Players not paid?

I have no problem with that opinion, I don't fully agree but each to their own.

What I have a problem with is comments like "we have a trust?" When Underdog on here gives regular updates. I wouldn't blame the trust volunteers for packing it in when they receive comments like that.

No you are right it wasn't the best... I will apologise for that....

But personally I would prefer the Trust not to be there going forward... I don't think its an effective organisation... While I have personal respect for people like Underdog who clearly love the club and work hard... as an organisation its an utter failure in every way I could think of... and always has been....

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you are right it wasn't the best... I will apologise for that....

But personally I would prefer the Trust not to be there going forward... I don't think its an effective organisation... While I have personal respect for people like Underdog who clearly love the club and work hard... as an organisation its an utter failure in every way I could think of... and always has been....

I agree that I'd like it to be more influential in important club matters. For example I think the whole Ched Evans mess would've been avoided with some basic consultation with trust members.

While he can't be blamed for everything, I think the trust is still picking up the pieces from Barry's time in charge.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the trust so why would they need to make a statement? It's best to keep these sort of problems in house. Obviously this time it's been leaked and the players have now been supposedly paid. Let's move on

Issues of cash flow are not anything to do with the trust ? Really ? :blink:

While I would have the trust operating in a totally different way... Surely the whole point in the trust in its current format is to have a seat on the board taking great interest in exactly these things....

Doesn't really have anything to do with the trust so why would they need to make a statement? It's best to keep these sort of problems in house. Obviously this time it's been leaked and the players have now been supposedly paid. Let's move on

For the avoidance of any doubt, this is not a criticism of the Trust's actions on this but, as for why should they issue a statement, I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation. The Trust began as something to try and protect against a situation similar to that when Chris Moore pissed off occurring again. This sort of news clearly raises concerns in terms of the financial stability of the club and so I think it's obvious that fans would be looking for some reassurance.

Issues of cash flow are not anything to do with the trust ? Really ? :blink:

While I would have the trust operating in a totally different way... Surely the whole point in the trust in its current format is to have a seat on the board taking great interest in exactly these things....

We did have a 24/7 operative on the Board and look how that worked out.

Can you just stop whinging-we already have yarddog we dont need another, thank you

The intriguing thing is that this was news. I already knew the players had not been paid on time before this month. It is clear that the North Stand is over budget and money has been hard to find so the thinking was why not use what we have and hope cash can be generated by offering for example part season season tickets and reduced prices for attendance.

What is disappointing is that this was not just a one off and the thought that where is the money coming from for the December pay packets if we get dumped out of the cup on Saturday.

It is also disappointing that most of the posters here can't understand how much non payment of wages, deferred payment is non payment, will impact on performance particularly when 'supporters' get on your back for just doing what the manager has told you to do.

The wonderful, the great, our salvation, the North Stand could just be the reason why we get relegated this season.

We will know the depth of the problem in January if player after player is sold. Until then we will be told nothing!

The intriguing thing is that this was news. I already knew the players had not been paid on time before this month. It is clear that the North Stand is over budget and money has been hard to find so the thinking was why not use what we have and hope cash can be generated by offering for example part season season tickets and reduced prices for attendance.

What is disappointing is that this was not just a one off and the thought that where is the money coming from for the December pay packets if we get dumped out of the cup on Saturday.

It is also disappointing that most of the posters here can't understand how much non payment of wages, deferred payment is non payment, will impact on performance particularly when 'supporters' get on your back for just doing what the manager has told you to do.

The wonderful, the great, our salvation, the North Stand could just be the reason why we get relegated this season.

We will know the depth of the problem in January if player after player is sold. Until then we will be told nothing!

You kept that quiet...

Just wait till they start advertising next year's season tickets early, in a cash-grab attempt.

Like Blackpool did, look how thats ended up!

At least they can bank on the season ticket money for next season having kept the supporters on side with all thats been going on in the last 12 months ..... oops we may be in a spot of bother here.

Edited by yarddog73

I can't understand why it's taken 3 months for a director to give an explanation to a team meeting. That should have been done on the 1st instance. The talk in the dressing room must have been about wondering if they would be paid. Terrible treatment that wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

The Trust probably needs to take another look st what's its role would be if a minor cash flow problem becomes a company collapse.

Is there a fighting fund? Could it cover basic legal bills? Could it quickly mobilise a communication strategy to save the club?

I'm guessing the answer is no on all counts. Getting to a point where it would become a yes should probably be a priority.

The Trust probably needs to take another look st what's its role would be if a minor cash flow problem becomes a company collapse.

Is there a fighting fund? Could it cover basic legal bills? Could it quickly mobilise a communication strategy to save the club?

I'm guessing the answer is no on all counts. Getting to a point where it would become a yes should probably be a priority.

It should of been a priority 11 years ago... I have been saying this for a 11 years but I got laughed down :( I reckon if we had done 11 years of fund raising instead of pissing it up the wall by giving it to the club we would be in a reasonably strong position now.

Its never too late though to start doing the right thing....

With regards to war chest funds, the trust do have approx £11k in the account and the books are audited every year.

We have been unable to work on any type of hard drive fundraising initiatives over the last few season as our numbers have been few. At the AGM new members were voted in and a co-opted member too. This meant we are back up to maximum numbers. More hands, more ideas, more resources

The delay of the main stand Has put us on the back foot with regards to the fundraising drive and other promotions stuff we wanted to do. There has been a meet the manger event at the Railway, open fans forums and we did have planned for November a meet Roger Palmer drop in event in the new stand with a donation on the door (new date tba).

Up and coming joint trust/club event of party in park on the 12th of this month, were it's a chance to all fans, players,club employees to tried and shake off the doldrums and get some festive spirit and maybe kick off our season..okay, okay I know it's going to be tough one and I can only hope.

Running with party in the park is the toy/food bank imitative too.

Yes okay not all are fundraisers for trust only, but we felt our profile needed to be raised so maybe some charity, small events to be done first.

There have been ideas submitted by the fans too, OAFCTOM has suggested an end of season players/fans event like a summer fate, BBQ, games etc,we had the idea of quiz nights in the new stand and I know one of the trust committee would like to see the end of season cricket players v fans match restored.

Lots of ideas just on hold at the moment

Edited by underdog

It should of been a priority 11 years ago... I have been saying this for a 11 years but I got laughed down :( I reckon if we had done 11 years of fund raising instead of pissing it up the wall by giving it to the club we would be in a reasonably strong position now.

Its never too late though to start doing the right thing....

An interesting idea.

I've been a fan of playershare because I've trusted that the club and the manager's judgement for recruiting the player in question. Right now, going off recent times, I'm not sure that I do. Fuller doesn't look like being anything more than a bit part player and Murphy wasn't really given a good chance.

I understand it would be detrimental to the team in the short term, but would it be a possibility (or acceptable to the trust or the fans) to withhold the playershare money from the club in January as a vote of no confidence?