Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we were slightly better than previous home games, still far too many players who are only looking for the safe ball, too scared to make mistakes. James Wilson was awful, defensively we were pretty poor and cornell is crap too, desperate for a new keeper as Coleman is'nt up to it yet. Watched Murphy closely as i have done before, i like him, his movement is excellent, we need a creative midfielder who can see this, hopefully this can be Wellens, i'd go with Cassidy and Murphy for a while now up front. Midfield is a strange one, on paper we have a decent midfield but it doesnt work for whatever reason. I'd stick with 4-4-2 saturday with a midfield of kelly, jones, wellens and yeates.

Besides some awful defending really weak performances from Winchester and Cassidy in particular.

This also needs highlighting Winchester was poor he was winging at his team mates and his fitness and stamina for a 22 year old is a disgrace hes wasting his obvious talent.

Cassidy hardly won a header all game a d was ineffective.

Positives Rhys Murphy looked sharp Yeates again did well when he came on and did more in 20 mins than Winchester did in 70. Jones despite not creating anything clear cut was trying and Kelly the one player I feel sorry for at the moment was giving everything.

Make no mistake about it we have a mountain to climb now and it's time for our commander in chief to stop doing his missing in action act and either back or sack this manager because we need 3-4 changes in personnel.

Dear me. The first goal was quality but it was avoidable and it's no surprise that it came down the side of Wilson and Eckersley. :censored: me they are utterly :censored:e. The second highlighted that perfectly.

Don't know what's happened to Winchester and Jones too. Both out of position but neither a shadow of their former self.

....what mistake did he make today?

Failed to take the ball for their second, slow off the line in the second half - lucky to get away with that one. Poor distribution generally. But most crucially of all, any half-decent shot ends up in the net. He's just not up to it.

No murphy allowed a player out or the corner, there was then no one within 25 yards as the man went along the by line forcing the keeper to come near post before hitting a cross for Williams which Cornell managed to intercept at full stretch only for his defence to be unable to deal with the loose ball......I think the management team recognised who of back five was culpable in both goals......said player did not emerge for second half

Anybody got any idea where B .Wilson was once Murphy allowed the man out of the corner

Why was Murphy back there? He was the only player defending in the whole :censored: up that was the second goal.

Coleman has to be in nets till the end of the season, Cornell is not a keeper, too indecisive. I don't mind a keeper making a mistake and committing to it but he changes his mind too much.

Murphy and Cassidy could work but they need the service. I have never thought we could go down but unless we start playing in the first half we are down.

Cornell is :censored:. A total liability.

That 'worldy' was a half decent save that went straight at him. Keepers are judged on their mistakes rather than their saves anyway.

One of 4 defensive positions we need to replace desperately.

I agree that Cornell is :censored: but he had no chance for that first goal. Absolutely shocking for the second though.

Why was Murphy back there? He was the only player defending in the whole :censored: up that was the second goal.

Coleman has to be in nets till the end of the season, Cornell is not a keeper, too indecisive. I don't mind a keeper making a mistake and committing to it but he changes his mind too much.

Murphy and Cassidy could work but they need the service. I have never thought we could go down but unless we start playing in the first half we are down.

He did the hard bit by winning the ball back 30 yards from the line he then needed to lay it off to someone to knock it down the line and we could get upto half way. He kept going backwards lost the ball he let the player turn inside, but he's not a defender someone needed to help him out there. Wilson and Winchester could have helped him out if that was bad enough Williams then was left in 5 yards of space at the far post to miss cue an absolute pea roller into the net I'd be embarrassed to concede a goal like that at 6 a side on Sunday. Edited by GlossopLatic