Bottom of the league....

Whats worrying is a loss next week at Cov is likely, and with Crewe at home we may well be bottom at Xmas. The game in hand doesnt cut it neither, as I could never see us beating Millwall yesterday.

The game in hand will come in handy at a time of better form

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably need 50 points to be safe so we need another 31 points from 23 games. I suppose if we could possibly get our home form going we might have a chance otherwise we're sunk!

We have 26 games left . 8 7 11 or 7 10 9 keeps us up

Edited by Magister

Tight at the top end, 46/47 points will keep you up this time.

It is the number of draws in a league which determines whether 47 or 50 is needed. Ie there are 3 points per game available . Every draw means one less point goes into the pool to be divided between the 24 teams

It is the number of draws in a league which determines whether 47 or 50 is needed. Ie there are 3 points per game available . Every draw means one less point goes into the pool to be divided between the 24 teams

The percentage of draws is fewer this season than last, so far.

24% this, 26% last.

That doesn't mean he had found form.

I think most were quite happy at the time with loaning Murphy out and bringing Higdon in.

We had too many forwards at the time. Sending both Murphy and Turner was too far though, especially with an unfit Fuller as replacement. If we needed to make space we should have decided which was more likely and kept them. It's simple to just say what we have isn't good enough. I bet Crewe don't.

Before I decided to support Oldham 28 years ago, I did debate supporting Derby but also Burton Albion as it was the nearest club to me albeit non-league at the time. I've always had a fondness for them and looked out for their scores after Oldham of course.

It depresses me that I never thought in a million years that we'd play in the same league as them let alone the Brewers leapfrogging us so emphatically as they have. Where we have dropped like a stone over the same period, Burton have not only built an impressive stadium but developed on the pitch with some astute acquisitions.

All credit to them and I hope Clough Jnr takes them up after returning to them after years years away at Derby etc.

Whats worrying is a loss next week at Cov is likely, and with Crewe at home we may well be bottom at Xmas. The game in hand doesnt cut it neither, as I could never see us beating Millwall yesterday.

Coventry not lost at home yet -

so nailed on away win.

You just know Latics !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I decided to support Oldham 28 years ago, I did debate supporting Derby but also Burton Albion as it was the nearest club to me albeit non-league at the time. I've always had a fondness for them and looked out for their scores after Oldham of course.

It depresses me that I never thought in a million years that we'd play in the same league as them let alone the Brewers leapfrogging us so emphatically as they have. Where we have dropped like a stone over the same period, Burton have not only built an impressive stadium but developed on the pitch with some astute acquisitions.

All credit to them and I hope Clough Jnr takes them up after returning to them after years years away at Derby etc.

Isn't that a bit like a Leeds or Newcastle or middllesboro or Sunderland fan saying what has the world come to when we regularly finished above them in the league?

Good luck to burton

" before I decided to support Oldham"! Blimey you had a choice and chose us! Most of us are victims of an accident of birth in having to support us

They could well be two divisions above us next season!

That doesn't mean he had found form.

I think most were quite happy at the time with loaning Murphy out and bringing Higdon in.

I wasn't. It was always going to be good for him but initially I didn't think it would be good for us. When we brought in replacements I did think it wasn't much of an issue afterall, but there were suspicions when letting a striker go straight after scoring...

He was good in a cameo against Bradford the week earlier, too.

Imagine a player playing well for two consecutive weeks this season. I'd consider that blistering form...

Edited by NewBlue

I wasn't. It was always going to be good for him but initially I didn't think it would be good for us. When we brought in replacements I did think it wasn't much of an issue afterall, but there were suspicions when letting a striker go straight after scoring...

He was good in a cameo against Bradford the week earlier, too.

Imagine a player playing well for two consecutive weeks this season. I'd consider that blistering form...

When you put it like that... :lol:

I sat there watching Jeff Stelling on Saturday thinking to myself "when was the last time we hit bottom of the league?"

Couldn't think of the answer. And I mean bottom as in at full-time...printed in the following mornings paper bottom. Not this "in-game" bottom of the league we just had.

Does anyone know the answer? Did we under Dickov and then we went to Pompey and won?

Edited by boundaryblue80