Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornell, j Wilson and Winchester shouldn't be anywhere near that team! All three were shocking today. Loved how when people in the north stand had a go at Winchester for going back instead of running down the line and taking people on he had a go back. Think the lad needs a wake up call. Murphy Kelly and Jones were the only real 3 who grafted today. Would like to see Murphy Cassidy partnership flourish now.

He did the hard bit by winning the ball back 30 yards from the line he then needed to lay it off to someone to knock it down the line and we could get upto half way. He kept going backwards lost the ball he let the player turn inside, but he's not a defender someone needed to help him out there. Wilson and Winchester could have helped him out if that was bad enough Williams then was left in 5 yards of space at the far post to miss cue an absolute pea roller into the net I'd be embarrassed to concede a goal like that at 6 a side on Sunday.[/quot

Exactly we win the ball just inside our half. Nobody comes to take ball off Murphy...murphy loses ball at corner flag after 3 or 4 seconds of jockeying...the man then has 20 yard free unchallenged run along the by line...he chips it to far post towards unmarked man...by this time a good 15 seconds had elapsed to get back into shape, mark men support Murphy......clearly the keeper's fault

It is certainly a big problem.

Winchester apart I didn't see any lack of effort, only a lack of composure and quality at both ends.

That's better than can be said for some earlier matches.

It doesn't help we play with square pegs in round holes. 3 of the 4 midfielders were out of position, even more baffling when you consider we had 3 wingers on the bench, and Jones was our player of the season from centre mid last season.

Up top we weren't bad, and have goals in us now with Murphy, but defensively it is a shambles.

That's better than can be said for some earlier matches.

It doesn't help we play with square pegs in round holes. 3 of the 4 midfielders were out of position, even more baffling when you consider we had 3 wingers on the bench, and Jones was our player of the season from centre mid last season.

Up top we weren't bad, and have goals in us now with Murphy, but defensively it is a shambles.

Jones played most of his career wide before joining us, not alien to him.

Winchester is more effective wide than central.

Not sure why Yeates hasn't been starting though.

I was also fairly close and i'm sure James Wilson was moaning at Jones after it as well (because it was obviously nothing to do with him).

Maybe i'm mistaken.

James Wilson having a moan - never, saying that Cornell spent more time moaning at the ref than marshalling his defence today, a load of old women.

He did the hard bit by winning the ball back 30 yards from the line he then needed to lay it off to someone to knock it down the line and we could get upto half way. He kept going backwards lost the ball he let the player turn inside, but he's not a defender someone needed to help him out there. Wilson and Winchester could have helped him out if that was bad enough Williams then was left in 5 yards of space at the far post to miss cue an absolute pea roller into the net I'd be embarrassed to concede a goal like that at 6 a side on Sunday.[/quot

Exactly we win the ball just inside our half. Nobody comes to take ball off Murphy...murphy loses ball at corner flag after 3 or 4 seconds of jockeying...the man then has 20 yard free unchallenged run along the by line...he chips it to far post towards unmarked man...by this time a good 15 seconds had elapsed to get back into shape, mark men support Murphy......clearly the keeper's fault

Its the keepers fault for the one part he had to play in it which was failing to judge a chipped cross in his 6 yard box

Anybody with player give a brief overview of dunns post match interview?

BBC interview said he wants to reshape the squad. 'We're not a million miles off' - I agree in terms of the squad, maybe not in terms of the rest of the club.

Fans clapping players off showed we were decent. Conceded sloppy goals, which has been recurring theme of the season. Home form is a monkey on our back.

Don't know why, but I actually feel quite excited for 2016 under Dunn. Reckon we'll do okay.

Kelly was excellent today, if the rest of the team could perform even close to his level we'd be fine. But it's pretty clear they can't. Williams mustn't have been able to believe his luck in the first half, the defence gave him the freedom of Oldham. We're going down, I can't see how we're going to get out of this situation with the current team and management

They must sort out the goalkeeping situation as a matter of urgency if we are to have any chance of survival.

People are being rightly critical of individual pieces of poor defending but the back 4 as a whole are being completely undermined by the clown behind them.

They are having to face their own goal within the 6 yard box so often that they are on edge every time the ball is close to being thrown in the box.

From that uncertainty comes poor communication which is one of the reasons why the defending is so poor inside both fullback channels.

Truly desperate!!

Kelly was excellent today, if the rest of the team could perform even close to his level we'd be fine. But it's pretty clear they can't. Williams mustn't have been able to believe his luck in the first half, the defence gave him the freedom of Oldham. We're going down, I can't see how we're going to get out of this situation with the current team and management

Disagree Kelly had one of his poorer games for us, his free kick backwards to Eckersley that went out of touch epitomised his game today, though admittedly his poor games are still better than some of our other players. Winchester just didn't want it enough today, his lack of defending exposed Brain Wilson over and over again as He had to pick to pick up two players.

Interesting that. I was looking forward to watching it (yes I know) as at the end of the game I was having a discussion with a bloke who sits on the row in front. He was saying the second goal was the keepers fault as he stood and watched it go over the line. I disagreed and said it was Wilson and Eckersley who pissed about. We said we'd watch it on TV tonight. I don't tend to get many right like that.

Interesting that. I was looking forward to watching it (yes I know) as at the end of the game I was having a discussion with a bloke who sits on the row in front. He was saying the second goal was the keepers fault as he stood and watched it go over the line. I disagreed and said it was Wilson and Eckersley who pissed about. We said we'd watch it on TV tonight. I don't tend to get many right like that.

You were both right.

You'd never think the RRE was the home end would you!! It looks empty on TV.

It felt quite busy being in there. In any case, most fans sit at the sides these days.

We aren't going to have a proper home end unless crowds dramatically pick up and we start picking up wins at home.

Crowds won't pick up now no matter what happens, the rot has well and truly set in.

With a predominantly northern division, a new stand, operational as promised, and a half decent season we could have been looking at an extra 1000 average on the home attendance. That alone would have generated an extra £3/400,000 just on gate receipts.

I cannot believe how this season is turning out, it's been an absolute nightmare since day one!!!