Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel particularly good about this one. Not won at home in 9, and the big break since Coventry may have lost us any momentum that built.

Don't think you'd have many detractors if you said we've not played well at home once in the ten fixtures so far, and can't see Dunn's outlook changing any time soon.

Edited by NewBlue

Don't feel particularly good about this one. Not won at home in 9, and the big break since Coventry may have lost us any momentum that built.

Don't think you'd have many detractors if you said we've not played well at home once in the ten fixtures so far, and can't see Dunn's outlook changing any time soon.

Let's be honest you don't feel particularly good about anything to go with Latics!

Pete the Support Plod is back.

Please make a compelling argument for a Latics victory tomorrow. I'd love to hear your logic.

Other than the fact that we're coming off the back of a last minute equaliser away at promotion contenders Coventry, and are playing at home against a bottom-half team who've had to play 2 games in 3 days?

Other than the fact that we're coming off the back of a last minute equaliser away at promotion contenders Coventry, and are playing at home against a bottom-half team who've had to play 2 games in 3 days?

Our away form bears nothing to our home form. I've been guilty of hoping on that but we should've learnt this from the season so far.

As for the other stuff, again, what precedent have you got from this season to back it up? It's spurious. We're indiscriminate.

Edited by NewBlue

Our away form bears nothing to our home form. I've been guilty of hoping on that but we should've learnt this from the season so far.

As for the other stuff, again, what precedent have you got from this season to back it up? It's spurious. We're indiscriminate.

There's not really any precedent to back it up, because it's not a situation we've been in. But surely the fact that the bookies have us down as favourites provides a reasonably "compelling argument" that it's not completely ridiculous to suppose that we might win tomorrow? Or do they not use "logic" to determine their odds these days?

(I'm not saying that I think we will win, I'm just saying that's it's not inconceivable that we might...)

There's not really any precedent to back it up, because it's not a situation we've been in. But surely the fact that the bookies have us down as favourites provides a reasonably "compelling argument" that it's not completely ridiculous to suppose that we might win tomorrow? Or do they not use "logic" to determine their odds these days?

(I'm not saying that I think we will win, I'm just saying that's it's not inconceivable that we might...)

Deconstructing your argument - isn't that just how a debate works...

I said that in response to Pete's personal reply, not that your argument doesn't have logic. I suppose the fact we turn up with a team is enough reason to say we can conceivably win a game of football.

Deconstructing your argument - isn't that just how a debate works...

I said that in response to Pete's personal reply, not that your argument doesn't have logic. I suppose the fact we turn up with a team is enough reason to say we can conceivably win a game of football.

Sometimes it's just a case of blind faith that's what keeps me going. Nothing else it's my football club and I carry that blind faith that we can win any one off game I'm a cocktail eyed optimist people might call that delusional but what we doing here if we don't have that blind faith.

Keep the faith tomorrow is a new game and Friday is a new year.

See you all at Boundary Park.