.

We work with the club and your representative is there every Tuesday giving up his own time to ensure we are made aware of any impending issues, developments and if need be, be on hand to help.

As far as the trust was aware it was a cash flow issue and we are monitoring the situation.

The trust were made aware that there was a news story about to break 24 hours earlier.

What do you want the Trust board to do??? go PSSTT everyone big story everyone about to break?? ooooo. Imagine if this was you and you did that on social media to your employer....these days there are implications with it all and we want to work with the club not alienate.

We work with the club and your representative is there every Tuesday giving up his own time to ensure we are made aware of any impending issues, developments and if need be, be on hand to help.

As far as the trust was aware it was a cash flow issue and we are monitoring the situation.

No point in rising to people that think they deserve to know every last detail or those that dont even bother with the club anymore only to turn up on a message board when something negative happens. If they were that arsed they would be on the trust with you...

What do you want the Trust board to do??? go PSSTT everyone big story everyone about to break??

Well.... Why not...

If it came from the trust it would of done two things... It would of shown the trust truly has its finger on the pulse. It would of also allowed the Trust to put the true situation out there and manage the story properly.

Either... Nothing to see here, just the usal cash flow issue most clubs are going through. OR The club is truly back in the :censored:... Or OR whatever the truth is....

Either way it would of cut out eight pages of speculation and would of put control of the story into your own hands.

What it showed to me is that your are no more informed than we are.... You are being told by the club the situation rather than being part and parcel of the club. While this maybe true or not, it is how it looks.... And if that is the case then it brings back all the old questions of what is the point of the trust given its stated aims of giving the fans a voice and a level of transparency in the boardroom.

Edited by oafc0000

Not possible. Would breach the rules on third party ownership

Yup... and as a result we are best keeping the money to ourselves rather than hand it over to Corney.

We could of spent the last 11? years creating a war chest instead of wasting it away like we have. Still bitter all that money we raised at the start was thrown away on useless shares which have given us anything. 11? years on and we still haven't learnt anything....

Edited by oafc0000

Nothing has changed around here I see :)

The trust being scared about rocking the boat with the club (or its employer - lol) is one of the reasons why it isn't fit for purpose. But I have said that many times before...

I have no problem with that opinion, I don't fully agree but each to their own.

What I have a problem with is comments like "we have a trust?" When Underdog on here gives regular updates. I wouldn't blame the trust volunteers for packing it in when they receive comments like that.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh