Players not paid?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the players are on as little as only £500 per week according to the Chron so go easy, ok......

some of them work for nearly 3 hours a day and most have been taking Saturdays off.

they should be paid what their contract states but I fail to feel sorry for some of the lazy overpaid :censored:ers

I must take issue with you there. I wouldnt play football for a club paying me only £500 per week, (unless I was under 21 perhaps) with 'retirement' at 35!

NB Usual exemption for Special Mention!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

By the sounds of it, if we paid the players late last month, it was almost inevitable that we were going to do so again this month. I am not sure what the terms are for receiving payments from the football league/Sky (In the back of my mind I think it might be every 6 months), but unless there is a payment on the horizon you would have to imagine that we will miss the December payment too.

This is concerning and does back up the general consensus surrounding the delays to the new stand. It also shows that we are not being told the whole truth (not that we actually have any devine right to be told the truth). As Prozac points out, the delays to the stand are stopping us generating any cash, especially in the run up to Christmas. I don't know how many events have been cancelled so far but there must be a significant cost to date with additional lost revenue on a daily basis.

This is very concerning and goes to show how close to the edge this football club is at the moment.

I guess the Sheffield United game will have a big influence on wages for December. Replay might be beneficial.

Last time this was said in the press, did Corney say that we usually pay on the last friday of the month but the contracts actually say by the final day of the month?

If the lazy bastards put some effort in rather than crying-off every week we'd have bigger gates and they'd be getting paid plus bonuses.

The cynic in me can't help but feel that they have absolutely no affiliation for the club whatsoever. They should be pulling together...backs agains the wall and all that...instead, they just can't be arsed. Now they're all feeling sorry themselves.

I guess the Sheffield United game will have a big influence on wages for December. Replay might be beneficial.

Last time this was said in the press, did Corney say that we usually pay on the last friday of the month but the contracts actually say by the final day of the month?

I find it best to take whatever Corney says with a very large pinch of salt. Its not like he hasn't been stringing the few fans he has got on for months is it.

... I don't know how many events have been cancelled so far but there must be a significant cost to date with additional lost revenue on a daily basis..

I should have though that OEC are loosing more money than Latics from cancelled events. Maybe they could sue Latics for lost earnings due to breach of contract or summat.

However if Latics do actually own the stand then they will be loosing all the rent income from the gym etc

Edited by laticsrblue

I should have though that OEC are loosing more money than Latics from cancelled events. Maybe they could sue Latics for lost earnings due to breach of contract or summat.

However if Latics do actually own the stand then they will be loosing all the rent income from the gym etc

Have a look at the directors of OEC for your answer to any court action. It appears to me Mr Corney is on the board of OEC, Oldham Athletic and what appears to be the company tasked with building the stand.

I must take issue with you there. I wouldnt play football for a club paying me only £500 per week, (unless I was under 21 perhaps) with 'retirement' at 35!

NB Usual exemption for Special Mention!

They signed the contract, they didnt have to?

In todays game at the top level its not alot of money but in many walks of life it is and for a lot less work. (Ask many of the people who pay to watch them every week)

Gone are the days when people just play for the love of the game but just because you didnt get you £500 for 20 hours work this week on time you should at least make the effort for the people in the stands spending their much harder earned money.

Edited by palmer1

Can't believe anybody is surprised at some of the players only being on 500 quid a week....outside the top two leagues, a lot of players could earn more in a general profession...I think you'd be surprised what % of players are on under £30k

Edited by Fruitygoo

Can't believe anybody is surprised at some of the players only being on 500 quid a week....outside the top two leagues, a lot of players could earn more in a general profession...I think you'd be surprised what % of players are on under £30k

Its not a worthwhile profession any more.

I have sympathy for players not being paid, deserved performances or not.

You have to expect that.

But, other teams, such as Northampton have had wage issues and still managed to put out performances.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances, but if Rhys Murphy may be staying at Crawley is they are stumping up any proportion of his wage. That said Jack Tuohy is back. Although Jordan Bove is staying at Ramsbottom (Are they paying some of his wage?!)

So maybe a loanee or two is going back.

In fact, we have only seen generally 2 loanees starting so some loanees may be back already

We have probably seen the last of Cameron Durmingham, unless 100% of his wage is being paid. His deal expires tommorow. But in light of this wage issue his sudden injury looks less assured.

Jay Fulton expires in just over 2 weeks 18th Dec.

Eckersley might just be gone too. I think his deal expires on 18th Dec approx. also

Higdon in 3 weeks.

The rest at start of Jan.

Edited by singe

At least when others deserted the club they didn't come back to smugly gloat everytime there was bad news. Very boring.

I never deserted the club. I did give up pissing in the wind though.... With the situation being the piss and people like you being the wind.... Take a bow.

You have to be one of the most active pacifists on the board telling everyone pointing out the bad reality that they are wrong. Your are as much of a problem as the bad leadership....

Edited by oafc0000