Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Wilson was absolute garbage today the first goal started when he pushed their player on the half way line when he had no need to the blokes a liability this season Winchester garbage and Philliskirk as well Murphy deserved his goal looked a threat all game

First half we played well in patches and created chances. Donny created maybe 3 and scored 2 but with a decent defence and keeper they would have scored none. The manager can't do anything about players not heading balls properly or making mistakes. That 2nd goal was comedy and I still can't understand what happened.

2nd half both teams just hoofing it which was a shame as when we played the ball on the floor in the first half we where better.

Sad to say but that's actually the best I've seen at home in a long time. Shows how bad we have been.

We didn't do it very well but the intent was there with 2 up top ( although they were in the pockets of the centre half the majority of the time). We showed a willingness to hit crosses in today and forced the keeper to have a good game for once.

Still we look vulnerable every opposition attack and generally no willingness to gamble.

Eckersley and winchester (or was it Wilson???) Want shooting for not even swinging a boot at that 2nd goal. I could forgive them for it I'd they even tried but they just watched it spin in.

No win in 10 home games. That's really bad.

Refreshing to watch a striker actively seek possession - you could tell Murphy was the only player with confidence, except Kelly. Cassidy again struggled.

Going down with that defence. Feckless. Not an ounce of leadership.

Need Forte back and Yeates in from the start so we have two wingers feeding the strikers.

Oh yeah, and an entirely new back four...

Sad to say but that's actually the best I've seen at home in a long time. Shows how bad we have been.

We didn't do it very well but the intent was there with 2 up top ( although they were in the pockets of the centre half the majority of the time). We showed a willingness to hit crosses in today and forced the keeper to have a good game for once.

Still we look vulnerable every opposition attack and generally no willingness to gamble.

Eckersley and winchester (or was it Wilson???) Want shooting for not even swinging a boot at that 2nd goal. I could forgive them for it I'd they even tried but they just watched it spin in.

It was Wilson and maybe that's why he was pulled off. Awful!

Is Cornell noshing Dunn off because I can see no logical reason that he continues to keep goal for us, he couldn't command his area in an U9 7 a side game and is shocking, don't tell me about the worldy he made because it was straight at him, this lad doesn't have a clean sheet in him at the moment.

Edited by yarddog73

Is Cornell noshing Dunn off because I can see no logical reason that he continues to keep goal for us, he couldn't command his area in an U9 7 a side game and is shocking, don't tell me about the worldy he made because it was straight at him, this lad doesn't have a clean sheet in him at the moment.

You're absolutely right, but I think you're being harsh about their first goal. It was a great effort...

The logical reason is that the alternative is no better

You're absolutely right, but I think you're being harsh about their first goal. It was a great effort...

The first wasn't Cornells fault it was James Wilsons he should not have let coppinger bring it down turn and shoot if you do that their is always a chance someone will ping it in the top corner.

We did better than we usually do at home, but the result as always is the same, yet another defeat.

We can talk about tactics and formations all we want but the bottom line is we are not good enough.

We always find a way to lose, bad defending, poor goalkeeping etc. etc.

You cant polish a turd.

Thought we were worth a draw. First half we played down the flanks crossed the ball in, had corners that beat the first man for a change and Murphy had a point blank header saved too.

I have no idea how their second went in, thought it was on the way into the side netting myself.

Thought we were more balanced with Murphy in the side and glad he scored too.

Thought we were lucky to still have a full squad on by the end of the match, from were I was in the RRE it looked like Eckersley had his studs on show and he came of worse for it too. Thoughts from any other stand?

And the referee..yikes..