Been n' Dunn

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has the management skills of someone who's never been a manager or had real, practical training in how to be one.

He needs to recognise that and learn, quickly, what he lacks. If not he'll never be a success. That said, you learn more by doing than anything else. Thankfully that's not here!

He has the management skills of someone who's never been a manager or had real, practical training in how to be one.

He needs to recognise that and learn, quickly, what he lacks. If not he'll never be a success. That said, you learn more by doing than anything else. Thankfully that's not here!

I'm totally convinced that Dunn will never make it as a manager. Doesn't have the leadership qualities or the intellect.

I know people who know people (OK bit distanced BUT) who vaguely know Dunn and the suggestion is that he is a very nice man

I found him easy to talk to, he did wear his heart on his sleeve though and there's a lot which went on which I have sympathy with, he's said he made mistakes, but so have the board in recent years.

Edited by BP1960

I found him easy to talk to, he did wear his heart on his sleeve though and there's a lot which went on which I have sympathy with, he's said he made mistakes, but so have the board in recent years.

This is key for his development, management is as much about when to not say something as much as when to say something.

He didnt say it,but some players let them down badly. Unfortunately I don't these players will be any diffetent under Shez.

He did say it on Twitter last night, sort of.

When I asked what he would do dofferently he said "Don't give players a chance to make the same mistakes week in week out". Someone tweeted JAmes WIlson and Cornell. Which he then retweeted!

I really like that - there's a hint of sadness in losing somebody who has an affinity to the club, whoever they are, if they've got good intentions. It's also easy to be blasé about Dunn leaving with his record without considering Shez has to bring in players to keep us up, and as potentially inept as the coaches were, they will have been preparing for this for much longer than Shez will have.

Another thing: the Tranmere, Stockport, Wrexham examples irritate me, considering the overwhelming majority of teams our size or smaller who haven't been relegated or suffered meltdown. It doesn't justify Corney's 'successes'.

I know people who know people (OK bit distanced BUT) who vaguely know Dunn and the suggestion is that he is a very nice man

I've no idea what he's like but the quotes about how Blackburn didn't get promoted because he didn't play enough, then how many he'd need to play to get us up didn't get him off on a humble footing

Great read - serves to remind us that these guys are human too. I love this bit:

"I’ve had set-backs in my life before, both in my professional and personal life. And while I wish things could have worked out better at Oldham, I still cherish some of the memories.

Like when I was caretaker manager last season and we beat Crewe away. I went back to Crewe station to take a train to Glasgow where I was doing oneof my UEFA licences.

The platform was full of Oldham fans and they saw me and started singing: ‘Dean Holden’s blue and white army!’ The other passengers were looking at me. At that moment, I was the proudest man in the world to be Oldham boss - so thanks for the opportunity."

He didnt say it, but some players let them down badly. Unfortunately I don't think these players will be any different under Shez.

He did say it on Twitter last night, sort of.

When I asked what he would do dofferently he said "Don't give players a chance to make the same mistakes week in week out". Someone tweeted JAmes WIlson and Cornell. Which he then retweeted.

That was Dunn. I was replying to Holden's article.

Lot of sympathy with him and well respected. However the working hard bit means nothing, Many of us work hard, long hours, lots of pressures but doesn't equal certain success.

You never hear someone who's doing a good job tell everyone how hard they work do you?

Edited by HarryBosch

A typically honest report from Dean- a very decent bloke who certainly gives it his all and I hope he gets fixed up soon.

It did not work out for him at Latics and for me he was too defensively orientated but he took on a difficult job at an arkward time and was beset by a lot of injuries.

He kept us up however and I am thankful to him for that. He also shows a lot of dignity in his article and no blame or malice

A typically honest report from Dean- a very decent bloke who certainly gives it his all and I hope he gets fixed up soon.

It did not work out for him at Latics and for me he was too defensively orientated but he took on a difficult job at an arkward time and was beset by a lot of injuries.

He kept us up however and I am thankful to him for that. He also shows a lot of dignity in his article and no blame or malice

Good evening Simon......

He took us from the edge of the play offs to the verge of relegation!

As things unraveled prior to Johnson & Wright leaving, Holden wasn't given an easy task with injuries and players scrapping behind the scenes. Of course none of that matters but I think he'll do well somewhere. Seems to very well regarded by many and especially those who he worked with & coached.