It's John Sheridan

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all that's gone on it's an absolute no brainer of an appointment and, believe it or not, an excellent PR move.

It gives everyone a lift,

if he can't turn it round he (& the board) will get far less grief than a completely new man would,

if we do go down he's got a side out of League Two before,

providing it's not a complete disaster he should stick around for the long term and can build a team and will promote youth,

and...

it might well go great from the off and we'll be comfortable before we know it and mounting a late playoff push :grin:

It is an excellent PR move dont get me wrong I'm now far more confident we can stay up with Shez in charge I won't herald him as returning messiah but I think getting anyone better would have required us to really push the boat out which having had to pay off 2 managers and a coaching team not to mention finish the stand I don't think Corney would stretch too.

Shez will have the fans on board which in turn should galvanise the players as they should now play in a more positive atmosphere at home. Which might see some home wins, remember them?

A new 22 game season starts on Saturday.

Newport County AFC Verified account 

‏@NewportCounty The Board of Directors are currently holding an emergency meeting and will be releasing a statement later on this evening.

With one reply

gareth withers ‏@riscaboy69 · 11m11 minutes ago

@NewportCounty do we get any compensation, apart from we lost a manager who hasn't wanted to be at the club for a few months.

Not sure what that is all about.

Lee Vickery ‏@lmvickery · 11m11 minutes ago

@NewportCounty the guy is a bigger judas than the last one!!!

Edited by singe

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/newport-county-afc-club-statement-2898259.aspx

The Board of Directors were made aware this evening (17.40) through the clubs’ Chief Executive that Oldham Athletic had made a formal approach to seek permission to speak to John Sheridan in relation to their vacant managerial position.

The Board are still meeting this evening to discuss the emerging and fast moving situation.

A further statement will be issued tomorrow.

Read more at http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/newport-county-afc-club-statement-2898259.aspx#SKG5HKKB7TXW2kHS.99

"Its not IF he goes ,he has already accepted a contract off them.

I can't or won't tell you who my source is but the deal was almost 100% done last week hence why he turned down Notts County.

I have been texted by someone who is very much in the know at the club. He stated that if Oldham lost last week the JS would take over as soon as a compensation package was agreed with the club.

There is a photo doing the rounds of JS having a meeting with the Chairman and CEO at Tesco Oldham this morning.

To me he is the same as JE ( a Judas ) .I have no problem with him bettering himself but he has gone about it in the same way as Judas mark one..Lies to cover his back whilst he wanted out.

Feeney will take over as manager with Flynn as assistant will be announced as soon as the deal is done"

From the Newport forum

Can't imagine this will be a short term deal. I reckon he'll get a two and a half year contract. And Corney will make it clear that the fans need to back him and there won't be anymore fannying around with managers, relegation or not.

He wouldn't have been my choice, but at least we'll have a stable manager, and one we can get behind.