Liam Kelly

I agree. However, the reality is, is that after 21 games he has played, a relegation battle is exactly what he has led us into

He's led a group of constantly changing players that don't know their arse from their elbow.

He's just about the one constant in a parade of permanent and loanees whilst the system they play is being changed between managers and then by managers when they are not happy. The only other constant in Philiskirk has been played everywhere except in net.

Using 34 players in half a season is not a team, a captain needs a team to lead and stability around him, not a revolving door.

Kelly is one of our better players and I would be sad to see him leave but as others have said, we do setup very defensively with him and could do with playing that extra ten yards forward.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy was strongly hinting on LP that he's going.

Either that or he knows just as much as we do and is getting his info from here.

Kelly was one of the problems today, he dropped too deep with Wellens, inviting Colchester to take the game to us.

Kelly was one of the problems today, he dropped too deep with Wellens, inviting Colchester to take the game to us.

That is the problem with changing the system all the time. He plays defensively for 18 games out 20 and then he's asked to play further up. He's just dropping back into his normal position.

We don't know how to win a game of football especially at home...in the second half, apart from a point blank save from Cassidy, there was only one team looking to score and it wasn't us.

Our defending at times is Sunday league and from set pieces we are clueless, every time we conceded a corner or a free kick in our half they looked likely to score. Cornell is piss poor but only part of the problem.

We are going down with this squad and need 3 or 4 quality players which I don't think Corney will sanction. 2 CB's and a keeper are a must and maybe a striker especially if Murphy goes.

I think it's too late to blood so many new players but something has to change if we are to have a realistic chance of getting out of this mess.

And Corney still remains silent!!!!

Amazes me that Wigan want him when they've got Michael Jacobs and Max Power, both who are better than Kelly. Probably have others too.

No they aren't! Both those would struggle in our side this season

They are surrounded by better players. Watch Kelly thrive in a good team.

No they aren't! Both those would struggle in our side this season

They are surrounded by better players. Watch Kelly thrive in a good team.

Apart from the spell leading to the opening goal Kelly was mainly negative today. Maybe in a different team he wouldn't be.

Amazes me that Wigan want him when they've got Michael Jacobs and Max Power, both who are better than Kelly. Probably have others too.

Jacobs is a winger and Power is a wide player/attacking midfielder.

David Perkins is their holding midfielder who Kelly is probably better than.

Remember reading on here the other week that Kelly's move to Wigan is dependent on Wildschut's move from Boro. Apparently they've agreed a fee, so does that mean this deal is off?

Having watched him more closely last week, I can see why some reckon he's almost too headless chicken. Might be more helpful to the side if he calmed down a little, kept position etc.

Remember reading on here the other week that Kelly's move to Wigan is dependent on Wildschut's move from Boro. Apparently they've agreed a fee, so does that mean this deal is off?

Having watched him more closely last week, I can see why some reckon he's almost too headless chicken. Might be more helpful to the side if he calmed down a little, kept position etc.

Didn't go down needlessly in good positions and didn't moan at the ref as much.