It's John Sheridan

Can't imagine this will be a short term deal. I reckon he'll get a two and a half year contract. And Corney will make it clear that the fans need to back him and there won't be anymore fannying around with managers, relegation or not.

He wouldn't have been my choice, but at least we'll have a stable manager, and one we can get behind.

Ideal for our donkeys.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Its not IF he goes ,he has already accepted a contract off them.

I can't or won't tell you who my source is but the deal was almost 100% done last week hence why he turned down Notts County.

I have been texted by someone who is very much in the know at the club. He stated that if Oldham lost last week the JS would take over as soon as a compensation package was agreed with the club.

There is a photo doing the rounds of JS having a meeting with the Chairman and CEO at Tesco Oldham this morning.

To me he is the same as JE ( a Judas ) .I have no problem with him bettering himself but he has gone about it in the same way as Judas mark one..Lies to cover his back whilst he wanted out.

Feeney will take over as manager with Flynn as assistant will be announced as soon as the deal is done"

From the Newport forum

I'll be pleased if that's true. Can't stand Warren Feeney.

In my opinion all of this fiasco started with the appointment of Darren Kelly. This season should have been one of optimism with the new stand. Instead that was a PR disaster.

Plus if I was the owner of a club like Latics I would be thinking that with the cost of the new stand we could NOT contemplate relegation this season of all seasons, surely a safe experienced manager should have been the choice, but who did we get? A guy who had coached the Sunderland youth team, with predictable results. Once he had gone Corney then went for a senior player and that also hasn't worked out. I still think that Dunn has been a little hard done to because he hasn't even had a transfer window to improve his squad. I actually thought he would have been a great addition as a player for us but even that can't happen now.

It looks like it's going to be Sheridan and it seems like he's a popular choice on here, but be careful what you wish for. Don't forget that he lost control of the players - Lee Hughes in particular - when they acted like idiots at Belle Vue.

It's thought that Dunn had lost the dressing room. It remains to be seen if Sheridan can get anything more out of the players if indeed he is to be the new manager.

I don't think this will be straight forward.

I have a feeling he will be appointed tomorrow with Newport lodging a complaint over an illegal approach.

This is Latics after all...

The statement from Newport clearly states it's a "formal approach to seek permission to speak to John Sheridan ", so there's no worries on that front. It's all above board. Edited by PlayItLivo

I'll be pleased if that's true. Can't stand Warren Feeney.

So long as Feeney is a better assistant manager than striker I don't mind. He couldn't be any worse at that job.

Me too.

Bygones.

If Shez thinks he's the right man for No. 2 that's good enough for me.

Sounds like he's front runner for Newport anyway though....

Looks like its happening Shez is coming back home, finally the board have had the back bone to appoint an experienced manager. Bit harsh on Dunn lets not forget this was a lad who had the managers role lumped on him rather than opting for it but he as Kelly before him wernt up to the task.

What we need to do know is give Sheridan the time and backing to get this ship heading the right way!

Get in to um Johnny!!!

In my opinion all of this fiasco started with the appointment of Darren Kelly. This season should have been one of optimism with the new stand. Instead that was a PR disaster.

Plus if I was the owner of a club like Latics I would be thinking that with the cost of the new stand we could NOT contemplate relegation this season of all seasons, surely a safe experienced manager should have been the choice, but who did we get? A guy who had coached the Sunderland youth team, with predictable results. Once he had gone Corney then went for a senior player and that also hasn't worked out. I still think that Dunn has been a little hard done to because he hasn't even had a transfer window to improve his squad. I actually thought he would have been a great addition as a player for us but even that can't happen now.

It looks like it's going to be Sheridan and it seems like he's a popular choice on here, but be careful what you wish for. Don't forget that he lost control of the players - Lee Hughes in particular - when they acted like idiots at Belle Vue.

It's thought that Dunn had lost the dressing room. It remains to be seen if Sheridan can get anything more out of the players if indeed he is to be the new manager.

In my view it started before that.

Clearly the Evans saga was the catlyst. The farting around putting Holden in charge. Inept recruitment process trying to get a rookie without a sensible template.

Looks like its happening Shez is coming back home, finally the board have had the back bone to appoint an experienced manager. Bit harsh on Dunn lets not forget this was a lad who had the managers role lumped on him rather than opting for it but he as Kelly before him wernt up to the task.

What we need to do know is give Sheridan the time and backing to get this ship heading the right way!

Get in to um Johnny!!!

Lumped on him? No way! He was bought in as safety net. EVen then he was appointed caretaker so knew what the score was. The Board were niaive in assessing him, but maybe more importantly waiting to settle with Kelly first.

Even if he can't keep us up then he knows L2 well and should give us the foundation for a crack at bouncing back.

It's as good an appointment as we could have realistically expected.

That's why he's been appointed, even if we go down no one will have a go cos it's Shez.

Corney must be laughing his cock off.