It's John Sheridan

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope! To be fair this is not going to be easy so if we avoid the drop that will be a fantastic start. If we can't make it we have a manager who is capable of getting us back up. I wonder what Danny thinks about his move now. And now to Bradford to let him know what this means to us....

Edited by Hands on

Genuinely excited for the first time in years about a signing or appointment. Better manager now than when he was first here and well liked. Will instantly lift the the gloom and even if he can't save us this year I can't think of anyone else I'd prefer to be in charge next year given his lg 2 record

If Corney has always seen him as a frontrunner for vacancies whenever we've had them, why on Earth did he not take him when Johnson left?!

We were crying out for someone of note to take us forwards with the new stand and we ended up with Kelly.

He wasn't available for free then...

If Corney has always seen him as a frontrunner for vacancies whenever we've had them, why on Earth did he not take him when Johnson left?!

We were crying out for someone of note to take us forwards with the new stand and we ended up with Kelly.

He was still at Plymouth at that point to be fair.

:censored:ing idiot this Hank. Just becoming a parody of himself. I've decided anything him and Deyres42 post should be ignored as it will blatantly be stupid as :censored:

Really? Is that in your capacity as the elected leader of this forum or just a personal view? You need to get a grip, in common with some other posters on here you're way too precious. Out of 3,500 hardcore supporters, not including thousands more who can't attend games, maybe 5% post on here, and that's a generous estimate, so the fact you don't agree with my opinions doesn't make you the voice of Oldham Athletic. I'm as entitled to my opinion as every other fan and to be called a :censored:ing idiot for voicing it is not just offensive, it says a hell of a lot about how arrogant you are. Just because I don't think Sheridan's return is on a par with the second coming doesn't give you or anyone the right to get personal. If this message board is purely a little clique where people with dissenting views are routinely abused then it's worth :censored:-all. I actually think it isn't which is why I'll continue to contribute my opinions whenever I want. If you or anyone else can't handle that then it's tough :censored:. If you haven't already done so I suggest you take Singe's advice and block me cos you're obviously unable to cope with anyone who disagrees with your view of the world, which is quite sad really.

Shez is the right man for the hole we are in at the moment. Experience and a decent record at this level. Certainly short term he will put bums on seats. The players should benefit massively from the uplift in vocal support and not least being coached by someone with genuine experience.

I'm very happy with this appointment and I've not said that for a few years. To score 6 points more than 4 other bottom clubs is not impossible and well within the range of this group of players, with a couple of additions.

It does appear that most of us have got our mojo back - lets enjoy it and get behind our club.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Corney was lining up Sheridan just before Lee Johndon caught his eye.

The logical and correct appointment I think.

Dowie would have been more apt in the summer perhaps, but would have been a big gamble in terms of where we are now.

Shez has pedigree, is sharp and experienced in the managerial game, and the effect of lifting the sense of resignation among fans just by appointing him is a massive step forward.

I now believe we at least could stay up. Under Dunn and Holden, I felt relegation Was an inevitability.

I think Dunn has a lot to learn in the managerial game. His comments after Chesterfield were unnecessary, crass, and totally naive. He seemed like someone trying to manage, in the guise of an arrogant player. It must have been weird and unsettling for the players seeing a team-mate suddenly become a manager amid the farce of Kelly and his contacts no-show in the summer window.

Also, we saw little evidence of Dunn and Holden being able to improve a player. We had to rely on Crawley to fire up Rhys Murphy. Danny P just was Danny P, an honest pro and a hardworker, but everyone else regressed, and were still regressing, in startling fashion!

Edited by IceStationLatic

I can't stop smiling!

I still think we'll probably go down and the players we have are not fantastic by any means, but I think they'll be a lot better than they have been over the first half of the season and even if we do go down I feel like we'll have a fair crack at going back up.

It's the first time in a while that short and medium term future hasn't looked grim.

Welcome back Shez!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I'm always very positive when a new manager comes in, thinking this is the one that will finally get us challenging at the top, and it always ends in despair.

Whilst I'm absolutely made up with this appointment of Shez 'coming home' I'm erring on the side of caution.

If he gets us winning from the off we could be mid table by March but it could just as easily go the other way.

Dunn's probably right in saying some of these players are not good enough but if Shez can strengthen in the right areas I think we have a very good chance of staying up.

One thing is certain, I'll be at Bradford on Saturday and win or lose it should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Come on you blues!!

He might have a dour demeanour and monotone voice, but for crying out f&£ing loud compare Shez's interview to any of Darren Kelly's, or for that matter many of Dunn's and tell me that he isn't astute and able to man manage. Glint in his eye. Steely determination. You can't tell anything from an interview, bollox, of course you can!

Edited by lookersstandandy

:censored:ing idiot this Hank. Just becoming a parody of himself. I've decided anything him and Deyres42 post should be ignored as it will blatantly be stupid as :censored:

Can't comment on deyres42 but the below process has been followed.

Yo may find block a useful feature.

By your name top right there is a V

My Settings On the left hand side, 4th tab down,"Ignore Preferences"

Sctroll Down to the bottom

Add whoevers' name in

Tick whether to ignore posts or iother bits too.

Cheers singe.