Players not paid?

When the Trust were informed of this issue 24 hours before the news broke, it was not their job to tell the fans. What does concern me, however, is that they only found out this week. How can the players not have been paid on time for the last 2 months yet at least one director didn't know about it?

Edited by Latics and England

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting idea.

I've been a fan of playershare because I've trusted that the club and the manager's judgement for recruiting the player in question. Right now, going off recent times, I'm not sure that I do. Fuller doesn't look like being anything more than a bit part player and Murphy wasn't really given a good chance.

I understand it would be detrimental to the team in the short term, but would it be a possibility (or acceptable to the trust or the fans) to withhold the playershare money from the club in January as a vote of no confidence?

I can accept that recent signings have not been what we all expected, but there have been highlights too. For me personally, Elockobi, Evina(who was sold for a profit with the club reInvesting for the follow season), kuqui.

Suppose it's a personally judgment call on what players we thought worked, not worked

The playershare committee is run seperatley from the Trust and it's a question I can raise at our next meeting.

When the Trust were informed of this issue 24 hours before the news broke, it was not their job to tell the fans. What does concern me, however, is that they only found out this week. How can the players not have been paid for the last 2 months yet at least one director didn't know about it?

Hello latics, I personally don't know all the inns and outs yet as we only meet up every two months but our next meeting is planned soon and I am sure questions will be asked over this

Yes okay not all are fundraisers for trust only, but we felt our profile needed to be raised so maybe some charity, small events to be done first.

There have been ideas submitted by the fans too, OAFCTOM has suggested an end of season players/fans event like a summer fate, BBQ, games etc,we had the idea of quiz nights in the new stand and I know one of the trust committee would like to see the end of season cricket players v fans match restored.

Lots of ideas just on hold at the moment

What about a White Collar Boxing Night where you can get to punch (or be punched by) a player or staff member of your choice?

I can accept that recent signings have not been what we all expected, but there have been highlights too. For me personally, Elockobi, Evina(who was sold for a profit with the club reInvesting for the follow season), kuqui.

Suppose it's a personally judgment call on what players we thought worked, not worked

The playershare committee is run seperatley from the Trust and it's a question I can raise at our next meeting.

Thanks Underdog much appreciated.

I agree that playershare has definitely had some successes and even when it hasn't I have been able to see why the signings were made (Joksts being a good example), but unfortunately I don't trust the club's judgement at present.

I'm getting a more stable job in the new year so I'm strongly considering joining the trust when I do.

An interesting idea.

I've been a fan of playershare because I've trusted that the club and the manager's judgement for recruiting the player in question. Right now, going off recent times, I'm not sure that I do. Fuller doesn't look like being anything more than a bit part player and Murphy wasn't really given a good chance.

I understand it would be detrimental to the team in the short term, but would it be a possibility (or acceptable to the trust or the fans) to withhold the playershare money from the club in January as a vote of no confidence?

With Murphy contracted til 2017, if he keeps scoring in league 2 and he isn't fancied back here he could be sold on for a decent profit. So not one to write off just yet maybe.

There have been more positive signings than not with playershare hasn't there? Which is probably a better record than our normal signings!

Thanks Underdog much appreciated.

I agree that playershare has definitely had some successes and even when it hasn't I have been able to see why the signings were made (Joksts being a good example), but unfortunately I don't trust the club's judgement at present.

I'm getting a more stable job in the new year so I'm strongly considering joining the trust when I do.

Excellent, if you are a season ticket you are automatically a member and if your not a season ticket holder, like me it's £5 a year to join.

Or if you think you have more time, you can of course co-opt in on the board at our next meeting or there after, it's a sort of a time served apprenticeship you see how we work and vice versa. That's the way I did it and how mid-nite is trialling it out now.

You don't even have to be local, if you can offer help and support by the skills you have you can do it from afar.

PM me at anytime or you can check the trust site out too for more info/historical stuff. Go to:

www.trustoldham.co.uk

And how many goals have we had in return for this investment? Or games for that matter?? Latvian Eddie was as worthwhile a use of funds

Sorry jwhite I missed this. If we all had a crystal ball....it's the mangers call, some I would say have made decent calls, kuqui, and Evina for Dickov" Hit and miss for Johnson who fully admitted we were not set you for a development project for jokists and in my mind , made amends with Elockobi and okay Murphy is debatable. Kelly attempted the PSV bloke! I can't remember want he was called and Dunn choice so far has been Fuller wether he turns good, well the jury's out.

I suppose it's a chance most mangers take when they sign a player. We just rely on that manager to have the inside knowledge to make it a good signing

Edited by underdog

Interesting that our Chief Executive is an Accountant and we have cash flow problems. Not particularly sure that he performs at Chief Executive level so where are his skills being applied?

What on earth are you on about?

Everybody on that board does exactly what Corney tells them to do, or they are out!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

When the Trust were informed of this issue 24 hours before the news broke, it was not their job to tell the fans. What does concern me, however, is that they only found out this week. How can the players not have been paid for the last 2 months yet at least one director didn't know about it?

I agree with you whichever way but were they not paid for two months or paid late for two months? I thought it was the latter but will stand corrected.

Like I said, agreed either way.

As a suggestion maybe Playershare could concentrate on Youths contracts, and providing funds to allow Youths to be given FT contracts.

Whilst I do not know, I understood that contracts not being offered to the Successful trophy winning youth team was down to funds and a quota/limited number offered contracts, and not neccesarily on abiility. If it was down to TP and in his view despite winning they were deemed not to meet the qaulity standard that is adifferent mater and to me acceptable even if I did not agreee, but at least a fotball decision. but if it was purely money/quota then I ffel that is a good use of playershare money. It also slightly overcomes the issue of playershare moeny being invested and the club not neccearily the team benfits if that players is sold for a profit.

Is there any leeways where PLayershare "profit" is ring fenced for sqaud funds?

Could that be looked into?

Thanks

I wouldn't have bothered issuing any statement, it is no business of anyone other than the club and it's employees.

Maybe it would be different if the players, groundstaff et al came on here moaning, as it stands it's a 10 page non story !

Strange how the countries best selling newspaper and the BBC see it fit to report our non story.

Strange how the countries best selling newspaper and the BBC see it fit to report our non story.

Barcelona could sell some of their biggest stars to Premier League clubs to balance the books. Forwards Lionel Messi, 28, Neymar, 23, and Luis Suarez, 28, could all be made available. (Sun)

Taken from the BBC, attributed to The Sun.....

non story?

Okay I agree our staff not being paid is a non story, so much so its been the headline on the back of the local rag all week, its a non story to those of you who now see the way the club is run as the norm, probably the same people who accept finishing 15th in League 1 as success, just because I expect more than you doesn't mean its the norm.

Sorry jwhite I missed this. If we all had a crystal ball....it's the mangers call, some I would say have made decent calls, kuqui, and Evina for Dickov" Hit and miss for Johnson who fully admitted we were not set you for a development project for jokists and in my mind , made amends with Elockobi and okay Murphy is debatable. Kelly attempted the PSV bloke! I can't remember want he was called and Dunn choice so far has been Fuller wether he turns good, well the jury's out.

I suppose it's a chance most mangers take when they sign a player. We just rely on that manager to have the inside knowledge to make it a good signing

As I said a couple of replies further down from that post - it wasn't meant as an attack on the trust and apologies if it was taken that way - rather some of the ways the funds have been used by the club. The Latvian who never even made the bench and Ricardo Fuller this season - he has brought absolutely nothing to the side whilst another playershare man is firing them in for Crawley. Just thoroughly :censored:ed off with it from all sides this season (the football and club not the trust)!