Players not paid?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im far from convinced at dunns abilities as a manager however this is really making the job harder. Delayed / unpaid, regardless of what this is, any manager in any company would find it a tough task if his team wasnt being paid the right amount at the right time. Have some sympathy for him there...

Player wise, regardless of what they're on, they will all have mortgages and bills to pay. As with a normal pro in any role, their cloth will be cut according to their wage. Would you be as focused in your role if you didnt know if you were getting paid? I wouldn't and i know this because its happened in the past.

What a complete cock-up this whole year is turning out to be....

Wow. It's really not that big of a deal, it's happened a number of times since Blitz left. Theres a big difference between not being paid and wages being delayed.

True, and why would Yeats sign a new contract if he didn't think he would be paid?

Wow. It's really not that big of a deal, it's happened a number of times since Blitz left. Theres a big difference between not being paid and wages being delayed.

Was a genuine question, I didn't know whether delayed or not paid or anything.

This explains the diabolical performance at Crewe, and they must have had wind of it before the Southend game as well.

What's the explanation for all the other diabolical performances? Even against Fleetwood they were second best and only put in a shift for 20 minutes at Chesterfield - thanks again Tommy Lee!

Some of the players are on as little as only £500 per week according to the Chron so go easy, ok......

some of them work for nearly 3 hours a day and most have been taking Saturdays off.

they should be paid what their contract states but I fail to feel sorry for some of the lazy overpaid :censored:ers

By the sounds of it, if we paid the players late last month, it was almost inevitable that we were going to do so again this month. I am not sure what the terms are for receiving payments from the football league/Sky (In the back of my mind I think it might be every 6 months), but unless there is a payment on the horizon you would have to imagine that we will miss the December payment too.

This is concerning and does back up the general consensus surrounding the delays to the new stand. It also shows that we are not being told the whole truth (not that we actually have any devine right to be told the truth). As Prozac points out, the delays to the stand are stopping us generating any cash, especially in the run up to Christmas. I don't know how many events have been cancelled so far but there must be a significant cost to date with additional lost revenue on a daily basis.

This is very concerning and goes to show how close to the edge this football club is at the moment.

What's the explanation for all the other diabolical performances? Even against Fleetwood they were second best and only put in a shift for 20 minutes at Chesterfield - thanks again Tommy Lee!

I admit they are pretty diabolical on a weekly basis, but I thought they were even more diabolical than normal against Crewe and Southend.

I think they may have had an idea that they were not going to get paid.before the Southend game, especially Cornell. :shifty:

Rather that than play :censored: because you havent been paid. If you dont want to play because you are not getting paid, then dont play!

if you cant put all aside for 90 minutes then you have no character anyway & will lose to teams like Crewe without a fighe anyway.

They lost and played :censored: because they are not very good and are managed poorly as has been the case all season, not because a wage was delayed.

Not in the gap between being late and being paid there isn't.

Edited by Dave_Og